Sponsored

Bed storage cubby door, will this be a common stolen item?

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm just going to take the cubby door off and throw it away. That way no one can steal it. :unsure: Sort of like the philosophy that you should park your brand new vehicle in the first row of a Walmart and leave it for the day. That way you won't be freaking out looking for the first scratch, it will already be done and you can thereafter treat your truck ... like a truck. :sneaky:

To be a bit serious, I had a 2003 Silverado with 184K miles on it. I took it everywhere on my property to collect wood. When I got my new F150, it was painful because all of a sudden I had to worry about branches and other things that might hurt my new truck.
Sponsored

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Like many others, I just keep ratchet straps in there, but I managed to lose my cubby door somehow. I just learned that you can't replace just the door; you have to buy the whole cubby assembly. The dealer wants $60.72 for the cubby, but ford.oempartsonline.com is selling it for $35.36.

I'm going to see if I can get just the door through online salvage yards since I know some Mavericks have already made their way there.