Sponsored

Beeping Sound whenever I turn off the ignition and exit the truck.

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whenever I turn off my truck, and open the door, there is a constant beeping sound, until I close the door.

I am unable to find out why it is beeping.
Sponsored

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Headlights "On" instead of "Auto"?

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whenever I turn off my truck, and open the door, there is a constant beeping sound, until I close the door.

I am unable to find out why it is beeping.
Mine also occasionally beeps at me when I exit the truck as well. I haven't figured out a pattern yet..... I'll have to pay closer attention to whether I open the door before I remove the keys or not??? I still think it is just random!

Maktastic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I had the same issue but figured it out. It's the headlights. You need to turn them to "auto." The beeping is trying to warn you that your headlights are technically still on. The "auto" setting tells the truck they're off so it doesn't beep.

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for all your help. It was the headlight switch. Turned to auto.
Problem solved.

I have had this same issue happen twice now, with today being the second episode. It was the same error, the headlights were “On” and not on “Auto”and U was getting a warning beep upon vehicle exit. The strange thing is that I have never touched the headlight selector knob since I picked up the truck in November. I like the Auto headlight setting so I keep it there. I’m positive I didn’t accidentally move or nudge the button. Now that it happened a second time, I think the headlight switch may be randomly changing settings on its own. I’d be curious to hear if any others have had this same experience.

MaineAssassin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-450, Flex, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have had this same issue happen twice now, with today being the second episode. It was the same error, the headlights were “On” and not on “Auto”and U was getting a warning beep upon vehicle exit. The strange thing is that I have never touched the headlight selector knob since I picked up the truck in November. I like the Auto headlight setting so I keep it there. I’m positive I didn’t accidentally move or nudge the button. Now that it happened a second time, I think the headlight switch may be randomly changing settings on its own. I’d be curious to hear if any others have had this same experience.
Just had the same issue today. Never touched the switch and suddenly it's dinging.

Sponsored

MaineAssassin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-450, Flex, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One thing I noticed is when it happened the indictator showing what position the headlight switch was in had gone off not showing anything. It came back after switching them on and then back to auto.

hj630

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks guy. This forum rocks. I had the problem for days and decided to google it and this forum does not disappoint. It’s headlight for me

MaverickEVwouldBeNice

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Earth - Northern Hemisphere - North America - USA
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav Hyb/lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

But why can't Ford just turn the headlights off when you turn off the engine? I've owned multiple (foreign made) vehicles that had Auto-headlights, yet also an "on" setting where they turned off after the normal x second delay. No warning chime, they just figured out that technology.

I like to drive with my lights on, regardless of exterior conditions. Just a little something I picked up driving in rain and fog, you know.

I know we have daylight running lights, and in my Mav they are super bright, but still. Safety is important.

Vehicles that allowed me to do that:
VW (multiple models, going back to a 2010 Jetta Sportwagen)
2012 Fiat 500
2013 Volvo S60
2020 Kia Niro EV
2014 Subaru Forester (maybe, it's been a while on that one)
Sponsored