First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just received my hard folding tonneau cover from Ford Canada. I had ordered it in June/21 when I ordered my Maverick. I received the truck in Oct/21. The cover was easy to install. Looks and fits great.
Sponsored

oldstudent52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Colorado
Just received my hard folding tonneau cover from Ford Canada. I had ordered it in June/21 when I ordered my Maverick. I received the truck in Oct/21. The cover was easy to install. Looks and fits great.
Does yours leak? Mine was factory installed and had cracks in the weather strips and leaked in the corners near the cab. Service ordered a new one and installed it. It already had small cracks in the rubber and still leaks.

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Does yours leak? Mine was factory installed and had cracks in the weather strips and leaked in the corners near the cab. Service ordered a new one and installed it. It already had small cracks in the rubber and still leaks.
In doing my research before buying any cover, durability was a concern for me since I was only going to get one shot at this. I chose a retractable cover from Truck2Go made by SyneticUSA. Yes, it leaks a little from the car wash but just a little I donā€™t think thereā€™s any cover that wonā€™t leak some except for the type that lifts up. Hereā€™s some pics.

Ford Maverick Ford Hard Folding Tonneau Cover Installed IMG_0169

Ford Maverick Ford Hard Folding Tonneau Cover Installed IMG_0151

Ford Maverick Ford Hard Folding Tonneau Cover Installed IMG_0073

Fratedog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2023 Maverick, Bmw F900R, Tiger 660
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Halo9x... Have a couple of questions, if you'd be so kind?
1. Can the tailgate be opened with cover fully closed and locked?

2. Do you lose approx. 9 inches or 21 inches of bed with it fully rolled up?

3. Is it easily and fairly quickly removable after initial install?

Thanks in advance... their website is pretty vague on info.

Sponsored

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

@Halo9x... Have a couple of questions, if you'd be so kind?
1. Can the tailgate be opened with cover fully closed and locked?

2. Do you lose approx. 9 inches or 21 inches of bed with it fully rolled up?

3. Is it easily and fairly quickly removable after initial install?

Thanks in advance... their website is pretty vague on info.
Glad to be of help! The cover does not interfere or hinder the tailgate in anyway. In fact, one compliments the other. When locked, the only way to get in is with a cutting torch!
Iā€™m not sure exactly how many inches you ā€˜loseā€™ but it would depend on what youā€™re trying to load. There is room underneath the retractable box for smallish items.So, itā€™s not totally lost space. But yes, youā€™re going to lose about a foot of space at the back of the bed.
I guess it would take about 30 minutes to an hour to uninstall since all you have to do is loosen the clamps. Something I have no need of doing. If you plan on doing that a lot, I would get something else. The retractable cover is pretty much intended to be a permanent addition. For me, if I have to remove the cover, then it isnā€™t going in the bed or Iā€™m going to have to rent a small trailer to carry what I need.
I suggest getting a cover that would meet your planned bed usage.

Ford Maverick Ford Hard Folding Tonneau Cover Installed IMG_0171

Ford Maverick Ford Hard Folding Tonneau Cover Installed IMG_0170

Ford Maverick Ford Hard Folding Tonneau Cover Installed IMG_0169

Ford Maverick Ford Hard Folding Tonneau Cover Installed IMG_0073

Fratedog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2023 Maverick, Bmw F900R, Tiger 660
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Much obliged for the quick and quite detailed answers. I need to think this one out a bit more due to the possibility of needing, albeit rarely, the whole bed.
Cheers, FG

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Much obliged for the quick and quite detailed answers. I need to think this one out a bit more due to the possibility of needing, albeit rarely, the whole bed.
Cheers, FG
Actually that cover, like the Retrax Pro I have on my TRX and Raptor can be removed in ~5 minutes...

There's no need to completely disassemble it like it was shipped, just quickly back off the bolts on the (6) side clamps and lift off...

(y)

Last edited:

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually that cover, like the Retrax Pro I have on my TRX and Raptor can be removed in ~5 minutes...

There's no need to completely disassemble it like it was shipped, just quickly back off the bolts on the (6) side clamps and lift off...

(y)

A correction to my post, to only remove the cover, if it takes you 3 minutes you are doing something wrong. No tools needed, fold the cover up against the cab, there are (2) thumbscrews to loosen, then simply lift the cover off. Reverse for installation. There is no need to remove the side rails. But I just removed them as I'm transfering my cover to the new '23 Maverick I picked up Friday. Removing the (2) rails took about 1 minute, one turn on each of the (6) clamps and they fall off and lift the rails off. Again, no need to remove the rails if you just want to remove the cover.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad to be of help! The cover does not interfere or hinder the tailgate in anyway. In fact, one compliments the other. When locked, the only way to get in is with a cutting torch!
Iā€™m not sure exactly how many inches you ā€˜loseā€™ but it would depend on what youā€™re trying to load. There is room underneath the retractable box for smallish items.So, itā€™s not totally lost space. But yes, youā€™re going to lose about a foot of space at the back of the bed.
I guess it would take about 30 minutes to an hour to uninstall since all you have to do is loosen the clamps. Something I have no need of doing. If you plan on doing that a lot, I would get something else. The retractable cover is pretty much intended to be a permanent addition. For me, if I have to remove the cover, then it isnā€™t going in the bed or Iā€™m going to have to rent a small trailer to carry what I need.
I suggest getting a cover that would meet your planned bed usage.

IMG_0171.jpeg

IMG_0170.jpeg

IMG_0169.jpeg

IMG_0073.jpeg
They should grant you a commission as I think this is the one I'm going to end up getting and it is based on this post.

Sponsored

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cheers, FG
Call Chris Dove at RealTruck and he will spend time helping you determine which cover is best and be sure to ask for a MTC discount. The first sales person I spoke with sold me a BakFlip MX4 which I couldnā€™t lift at 71 lbs.! Chris helped me determine the best one for my truck.

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

They should grant you a commission as I think this is the one I'm going to end up getting and it is based on this post.
When you do, please let them know. I am trying to get the word out. Iā€™m very pleased with mine and like to support good products. I was torn between the retract and the hard roll-up type. But after reading about durability issues and the fact that the roll-up was more expensive I decided on the SyneticUSA product. The other brands at my dealership were $500+ more before installation! It is still expensive BUT itā€™s a purchase I will only make once! I think youā€™ll be pleased with the SyneticUSA cover especially after you see how it looks and works.

JLUE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I started to order a cover from Ford but I ordered a $200 tri-fold cover from Amazon. It has a small leak in the corner but it fits and looks great. I ordered another $200 cover for my new Maverick which I ordered for my wife.
Ford Maverick Ford Hard Folding Tonneau Cover Installed 16904727848254482102518645897692
Sponsored