jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Check with the attorney general of your state on whether a docent fee is required. I called in my state Mass. and it is a pure dealer profit. Obviously, things that are required by state like title, taxes are just collected by the dealer.
docent
noun
do·cent ˈdō-sᵊnt dō(t)-ˈsent

Synonyms of docent
: a college or university teacher or lecturer

: a person who leads guided tours especially through a museum or art gallery
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/docent

Pretty sure you mean doc/document fee. ;)

It's always added profit, it's the "cost of doing business" fee.
Sponsored

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Taxes look high. Is this state sales tax or vehicle taxes paid to your county? In South Carolina the sales tax is $500.00. The county taxes in our state are determined by the county auditor's office, based on the vehicles value at time of sale.
I'm not the OP, but I can say that the taxes he listed are a lot less than what I paid for taxes. We have a 5.5% sales tax paid when you buy the vehicle, plus an excise tax you pay at registration.

Fibrepunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've never heard of a "deputy fee" but that may be state dependent. Rest are in line with what most dealers charge. Mine doesn't charge a doc fee, but $149 is as about as low as I have seen them.
In California, doc fee is max at $85 for all dealers.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our state requires deputies at DMV to inspect titles from out of state and out of country vehicles to be licensed in our state. It is not an added fee here but paid from general revenue in the sheriff's budget.

Sponsored

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doc Fee in California is capped at $85, but they get you on State taxes. Either way, you're going to get a shellacking with no lubrication.

Stillman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The truck is on its way and estimated to arrive in two to three weeks. However, I received a rough final price from the dealer, and I noticed some questionable charges and fees that I'm unsure about. What do y'all think? Are they legit fees or markups? Any advice and dealer tips welcomed.

Screenshot_20230425-123002~2.png
you are getting by cheap. My dealer charged 10% over MSRP to start and had a $600.00 extra fee that was bogus.

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The truck is on its way and estimated to arrive in two to three weeks. However, I received a rough final price from the dealer, and I noticed some questionable charges and fees that I'm unsure about. What do y'all think? Are they legit fees or markups? Any advice and dealer tips welcomed.

Never heard of a deputy fee. Is the inspection fee what dealers charge for washing and taking the plastic off of the seats? The doc fee is the cost you pay the dealer for well I filling out the paperwork. As far as the license fees go here in Michigan the dealers are required to handle filing with the SOS electronically. Then the SOS charges a service fee for that. Oh and by the way there is sales tax on the SOS fees,

Joofchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Last 3 appear bogus. Say no.

thallman1125

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I did an out of state order with Long McArthur, and I did X-Plan pricing. This is how it was setup for me. Not sure if this helps or not.
Ford Maverick Are these fees normal? 1682518583394

Also, to note, TT&L was charged by the credit union since it was out of state.

Sponsored

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

From my California new vehicle purchase agreement: "Fees paid to government officials":
Vehicle license fee $213; Registration/transfer/titling fees $238; California tire fee $8.75; Smog Abatement fee $20; TOTAL PAID TO GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS; $479.75 plus sales tax at the rate of 7.75%. My standardized California purchase agreement used by all CA dealers clearly states what is and what is not a governmental fee. For example the dealer charged me a "document processing charge" and that is clearly indicated as NOT a governmental fee - it is what the dealer charged for processing the paperwork - a "junk" fee in my opinion but that is the price of admission at most dealers. [The tire fee is an evironmental fee that covers the proper disposal and recycling of my used tires when the time comes to replace them.]

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mad dealer bends people over for $899.00 doc fee looks like you're getting off easy.

PapaRico

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Bill K

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are dealers who charge no doc fees. Here they can run up to $499. Or as low as $0. Bought my Maverick at $0. Shop around.
Sponsored