Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Only styles I personally prefer are:

Flush fit:
leer-200xq-sport-chvy_slvrdo_200xq_3_4_rear_drvr_894-min.jpg

Fast-back:
ford-f-150_100691417_h.jpg

Or retractable soft-top:

While that fast back looks neat, it completely ruins the entire purpose of having a vehicle designed for utility.

I could see myself getting the collapsible one.

I'm gonna avoid getting a cap right away because I know i'll just store a bunch of shit in the bed.

edit: Yeah, I'm digging that retractable cap. watching his process taking it down at first, I thought it was just a nuisance. Then he just shoved it over and I was sold.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While that fast back looks neat, it completely ruins the entire purpose of having a vehicle designed for utility.
Not at all IMO. Many people get flat one-piece fiberglass tonneau covers, but those have less height and total volume than a fastback does and don't give the aerodynamic advantage of a fastback either.

As you can see below, they open up wide for easy loading, and effectively becomes a giant SUV like trunk, but since the cab is separated from the bed, you can keep the inside clean. That means no mulch or sod smell or dirt, dirty dogs can hop back there and shed all they want, toss all your fishing gear back there, and so forth that you can spray out with a hose. I've seen cloth "poor-man's" version for Broncos too:
Ford Maverick ARE Bed Cap for Maverick (First Look Pics) message-editor_1549575265740-36405136_1659853304084411_7437942879093260288_o

Yeah, I'm digging that retractable cap. watching his process taking it down at first, I thought it was just a nuisance. Then he just shoved it over and I was sold.
I think the idea with most retractables, is that 99% of the time, its just left in its deployed state. But in the rare cases where you're transporting something that is just too darn tall, like say a boxed 85" TV from Costco or a really tall plant from GardenCenter, then you can take it down and store it neatly. You wouldn't be doing it every day though.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Mav is smaller than the Gladiator. ARE has not much to work with for the window door openings needed by contractors.

LineNoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Not at all IMO. Many people get flat one-piece fiberglass tonneau covers, but those have less height and total volume than a fastback does and don't give the aerodynamic advantage of a fastback either.

As you can see below, they open up wide for easy loading, and effectively becomes a giant SUV like trunk, but since the cab is separated from the bed, you can keep the inside clean. That means no mulch or sod smell or dirt, dirty dogs can hop back there and shed all they want, toss all your fishing gear back there, and so forth that you can spray out with a hose. I've seen cloth "poor-man's" version for Broncos too:

I think the idea with most retractables, is that 99% of the time, its just left in its deployed state. But in the rare cases where you're transporting something that is just too darn tall, like say a boxed 85" TV from Costco or a really tall plant from GardenCenter, then you can take it down and store it neatly. You wouldn't be doing it every day though.
That is actually pretty badass. I figured it didn't open at all. Mind. Blown.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

All I want is side doors with vents or windows and load bars on top with 300lb capacity. I will be adding bars to my roof aswell to support long loads better and increase capacity to 450-500lbs. I do like the idea of a tool box on one side and a vented window that opens on the other side. I kindof prefer the look of the old school work type cap. They look stronger and easier to repair than the slick ones. That fasback top is cool but more for a full sized bronco than a truck.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
It's a contractor cap. Contractors want function over form. I'm sure the consumer caps will be much more aesthetically pleasing
Yep, this is it in a nutshell. If I was a small time contractor, plumber, electrician, ect. I would be all over that.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Saw this displayed at the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg today. The rep said they're also working on a fiberglass cap and to keep an eye out "in the next few months" 🤫😎

ARE Bed Cap Ford Maverick 1.png

ARE Bed Cap Ford Maverick 5.jpg

ARE Bed Cap Ford Maverick 2.png

ARE Bed Cap Ford Maverick 3.png
Looks very.... Proto typish ... I'm sure a final product could blend with the cab better. Unfortunately, the rough finish at the cab kills it for me. If that was addressed, it would be pretty cool.

Sponsored

Rentman1225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forde Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Mav is smaller than the Gladiator. ARE has not much to work with for the window door openings needed by contractors.
Unfortunately, the double doors may not allow for hauling plywood.

Otherwisei like it

LineNoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Do you guys w/ caps have interior pics? Interested to see how much space I'd be working with...

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With the cap that far above the roofline it's going to act like an air damn and there goes any of your fuel savings for buying the truck in the first place.

Liveaboard

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
Do you guys w/ caps have interior pics? Interested to see how much space I'd be working with...
Awkward question. A picture wouldn't do volume justice. Figure a little higher than cab height,full bed length and width.
Sponsored