Sponsored

Anyone ordered from Granger got Build email - (3000 off msrp offers only) ?

kkgg

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone ordered from Granger got Build email - (3000 off msrp offers only) ?
Sponsored

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope, but mine is simple, XLT AWD with CP360 in Carbonized Gray. Here is hoping it gets scheduled soon.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No build emails other than the invoice and the order confirmation. We ordered XLT, FX4, 4K, spray-in liner, VB, splash guards, A/T tire upgrade with alloy wheels.

On one hand we cant wait for it and are limping along with 2 early 90s jeeps, and even resurrecting a 80 eagle just to have a buffer car. On the other hand we only have the down payment saved and not the money to actually get it here from Iowa.

So not a huge rush but anxious.

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ive already called them 8 times today and they blocked my number :LOL: :ROFLMAO: But seriously they told us 8-10 months so gonna assume that holds true, I'm hearing about XL ecoboosts with zero options that are gonna be parked for months waiting on chips... so Id rather Ford just wait until they have all the parts anyway.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Other than order confirmation Nothing yet. Simple build silver XLT AWD, $100 trailer hitch, full size spare and power inverter

Sponsored

Slavko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Only confirmation for me.
Build in signature.

LookingForAMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 VB 2.0 Maverick XLT/4K/Lux/CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At the end of this deal, Zach said they had 361 orders without VINs and of those 250-300 were from the $3000 off offer. That means there were at least 61 orders before any of these. Although I'm hoping its earlier, I expect that the first of builds from the offer will get scheduled for builds in May or June. I think that would line up with the earliest time frame that we were given when the offer started.

I would like to hear some updates from @Granger Ford about how things look.

Sivart

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Confirmed 12/28 XLT EB AWD trailer hitch is all that's extra.

jschal

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see this forum is for $3000 off orders only, but I feel like throwing my order out there could give a small idea to when you all might start seeing allocations.

Ordered back in late October. Almost took advantage of the $3000 off, but decided to keep my place in line and stick with the 3% below invoice. Emailed them about two weeks ago asking where I sit "in line" and was told I'm number 50 waiting on a VIN. That includes both hybird and EB. Mine is a basic AWD XLT with only a hitch added. Hopefully the wait wont be too much longer.

Last edited:

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At the end of this deal, Zach said they had 361 orders without VINs and of those 250-300 were from the $3000 off offer. That means there were at least 61 orders before any of these. Although I'm hoping its earlier, I expect that the first of builds from the offer will get scheduled for builds in May or June. I think that would line up with the earliest time frame that we were given when the offer started.

We need to have a game to see who can guess how many of the 361 get 2022 VINs. My blind guess would be 187 of the 361. I think I heard if you arent scheduled before the order bank opens in august you will be converted to a 23 or opt to get your deposit back and bounce.

Sponsored

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm good with a 2023 delivered in September/October, 8-10months per the offer. IIRC Oct 24th was the production start date for the 2023 MY...with production stopped about Oct 1st for 2022?

That sounds to me that any September/October delivery will still be a 2022 built in August/September. 2023 deliveries starting up in November. I'll post that post link if I find it again.

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
edit, just more speculative posting:
It’s unlikely there are any significant product changes for the second year, given Maverick‘s popularity in its current form, so it‘s possible the model year changeover shutdown would be no more than 1-2 weeks.

22 MY production could stretch into the second week of October.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I contacted ford customer service yesterday and was told the reason for the 2022 cutoff in Nov for hybrids and jan 27th for EcoBoost was because ford knows how many they can build for 2022 so they shut it down at those numbers to be sure ford can build all of them as 2022s

What they said was barring chip issues ALL the 2022s will get built as 2022s. They also said the production start up was a bit slow with issues getting computing parts for the hybrids, issues with lux parts, but that the assembly line is ramping up production now.

They also mentioned the less complicated builds with less microchips would more likely be built quicker than loaded trucks with lux packages and copilot 360 because of the additional computing parts. Being mine is an XLT AWD with a regular tow hitch, a full size spare, and an in cab power inverter, it will be an easier build than something with lux packages and copilot 360.

The allocations system that was in place before the maverick doesnt apply. What I am saying is this. Since ford turned off the ordering system because they reached the amount of trucks they can build in 1 years time they can build them all. So hypothetically If lets say a dealer is allotted 200 allocations per year, but then they get 400 clean customer orders its still within the amount of trucks ford is able to build for that model year. They will all be built and delivered regardless of the 200 allocations that dealer normally is supposed to get.

Ford is NOT going to send 200 orders to that dealer, and tell the remaining 200 customers tough shit no 2022 maverick for you, you picked wrongly. If Ford did that, it would be a public relations nightmare for them. Plus these extra 200 vehicles are still part of the total number ford is able to build for 2022. Money is still money. They will build them for those customers. Remember bad news travels at light speed these days with the world wide web.

Remember this is supposed to be an inexpensive entry level pickup to get young first time new car buyers into a ford, and hopefully as they get older and more affluent they might step up to a different ford product and stay with fords. That's not the case with me. I buy what I like and what fits my needs weather it's a GM, Ford, or Chrysler. Maverick fits my current needs as an AWD 4 door 5 passenger commuter with an extra large trunk that happens to look like a truck. This is what I regard it as.

As far as Grangers $3000 off MSRP orders are concerned, I have no doubt that will eventually pick up and all get built as 2022s. Ford has quite a few ahead of grangers ordering blitz in december thru january. My guess is likely the Granger $3K off deal orders will start being built around june - august.

The 2022 model year production does not end until october, with likely a 1-2 week shutdown at the factory for changeover for 2023 model year. Due to this models popularity I doubt there will be any changes to this vehicle for 2023 save for maybe a few different exterior paint colors, and more availability of hybrids for people who want them.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I have been saving for a replacement vehicle for awhile before I found the maverick. If mine ends up as a june/july build, I will likely just pay cash for it by then, or finance the minimum ford requires.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No build emails other than the invoice and the order confirmation. We ordered XLT, FX4, 4K, spray-in liner, VB, splash guards, A/T tire upgrade with alloy wheels.

On one hand we cant wait for it and are limping along with 2 early 90s jeeps, and even resurrecting a 80 eagle just to have a buffer car. On the other hand we only have the down payment saved and not the money to actually get it here from Iowa.

So not a huge rush but anxious.
Book a cheap flight on Southwest Airlines go get it and drive it home yourself
Sponsored