FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly what I was thinking. The 100 ft-lbs I use on my other car seems like a lot to me already, I worry everytime I torque a wheel nut.
Yeah, what you guys said. I've been torquing alloys to 75 ft-lbs for the last 40 years...
Sponsored

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are the stock lug nuts 21MM?

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Page 354 of the owner's manual gives the proper spec.. hard to believe people will trust what they see/read online instead of taking a glance at the manual that comes with their vehicle.

What a time to be alive.

1633722756977.png
How dare you suggest reading!

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
148 ft/lbs is standard max clamp torque for an M14 grade 10.9 bolt.
You are correct. I did some research on bolt torque relative to diameter to achieve the proper bolt preload for tension and Fords specs are true. I got my information from ARP and their specs are with lubricant on the threads. Same spec as on F-150.

Sponsored

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Page 354 of the owner's manual gives the proper spec.. hard to believe people will trust what they see/read online instead of taking a glance at the manual that comes with their vehicle.

What a time to be alive.
I miss the adage of RTFM :sneaky:

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bullseyecustomautos.com
Vehicle(s)
02 Lightning, 18 850whp TT F150, 21 whippled F150
LOL at anyone who thinks I didnt have the proper lugnuts sitting on the toolbox.

The video was/is for the HUGE majority of people who don't look at the owners manual. not the 1% of people on the internet who want to be right about something. Go to any facebook group.. or hell, even this forum and its filled with questions, questions that this video and pretty much every other maverick video i've made/posted answer.

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)

What a time to be alive.

1633722756977.png

are you new to the internet... it isn't hard to believe at all.... look at 95% of the questions that get asked online..

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
^

Ford Maverick Bad news on aftermarket wheels / tires / etc enjoy the show

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Can't believe you swapped out your third brake light for a cheapy that will 100% have condensation issues, yet you were barking at me over my suggestion of just buying a new front emblem to paint and install because "some people like to use their stock stuff." Aren't you the retrofit/painter pro? Couldn't you have put LED's in your OEM light and smoked/tinted it as well? I guess at least the cheapy light won't have finger prints or hair in the housings like your usual work. Stay away from Bullseye Retros... See pics - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Lmfao it doesn't matter if they buy new or use the oem.. the front end has to come off regardless.

And the amazon The third brake light is already off and an oem LED one is apart and being paint matched. Again since comprehension seems to be a weak point for you.. all this stuff is all being done to show what can be done and is available for the mavericks currently.

Congrats on bringing up shit from half a decade ago though.

Ford Maverick Bad news on aftermarket wheels / tires / etc 060

Sponsored

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
are you new to the internet... it isn't hard to believe at all.... look at 95% of the questions that get asked online..
Not to mention you answered a few questions I hadn't even thought of yet. Besides 99% of us left reading boring manuals to those who brown nosed the English teacher. 😆 besides why they being critical of your video not like he's making anything better... @Mrboom_5.0 thanks for the videos weather they help anyone or not at least you're trying. Some of us appreciate it.

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Not to mention you answered a few questions I hadn't even thought of yet. Besides 99% of us left reading boring manuals to those who brown nosed the English teacher. 😆 besides why they being critical of your video not like he's making anything better... @Mrboom_5.0 thanks for the videos weather they help anyone or not at least you're trying. Some of us appreciate it.

Everyone looks for shit to complain about on the internet lol. If you look my name up on Facebook. Half the time questions get asked the first thing I mention is search bar or owners manual.

I was at the tire store and the lugs were $45 lol. I returned them the next day so it didn't cost me anything to disprove the incorrect info. And like you said most people stopped reading manuals and books in school.

It's easier to search the internet.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone know the height of the Maverick's Lug Nuts?

I am looking to purchase some Wheel Locks for my Maverick that should be delivered in December and the following kits are M14 x 1.5 but one set is 0.89" tall and the other is 1.5" tall.

McGard 24019

McGard 24515

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the info @Mrboom_5.0 - not sure why people feel the need to complain. It's the consumer and not producer mentality (they aren't really interested in providing info to the community...just picking it apart). I do think the news isn't actually bad, and you provided new information, so maybe people are salty about clickbait titles :p

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Thanks for the video.. maybe it's just an illusion since the front end is missing, but it almost looks like these Mavericks could really use a staggered setup. I know that can be a little trickier to pull off on an AWD but it can be "faked" via spacers for a square setup. It looks like the front wheel is 3/4"-1" further out than the rear. Maybe a 15mm or even 20mm spacer will help me out. Should have mine in the next few weeks to get a better idea on fitment of my wheels in person. Glad to see I'm not the only one who will be tearing in right away though!

Thanks again, can't wait to see more! Cheers!
Ford Maverick Bad news on aftermarket wheels / tires / etc 1634083729478
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.