FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm planning to get Elevate TS Rails, and a compatible soft roll up tonneau cover. Can attach a whole variety of after market cross bars to the t-slot rails. I may just make something custom out of 8020 aluminum.
https://truxedo.com/elevate-ts-rails
That's a nice solution. I do wonder if it'll work with the Maverick since they explicitly exclude both generations of the Ridgeline.
Sponsored

FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want the same rails for the cab roof and put a removable crossbar up there. The Maverick has such a low roof height (68"+/-) that loading it would be easier than on bigger trucks.
I was looking at a Volvo today and they have these very low profile rails that I hope someone makes for the Maverick.
1628175406452.png
Both Yakima and Thule have tracks you can install on a naked roof.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have seen those and they are an option. Van owners use them frequently and there are all kinds of rack attachments that can be used with them. I just liked the sleek sealed look of the Volvo. I also am concerned about wind noise and removability. The Thule rack I have on my Subaru is certainly not quiet.

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want the same rails for the cab roof and put a removable crossbar up there. The Maverick has such a low roof height (68"+/-) that loading it would be easier than on bigger trucks.
I was looking at a Volvo today and they have these very low profile rails that I hope someone makes for the Maverick.
1628175406452.png
My BMW had something similar on the roof, but I hated them, I felt they were too flush so the attachments never seemed to engage tight enough...especially when sliding my 80 lb kayak up there! However, I would take it over not having it.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I checked out a Jeep Compass today which had some low profile rails. It did not look too secure. The Volvo seemed secure but the formed aluminum is never something that is going to be available aftermarket. I'm just dreaming. The latest photos showed just how low the roof really is and how perfect it is for a fully functional rack system.

Sponsored

lostinacrowd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm planning to get Elevate TS Rails, and a compatible soft roll up tonneau cover. Can attach a whole variety of after market cross bars to the t-slot rails. I may just make something custom out of 8020 aluminum.
https://truxedo.com/elevate-ts-rails
I checked out one of them at the dealer and swear the top of the bed tapers in slightly. I meant to hold a long straight etch to it. I want to do the Thule inverted t-slot style rails and cut them so they're just below flush of the cab. The rails may hang over the outside edge though if I go all the way to the end.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Roof rails and a cargo basket will be one of my first purchases. Same with a hitch mounted cargo basket. I have 3 kids in school to move around and family vacations feel like we need a semi trailer for all the crap my wife wants to pack.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So far I haven't found anyone that is making a rail that won't scratch up the paint. I like the idea of a rail that runs front to back in the same channel that the black moldings are located. The are ~49" on center, apart and go from the top of the windshield channel and wrap over the cab at the back by almost an inch. If someone makes a rail that will fit in that channel, and is stong enough to clamp to, making a cargo rack to fit it would be pretty easy. That would also make it much better for load distribution over the roof as well as make it easier to keep the roof clean.

mou

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Hybrid, '13 BRZ, '99 Impreza
I was hoping there'd be low-profile fixed point roof racks like a prinsu by now but from what I read in another thread, it's tough removing the gutter guards on the roof so I'm not sure if any companies are designing one for the maverick atm. Has anyone heard any news or info of any fixed points racks?
Sponsored