Sponsored

Anyone ordered from Granger got Build email - (3000 off msrp offers only) ?

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well the reason we got aggressive was to earn more allocations. I'd guess 80-90%+ of our orders will be fulfilled. I'm guessing any orders not fulfilled will be because the commodity runs out (i.e. too many lariat orders, etc.)

We'll find out how close Ford's estimate is to reality nationwide.
So what your saying by commodity is too many builds needing more microchips than can be made/delivered for lux or copilot 360 etc?
Sponsored

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So what your saying by commodity is too many builds needing more microchips than can be made/delivered for lux or copilot 360 etc?
Yeah, say Ford has capacity to build 50,000 orders and 5,000 of those being AWD Lariat, but they have 8,000 orders. 3,000 of those will be pushed to 2023. I have 0 inside information, just a hypothetical situation.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Worst case is probably an order getting pushed to 2023 and Ford offering some sort of discount/incentive due to that. On top of the $3k off MSRP that could make some of these trucks a real bargain for people who can afford to wait.

Sponsored

Grozk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz, Cayman, Mroadster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Something I’m trying to wrap my head around is that there are approximately 6000 ford dealers in the US (not including Canada). Looking at the stated production capacity, and assuming (just for argument) that each dealer gets one Maverick per month that equals 72,000 vehicles (for a full year). I have no idea of the proportion of dealers that are “large volume”, but if it is 10% of the total dealerships, then that would suggest a shortfall somewhere. Again, the only semi-quantifiable values (for this musing) are the # of dealers and stated Maverick production capacity (The latter somewhat suspect).

if would seem that even the smallest dealership would get at least one truck per month, so it would follow that there would be even less excess for the large volume shops.

This is not to sew seeds of discontent but just food for thought. I have no insight (and this topic may have been asked and answered in another thread.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Something I’m trying to wrap my head around is that there are approximately 6000 ford dealers in the US (not including Canada). Looking at the stated production capacity, and assuming (just for argument) that each dealer gets one Maverick per month that equals 72,000 vehicles (for a full year). I have no idea of the proportion of dealers that are “large volume”, but if it is 10% of the total dealerships, then that would suggest a shortfall somewhere. Again, the only semi-quantifiable values (for this musing) are the # of dealers and stated Maverick production capacity (The latter somewhat suspect).

if would seem that even the smallest dealership would get at least one truck per month, so it would follow that there would be even less excess for the large volume shops.

This is not to sew seeds of discontent but just food for thought. I have no insight (and this topic may have been asked and answered in another thread.
Dont include mexico either. They are selling them there as well

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford CEO: We want to go to a customer based order system of business.

Ford corporate: Not only is the outdated allocation system going to remain in place, we will just say certain dealers took more orders than they knew would get filled. Not our problem!

Ford CEO: Dealers that chargers over msrp will lose Allocation.

Ford corporate: Send the most vehicles to the dealers that charge over msrp, and starve the smaller fair dealers.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford CEO: We want to go to a customer based order system of business.

Ford corporate: Not only is the outdated allocation system going to remain in place, we will just say certain dealers took more orders than they knew would get filled. Not our problem!

Ford CEO: Dealers that chargers over msrp will lose Allocation.

Ford corporate: Send the most vehicles to the dealers that charge over msrp, and starve the smaller fair dealers.
Sure seems like it

Goosey

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well the reason we got aggressive was to earn more allocations. I'd guess 80-90%+ of our orders will be fulfilled. I'm guessing any orders not fulfilled will be because the commodity runs out (i.e. too many lariat orders, etc.)

Is this 80-90% orders for MY22 and then the rest MY23. Or just orders in general and some won’t get fulfilled In general?

Sponsored

Grozk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz, Cayman, Mroadster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I need to make a correction: additional research revealed that my original US Ford dealer count was off-by 3000! Several later searches put the number at 3000. That changes things a bit. Maybe more hope than I originally thought.

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, say Ford has capacity to build 50,000 orders and 5,000 of those being AWD Lariat, but they have 8,000 orders. 3,000 of those will be pushed to 2023. I have 0 inside information, just a hypothetical situation.
If ford would have equipped the XL with power mirrors, and allowed the sliding rear window WITHOUT requiring the 360…they would be in better shape for production with all these market forces. beancounter greed.

ILykTrux

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really don't care when mine actually gets built, I just want the scheduled for production email. Then take until December for all I care.

MaveLick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM REBEL (Soon to be Maverick)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I like this. You had made it very clear about the deal before people signed up for it. As long as the new car market will still be in this situation, I can wait for 2023 or 2024 or even 2025 model for $3000 off with price protection. I can still buy a Maverick at whatever asking price if I want it now or I could walk away and lose $100 deposit. It is a fair game. I thank you for making this deal possible.
Sponsored

Last edited: