First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m absolutely not worried at all it seems to be made that way, a good quality bed liner like line x will fix that no problem. As you can tell the factory bed liner is very thin I’m glad I canceled it from my built
Sponsored

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would be worried about the edges not being protected by paint or bed lined and bare metal being exposed. Fords way of making sure the bed rust out so you have to buy another vehicle
The entire structure is e-coated in a dip and baked. There is no bare metal.

OP
OP
Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Cactus Grey, Jeep Wrangler Mango
I was unloading my gold clubs from the back of my Maverick and noticed light coming through from the underside of bed between bed and floor of bed. This can not be a good thing as it looks like the bedside and floor are not connected. The other side looks fine. I am heading to the dealer to see what they have to say. I am very unhappy about this because I love the truck and now I have concerns

20211115_134357.jpg

20211115_134426.jpg

20211115_134522.jpg

20211115_134532.jpg

20211115_134630.jpg

20211115_134640.jpg
He must be quite the golfer to have Gold Clubs
Man I wish I could say I was that good of a golfer

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lol, this is one of the weirdest automotive forums I’ve ever been a part of. People outraged and “saddened” for this owner.

Internet engineers, this is normal and how it is supposed to look.

OP
OP
Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, this is one of the weirdest automotive forums I’ve ever been a part of. People outraged and “saddened” for this owner.

Just curious does your bed have a gap between the floor and side of bed. I have owned trucks for years and never have I been able to shine a light through the floor and side of bed. The dealer will look at tomorrow. I also have a Buddy that bought a Maverick and he doesn’t have a Gap that is open like that. Yes there is a space between the floor and bed but either seam sealer or welds must have been left out.

Sponsored

Labfam

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine has gaps as well and can confirm when shining light from the wheel well. Thanks for noticing and sharing the info. At least, no water will always drain somehow.

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This will be a huge issue with a tonneau cover and gravel roads….to me a bigger concern than water ingestion/drainage

Sponsored

oldfatguy

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997ranger 2006 fusion 2001 bmw330ci 2004.5w3500
mine has a gap to , i had the dealers body shop look at it he said they are not seam sealed but he thought it was a little wide , we documented it so if there is a problem latter it is written down , im going to seam seal it for dust reasons when my cover shows up in a day or two

OP
OP
Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mine has a gap to , i had the dealers body shop look at it he said they are not seam sealed but he thought it was a little wide , we documented it so if there is a problem latter it is written down , im going to seam seal it for dust reasons when my cover shows up in a day or two
So the dealer I bought my Maverick from had no idea if it was normal or not. They had my take it to another dealer with a body shop and they are waiting for repair guidelines to determine if there should be seam sealer there or not. They were a little surprised that the spray in liner didn’t fill in the gap. They documented everything and will get back in touch once they get the repair guidelines.
So after this I made a call to Ford customer service and told them the issue. They had me send in photos and also documented the issue.
I have been been able to find a Maverick with a Spray in liner To look at and see if it’s seam sealer or not. Once I get a update from dealer or Ford I will post

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4

The commenters are paying no attention to you. Don‘t know of that is amusing or sad.