Sponsored

Are you Ceramic Coating your Maverick ? Cost ?

Strobe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2013 BMW M3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll most likely be ceramic coating mine when it comes in later this month, provided it is still warm enough in my garage. I am a little bit worried by the idea that the truck was built last week and will be less than 30 days old when I get my hands on it. Not sure if I should be sealing in such fresh paint even though it is supposedly cured quicker being factory and not a re-paint. It just would be nice to get it coated for all the road salt it will see in the coming months.

My plan is to follow Obsessed Garage's method of decon wash, ironX, clay, probably a light polish, then CSL/EXO combo along with DLUX/Gliss for the wheels. Already got the all the stuff waiting.
Sponsored

baseballchamps

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Taurus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been using Nu Finish once a year car polish for the past 20 years on my 2001 Taurus. Applying Twice a year spring and fall. Until recently the finish looked like new but father time has caught up with the paint and has begun to peel. Nu Finish is easy to apply and I will continue using it when my New Maverick arrives. Price is about $7.50 per bottle and is good for about 4 treatments. Can't beat it!

TXM2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FWD ECO Maverick Lariat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good job, it's great looking. Thanks for the information. I wonder if it would be ok to apply a graphene ceramic and follow with the Carpro Hydro2 once a month or so?
I think that's a nice plan.

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We just got my wife a new explorer while we wait for my Mav to come in. The dealership had a ceramic coating along with full interior protection, including rips and tears, small dings with a 6 year warranty for $1,000. Finished product looks great and with the dealer backing it for 6 years figured it was worth it. Still haven't decided if its worth it for the Mav, but on a $50,000 SUV figure its worth the cost.

Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I ordered my Maverick the salesman had the ceramic coating deal sitting on his desk, I inquired, but @$1500 I'll pass. I purchased my 04 Taurus 3 weeks after it was built, I have been using liquid wax like Turtle or Meguires, hand wax once after winter & once in fall, no rust & shines like the day I bought it.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Every FORD we have owned has paint that is prone to rock chips so I will be having XPEL installed on the bumper, hood, and fenders once it arrives. The shop will also do a full paint correction and ceramic coating on the rest of it.

Woodsman27

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, 07 335I, 93 240sx
We just got my wife a new explorer while we wait for my Mav to come in. The dealership had a ceramic coating along with full interior protection, including rips and tears, small dings with a 6 year warranty for $1,000. Finished product looks great and with the dealer backing it for 6 years figured it was worth it. Still haven't decided if its worth it for the Mav, but on a $50,000 SUV figure its worth the cost.
I decided to opt with a plan similar to that. Mine is the resistall 360 and is a 7 year warranty. In the back room he offered it to me ($900ish) and I said it was too much and politely declined. As we were about to wrap up I mentioned that it sounded like a good product and he offered it to me at $436 to which I accepted.. yea he "got me" but I feel like I got him a bit too lol.

The ceramic coating looks great on the alto blue too

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who has had there Maverick ceramic coating done to it ? If so, what is it costing you ? Checking to see if it`s worth the price or not ? Thanks
Since I'm in planning on keeping my Maverick a long time, I'm getting the Zurich Shield, a bit over $700, but protection inside & out for 7 years, glossy shine & never needs waxing.
Sponsored