Sponsored

Anyone seen dealer markup (ADM) on Ford Maverick?

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I don't have a current Dora on my XL AWD that is scheduled....I've changed it several times.
I'll be asking for that today...
Sponsored

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have no issue with this if it’s a stock order.
Now if they tried pulling this on a retail customer then they should be outed.

There are limited stock orders and dealers need the stock units to sell retail orders. The truck is worth more on the lot than selling.

Now if someone is willing to pay a premium bc they didn’t want to wait a couple of months that’s a decision they’re actively making.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
Whether or not dealers should be allowed to set their own price is a commerce/political issue. If some buyers are willing to pay, it should be their right to buy. As we say in my business (professional artist) "art is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it." Our alarm and safety switch is now the internet. We can weed out price-gouging unethical dealers and refuse to buy from them. After things cool down we can remember the character of those who seemed to be willing to do whatever it takes to make a buck. Those dealers will be doing the same thing when the market cools down. Even then, the kind of deal you want and are able to get is dependent upon YOU. You must be an informed buyer to protect yourself. Again, the internet makes that easier than ever before. If you care, use forums like this to blow the whistle on dealers who behave badly.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And or add 5k for “Market Adjustment” and force you to walk out on the deal. I can almost see this happening. Dealers won’t give you cash come on you know that.
They can only do this on cars they hold in stock. They cant if you have your printout of the sales order with the price already stated. And they can also be reported to Ford as well for this behavior. But they can do this to vehicles in their inventory. Because technically its theirs to do as they please.
after the 2020 covid disaster dealers don't hold inventory unless they know it will sell.

Sponsored

Rexus99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have yet to see an ADM on the Maverick. My dealership noted that they won't be doing anymore ADMs going forward because someone put out a list of dealerships who did ADMs vs. those selling MSRP vs. those selling below invoice on the Broncos in the area and that they lost some sales because of it. I think this is why they went hard on 'we won't sell higher than MSRP on the Maverick, and will do everything we can to save you as much as we can off of that' which is a 180 on the Bronco ADM approach.
Where is the list? I want to slap my dealer around with it if they try to charge ADM on my Maverick.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury

V2WIN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford is trying to change the car buying process. They want realistic msrp & only orders. If our first experience with their new process is a dealer ripoff the whole idea goes in the dumpster. I think dealer allotments should be whatever they can get. Orders should be msrp . Many Harley dealers are still hated for this be
We have one dealer with a 5k add on, but the rest have incoming Mavericks listed at msrp. They have 4 Bronco sports each on the lot at msrp. This is making me feel better. That dealer adding 5k will probably have it for a long time 8)

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No. It's a free market. Retailers can charge whatever they want. Our choice as consumers is to just say no. HOWEVER, trying to change the deal and add an ADM after the fact like some dealers are doing to people who ordered Broncos, THAT should be illegal.
That is why I communicate with my dealer via email. It is enforceabl.

Sponsored

BigDinTX

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot (ex wife's, not my choice)

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name