Sponsored

Anyone seen dealer markup (ADM) on Ford Maverick?

buckaroo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Johnny, sadly there are enough idiots out here who will pay it. Which in turn hurts all the rest of us.
The manufactures run in fear of the dealerships, they are just happy somebody has the money for a franchise who will to buy their vehicles and service them.

They want no part of that action, GM tried it once, went right down the toilet.
Ford is pushing back somewhat lately, they realize the dealers are crooked and making them look bad.

I went through a merry go round with a top tier manufacture after the dealer put the screws to me. You know what they told me, the dealer told them f u ck you and him both. Never heard from them again.
And I mean they put the screw to me.

mbert123

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape Titanium, 2018 Explorer Platinum
Today (9/29) I called the local dealership (DCH Ford of Thousand Oaks, CA) to inquire about Mavericks I saw online. They informed me they had a “black” one so I headed over to find an Alto Blue 2.0 XLT with co-pilot. It was unlocked so I jumped in to check it out overall pretty nice little truck. Then I looked at the sticker and I apologize the image I got of the full sticker didn’t turn out so if I can re take it tomorrow I will however I saw they added a bunch of junk to include a $5,000 market adjustment and were asking $35,809! They also incorrectly wrote it is a 2021 maverick.

There was a four door Big Bend Bronco for $41K next to it which I’m sure they’ll try selling a lariat at!

Insane, I haven’t ordered one yet as I was late to the party but I will look elsewhere for sure.
Ford Maverick Anyone seen dealer markup (ADM) on Ford Maverick? 82DE6A8B-89B4-43E8-B195-14FF9FB1516D
Ford Maverick Anyone seen dealer markup (ADM) on Ford Maverick? 99A5A9FC-505D-4F94-B9D2-416C9FF5462B
Ford Maverick Anyone seen dealer markup (ADM) on Ford Maverick? 286999D8-92C4-453B-9844-B82124B67618
Ford Maverick Anyone seen dealer markup (ADM) on Ford Maverick? 4C281D51-7D2D-421F-A7CD-86A1EA3D12BF
Ford Maverick Anyone seen dealer markup (ADM) on Ford Maverick? 7A6C0749-30B7-4326-AD20-96A9C10AF3A1

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have a problem with dealers asking the moon for stock units on their lot. I just don't understand why you guys did not negotiate at sticker or slightly lower on a unit that you ordered? Its not like that was a unit they were going to crush someone else on 5 minutes later sitting on their lot? Did you guys not do a full contract? I did a $1000 deposit just to beef up my stake in the game too. I paid $500 under sticker.

Last edited:

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today (9/29) I called the local dealership (DCH Ford of Thousand Oaks, CA) to inquire about Mavericks I saw online. They informed me they had a “black” one so I headed over to find an Alto Blue 2.0 XLT with co-pilot. It was unlocked so I jumped in to check it out overall pretty nice little truck. Then I looked at the sticker and I apologize the image I got of the full sticker didn’t turn out so if I can re take it tomorrow I will however I saw they added a bunch of junk to include a $5,000 market adjustment and were asking $35,809! They also incorrectly wrote it is a 2021 maverick.

There was a four door Big Bend Bronco for $41K next to it which I’m sure they’ll try selling a lariat at!

Insane, I haven’t ordered one yet as I was late to the party but I will look elsewhere for sure.
82DE6A8B-89B4-43E8-B195-14FF9FB1516D.jpeg
99A5A9FC-505D-4F94-B9D2-416C9FF5462B.jpeg
286999D8-92C4-453B-9844-B82124B67618.jpeg
4C281D51-7D2D-421F-A7CD-86A1EA3D12BF.jpeg
7A6C0749-30B7-4326-AD20-96A9C10AF3A1.jpeg
What the hell is “Elo GPS”?

Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn’t ask, I’m assuming it’s some sort of dealer installed overpriced LoJack system
Makes sense.

It’s stuff like this that confirmed my reasoning for placing an order site unseen.

Jlemke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in an area with few dealers. I didn’t want to pay MSRP, but I also realized that just GETTING one of theses vehicles could be a challenge just now. I built my Maverick online and offered the dealer $500 over invoice OTD (over the phone). Salesperson said that they couldn’t do that of course. I told her that with dealer holdback, and the fact the vehicle would only be on the lot long enough for me to come and get it, 500 bucks was a pretty reasonable profit. Then she had to "take the offer to the manager". She was back in less than 2 minutes with acceptance. Yeah, I might have done better - and I might have done worse, but it was an offer that was appealing enough to the dealer that it saved me a lot of time and hassle. In the long run the $500 wasn’t going to break me. Later, when they presented me with the paperwork, I opted out of their high price for TTL, and will do that myself after I pick up the vehicle. A few more bucks saved. This is the first time I ever purchased a vehicle without ever leaving the house!
I'm confused by this, are you saying you built this out online, got your price and then paid more? I went in with my buildout and am guaranteed to only pay that. Less my way overvalued trade in.

Jlemke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not going to lie, I’m a little worried that once my truck comes in, the dealer will magically add this “Market adjustment” to the price tag. I hate we have to though the Dealer, wish it would be more like Tesla and the price on the screen is what you pay. Dealers can be so Shady!!!!
They are working on this. There was an article on how they are trying to have all of their models be able to be purchased directly from the Ford website and just shipped to dealers. It will be a few years out though.

Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm confused by this, are you saying you built this out online, got your price and then paid more? I went in with my buildout and am guaranteed to only pay that. Less my way overvalued trade in.
You misread him. He offered and paid $500 over invoice, not over retail. The build and price tool shows retail price.

Lugnut

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have a problem with dealers asking the moon for stock unit on their lot. I just don't understand why you guys did not negotiate at sticker or slightly lower on a unit that you ordered? Its not like that was a unit they were going to crush someone else on 5 minutes later sitting on their lot? Did you guys not do a full contract? I did a $1000 deposit just to beef up my stake in the game too. I paid $500 under sticker.
This is why I paid in full upfront! No opportunity for shenanigans on the backside!

Rexus99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also live in an area with few dealers. In July I called 2 of them. The largest said it would be spring. The next one I called was glad to order me one, just send him my workup. I also had assumed that I had a better chance at a smaller dealer because they would have less orders but would have an allotment that I would be able to get in. Sure enough I was their first order. July 2nd ordered and it is now shipped. No ADM. Lots of times smaller work harder. I talked to them yesterday about the Ford Pass points and the salesman is going to try to get them applied in advance for some parts I want. Its an EB, XLT, Lux, 360, tow. These larger dealers customers are a dime a dozen.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fortunately no markup on my purchase. MSRP=Selling Price, Title Fee, Documentation Fee, & Taxes, minus $500 cash offer for military appreciation. Signed, financing approved and waiting for delivery.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fortunately no markup on my purchase. MSRP=Selling Price, Title Fee, Documentation Fee, & Taxes, minus $500 cash offer for military appreciation. Signed, financing approved and waiting for delivery.
Still, feels bad even paying MSRP, but the market is what it is. Our current truck we got about $10K off, the other was $9.5K off sticker, Fiat was $5K under sticker. Heck, if I had purchased I think it was right around this time last year maybe a little longer dealers were giving away vehicles. Timing is everything!
Sponsored