Sponsored

Anyone reconsidering their order / purchase?

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I spec’d out a comparable Ranger Lariat with the options on my 2.0 AWD/FX4 and it’s +$10K more than the Maverick. Not even close.
Show me a Ranger getting 40 mpg, loaded up like Cactus Gray Lux Lariat and under 35K and then I might give it some thought. (Nope) Otherwise I'm sticking with the Maverick.
I think I didn’t explain myself clearly enough. To me, maverick is not a $40k vehicle. At that point, you’re building out of class.
Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
You can’t order a two door with a soft top. So yeah, hard top. Like 80,000 others
At least it’s getting a new roof

Reactions: Mav

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where in SC? Other advantages besides doc fee? MSRP or Invoice or...?
I'm in Atlanta but work in Greenville all the time and my parents live in HHI.
Thanks!
Do not go to Herlong in Eedgefield, they want 4% over and a 1k$ deposit.

Leggo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Hybrid, 1988 Mitsubishi Starion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To be honest, yes I have re-considered my order. It has nothing to do with the wait time, with the state of the world, I expected a wait. For myself, I have 2 kids and a service dog that will need to be in the back seat a lot of the time. Losing the cargo space, really for my pup, is a concern for me.
But I really can't find another vehicle that offers the fuel mileage and general utility in all other aspects of my life, so my logic is that my kids will be a little uncomfortable on trips, but they will get over it.
In the future, if a cap is available (at a reasonable price) I might go that route to help open up space in the back seat. But ultimately I know I will be comfortable in the front seat :cool:

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm considering (likely) cancelling my order with the dealership here in Atlanta and taking advantage of one of the offers here on the forum from another city.

I placed my order June 28th. July 1st I emailed the dealer wanting to make a few changes and he said he'd get on it.

Hadn't heard anything from Ford, so I emailed the dealer this week to see what he was hearing and to ask about pricing (doc fee, etc.). I told him about the other offers available.

He came back at MSRP + 899 doc fee and OH BY THE WAY they had never updated my order on July 1, would I just prefer to add those items with aftermarket parts?

I'm a bit steamed. I wasn't in a particular hurry to get the truck, but I ordered early so I wouldn't be in the back of the line either. Best I can tell, MSRP + $899 doc fee is about $2500 more than I'd pay at Invoice - 4% + $394 doc.
I'd be pissed! I made changes a month after ordering and the dealer sent me the spec sheet and order confirmation with the updates immediately. You need to get a better salesman!

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I've thought about it a lot. I do not need this vehicle at all. Had planned to just have one vehicle period. The ONLY thing that made me order is the Hybrid engine.

I'm still contemplating cancelling as late as 4 AM this morning. Laying there wondering why I'm even doing this. No decision yet.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be honest, yes I have re-considered my order. It has nothing to do with the wait time, with the state of the world, I expected a wait. For myself, I have 2 kids and a service dog that will need to be in the back seat a lot of the time. Losing the cargo space, really for my pup, is a concern for me.
But I really can't find another vehicle that offers the fuel mileage and general utility in all other aspects of my life, so my logic is that my kids will be a little uncomfortable on trips, but they will get over it.
In the future, if a cap is available (at a reasonable price) I might go that route to help open up space in the back seat. But ultimately I know I will be comfortable in the front seat :cool:
the maverick is perfect for my chair and a liftgator to put it in. I am with you.

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not a chance. I've been waiting for a decent small truck since I sold my '87 Isuzu P'up!

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a chance. I've been waiting for a decent small truck since I sold my '87 Isuzu P'up!
My cousin is still driving my grandfathers LUV (diesel obv)

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am considering upgrading my XL to a Lariat. It is 10k upgrade on a 20k truck. Just waiting on God to give me a sign.

Sponsored

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd love one of those little pickups like the P'up. I work and play hard out of truck, old pickups are the best.

GApeach

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where in SC? Other advantages besides doc fee? MSRP or Invoice or...?
I'm in Atlanta but work in Greenville all the time and my parents live in HHI.
Thanks!
I’m in Atl metro and ordered thru Tom at Chapman and am using Mall of Ga Ford as the CD at $250. Contact Andrew Mullenix for the cd setup.

markvzmiller

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 228i, 2016 Toyota Prius
No chance! I have been dreaming about a truck like this for years. The Maverick XLT hybrid is perfect for my needs, the pricing is excellent, and it looks great! For those concerned about interior space, I have a seen quite a few large folks seated happily behind the wheel, including the 6' 5" Ford Rep.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I've thought about it a lot. I do not need this vehicle at all. Had planned to just have one vehicle period. The ONLY thing that made me order is the Hybrid engine.

I'm still contemplating cancelling as late as 4 AM this morning. Laying there wondering why I'm even doing this. No decision yet.
No scheduling this week has me on the fence

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After sitting in a bronco sport and feeling how narrow it was I might have to go with an escape as a fam car where my knees fit inside comfortably
How tall are you... and not to get too personal... are you overall, a LARGE guy?
Sponsored