Sponsored

Bed Cross Bars and Roof Rails

cbkcc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
The Bed Cross Bars at $800 seem really high?

Anyone happen to know the cost?

Also, I assume they would not fit when using a tonneau cover as they seem to go below the bed rail and not into the rails themselves.

2nd questions, does the Maverick have roof rails? Does not look like it in the pictures.
Sponsored

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
It doesn’t come with roof rails but they can be added in the aftermarket which is what you should always wait for. OEM add-ons like this are just third party products being marked up by Ford.

Scooter66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The bed crossbars look like Yakima HD bars 60” and they cost $240 but you also need the mounting. Yakima Bedrock another $240. I spent $1,000 on the Yakima Overhaul HD Bed Rack system for its adjustable height.
As for the roof, Rhino Rack Pioneer Backbone Platform for the roof probably another $1,000.
Ford Maverick Bed Cross Bars and Roof Rails 1625227373578
Ford Maverick Bed Cross Bars and Roof Rails 1625227456345

Last edited:

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
It doesn’t come with roof rails but they can be added in the aftermarket which is what you should always wait for. OEM add-ons like this are just third party products being marked up by Ford.
Yes, but if they are ordered as part of the truck, they (and their installation) are covered under the truck's warranty, rather than a separate warranty by an aftermarket company and an install warranty from the dealer (if you choose to have the dealer install it). Also, the people installing it will be factory workers who do it day in and day out. To me, that would make it worthwhile to order it as part of the truck, even at a markup.

Last edited:

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Installation isn't a big deal for racks it today's market. They have made it so easy and user friendly. The wait to see what the aftermarket vendors design for the Maverick would be worth it. They always come up with really cool ideas, utilitarian designs.

As mentioned above, Ford is going to buy a generic off the shelf rack system that will look cool. If you are going to use it for more than transporting your bikes to the the nearest park or items to the club soccer weekend tourney, you will see the shortcomings quickly. Plus they are buying it third party and adding the Ford price increase on it. Your money will go farther with aftermarket.

Sponsored

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, but if they are ordered as part of the truck, they (and their installation) are covered under the truck's warranty, rather than a separate warranty by an aftermarket company and an install warranty from the dealer (if you choose to have the dealer install it). Also, the people installing it will be factory workers who do it day in and day out. To me, that would make it worthwhile to order it as part of the truck, even at a markup.
I'm with you. Factory-equipped rails are manufactured with a thoroughly tested design and assembled by experienced workers using Industrial grade facilities. They are more reliable.

I hope there will be some fixed points🤞🤞

A Flexbed is waiting for a Flexroof😆😆

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Installation isn't a big deal for racks it today's market. They have made it so easy and user friendly. The wait to see what the aftermarket vendors design for the Maverick would be worth it. They always come up with really cool ideas, utilitarian designs.

As mentioned above, Ford is going to buy a generic off the shelf rack system that will look cool. If you are going to use it for more than transporting your bikes to the the nearest park or items to the club soccer weekend tourney, you will see the shortcomings quickly. Plus they are buying it third party and adding the Ford price increase on it. Your money will go farther with aftermarket.
I like aftermarket racks. But they need rails or towers as their bases. Under rails and towers, there are the holes and seals. I prefer this part of the job can be finished in the factory if we have choice.

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte

Don't you have to drill into the sheet metal of the roof to install roof racks? Wouldn't that void some of your warranty regarding the integrity of the roof and waterproofing? I really don't like the idea of buying a brand new truck for 25k and immediately drilling holes into it.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have my Maverick on order. The first order of business when I get it is to install a rack. My sport is kayaking and I haul around a 16 foot boat. and sometimes 2 or 3. Currently. I drive a Subaru Forester with extendable Thule cross bars with detachable j cradles. I am hoping that Ford has some sort of mounting point on the cab roof. I could do this.
Ford Maverick Bed Cross Bars and Roof Rails 1626224908234

The 4 1/2 foot bed is too short to do this.
Ford Maverick Bed Cross Bars and Roof Rails 1626225116235

Maybe this. Rails would be nice.
Ford Maverick Bed Cross Bars and Roof Rails 1626225431324

I like the Prinsu racks for the Tacoma. The spoiler might cut down on wind noise. If there is a mounting point I can make it work.
Ford Maverick Bed Cross Bars and Roof Rails 1626226872077

The Maverick is the perfect starting platform. The roof height is low enough that I can reach the rails and the small truck bed is better for throwing wet gear than the inside of the Forester.

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
I would wait for the aftermarket instead of ordering OEM accessories of unknown quality

Sponsored

66six

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The bed crossbars look like Yakima HD bars 60” and they cost $240 but you also need the mounting. Yakima Bedrock another $240. I spent $1,000 on the Yakima Overhaul HD Bed Rack system for its adjustable height.
As for the roof, Rhino Rack Pioneer Backbone Platform for the roof probably another $1,000.
1625227373578.png
1625227456345.png
Now we’re talking roof rack but too expensive $ $ $

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want the same rails for the cab roof and put a removable crossbar up there. The Maverick has such a low roof height (68"+/-) that loading it would be easier than on bigger trucks.
I was looking at a Volvo today and they have these very low profile rails that I hope someone makes for the Maverick.
Ford Maverick Bed Cross Bars and Roof Rails 1628175406452
Sponsored