Sponsored

Anyone seen dealer markup (ADM) on Ford Maverick?

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
The dealer I visited for my Mav test drive is selling at MSRP but not honoring X-Plan, so that's a pass for me lol.
Sponsored

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
The dealer I chose to place my order with is 75 miles away. I had a door rattle issue 5 years back after purchasing my current Transit Connect. The local dealer who sold me the vehicle tried unsuccessfully to fix it a couple times. I spent many hours waiting for it. They ultimately just blew me off with the comment, "Hey - it’s a van." I drove to the other dealer. Their service manager got into the van with me and I started driving around the city. He took off his coat and tie and dismantled the door while we drove, trying to find the source of the problem. That’s service in my book! This is the dealer I placed my MAV order with. If you’re informed and aware it really isn’t hard to figure out which dealers are better. Even over the phone. Unfortunately, people have short memories, and when this market cools down I doubt most will remember who took advantage and who didn’t. They will go back to these same dealerships because of convenience, and unless they’re pretty savvy, will pay for it.

Shovatter

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
I have talked to several dealers looking for stock units, being that the hybrid I ordered in June has not been scheduled yet. Every dealer I spoke to has added at least $3000.00 over MSRP plus several "packages" that "cannot be removed". They all have said that because of the demand and limited number of units available the markups are necessary. I have only found two dealers in North Georgia who are not marking up their Mavericks. Prater Ford in Calhoun, and Shottenkirk Ford in Jasper.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can’t decide if I’m lucky or if I have bad judgement. Lucky because I placed a retail order when I did, or unwise because I put myself into a system that has, largely, failed in it’s intention. That, plus the fact that anyone in their right mind would wait for this insane scenario to end before even getting involved. What mitigates my feelings of self-loathing is that this is the end of my regular 5-year trade-in cycle, my current ride is worth considerably more than I would have imagined 5 years later, my intended mid-size pick-up purchase has been thwarted by the truly mediocre offerings currently available, and Ford has flashed an innovative option in my face, making me realize that, in spite of the difficulties it’s the most suitable choice for me at present.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Everyone says vote with your wallets, but there will always be someone else willing to/needing to pay those markups due to whatever financial/life position they are in and therefore the dealers will keep doing it. If you really want to "vote" and put an end to this, every time you personally see this (not just see it on the internet; it needs to be a credible report), call ford directly and complain. They might care, they might not. But the squeaky wheel always gets the grease and if there is as much of this going on as everyone is claiming, then ford will do something one way or the other. Then if Ford does nothing, then you can vote with your wallet.

Sponsored

VetteNZMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The price for my XL hybrid is locked in with Chapman - when I get this thing! Ordered 7/30.
However, I will also try to buy a sport car for my wife in the next 6 months and fear a blood bath. Inventory on the Toyota 86 or Nissan Z will be rough - both are updated heavily for 2023. Any advice?

Short funny story, was laid off in 2008 but still had decent rental prop cash flow. Had made a deal to buy a 2008 370z for $26K OTD, not too bad at the time given the economy. Was driving to get the car and finalizing the paperwork over the phone, got to the employment part and I said "Just laid off...." phone went dead for about a minute. Worked out ok as they listed employment at Prop Manager in the end.

Shocking to see the prices on these used Zs now - should have kept mine!!

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does Ford care? Interesting question. It’s sure starting to look like they don’t. With thousands like myself still sitting out here waiting for our first official acknowledgement of our purchase it doesn’t FEEL like they care. They can take their own sweet time dealing with production, and if they are successful, regardless of how they’ve treated us, most of us will still buy the product, for reasons that are valid for each of us. If they are truly attempting to initiate some kind of direct-to-consumer system, they might take a bit of a hit. As I have posted - and if I were running the company - Job 1 would be to get some kind of form letter out to those of us who have been lost in the system, simply confirming that our order has been noted, and whenever circumstances permit, we will be notified of further progress with our builds. All this involves is some record-keeping and a broadcast email. There’s no blaming the pandemic on this one. As it stands, the system took our money, our commitment, and our trust, and is now treating us like dirt because they know we need them, and they don’t need us. This is a classic mega-corp attitude. In the end it makes me ashamed of myself because I’m not willing to stand up and take action by canceling my purchase. They have us by the cajones and they know it.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

JVolpe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beater truck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
$7995 ADM markup at Future Ford of Clovis

That's a 30% markup on MSRP! o_O Shame on that dealer.

Ford Maverick Anyone seen dealer markup (ADM) on Ford Maverick? 4ep2jtaxlgs71

Sponsored

TheRodster14

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Not going to lie, I’m a little worried that once my truck comes in, the dealer will magically add this “Market adjustment” to the price tag. I hate we have to though the Dealer, wish it would be more like Tesla and the price on the screen is what you pay. Dealers can be so Shady!!!!
But we have a signed deal at a specific price. They cannot change that deal.

mbert123

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape Titanium, 2018 Explorer Platinum
$7995 ADM markup at Future Ford of Clovis

That's a 30% markup on MSRP! o_O Shame on that dealer.

4ep2jtaxlgs71.jpg
I can't believe they are trying to sell all of these for more than the MSRP for a Lariat.

maningr

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Envoy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems some of the dealers may have gamed the system and had their friends order Mavericks with no intentions to buy?

Ford Maverick Anyone seen dealer markup (ADM) on Ford Maverick? Screenshot_20211217-193630

PD Rich

First Name
Pede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F250, 2010 Taurus Limited
Bring your own vaseline and condoms they are going to hose you young cats. Doubtful anyone is getting a Maverick for suggested retail. Don't ever think a dealership has your best interest. They have in fact over the years done more damage to a brands reputation.
Never an issue with mine. Ordered and delivered at MSRP. Rivertown Ford, Columbus Georgia..

Last edited:

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had my Alto Blue XLT ordered at MSRP. I decided to cancel that order since I found an incoming stock ordered XLT Cactus Grey loaded with the features minus the luxury package. I did call around to other dealers, the highest ADM I was told was 10k and the lowest was 2.5k. One dealer tried telling me to stop looking since I wont find one at MSRP. Jokes on them though :)
Sponsored