Sponsored

For those who did the $3000 off from Granger offer - What did you order?

What Did You Get?

• Total voters

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe @Granger Ford could come up with a price if there is enough interest to add the cruise control buttons before we pick up the trucks from them. I'm interested and don't really wanna take out the air bag and mess with forscan myself. Not really sure that Ford would let Granger change programming to add it though. Worth a shot.
Your not changing any programming. It's all in there, it just needs to be turned on.
Sponsored

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm sure any mechanic would add the buttons for you. Shouldn't taken them more than 20 minutes.

No one is going to turn the switches on, however. That's a DIY. It's literally turning on 3 "digital" switches.

AnnieWaits

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Am I missing something, here? The writeup I read indicated that you needed a steering wheel from an uplevel Maverick or Escape to swap out in order to add factory cruise, then you could enable factory cruise using ForScan.

I'd rather have the factory look but, IMO, having to pull the steering wheel and swap out the airbag is more invasive than splicing a couple of wires, but to each his own.

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Am I missing something, here? The writeup I read indicated that you needed a steering wheel from an uplevel Maverick or Escape to swap out in order to add factory cruise, then you could enable factory cruise using ForScan.

I'd rather have the factory look but, IMO, having to pull the steering wheel and swap out the airbag is more invasive than splicing a couple of wires, but to each his own.
Splicing wires, including taping into the pedals, drilling a hole in your stearing wheel column trim (both irreversible) and then adding an extra stick that relies on a third party's programming and microcontroller to regulate the speed on a 2 ton vehicle.

Vs.

Install two factory buttons IN YOUR EXISTING steering wheel and turn on factory programming that has already been through rigorous safety testing. And is all completely reversible without any sign it was ever done.

Agreed. To each their own.

BTW: If you can change a tire, you can remove an airbag.

Last edited:

AnnieWaits

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Install two factory buttons IN YOUR EXISTING steering wheel...
I wasn't aware you could order just the buttons and add them to the Maverick wheel until I checked again just now. I think the first time someone here discovered that "factory" XL cruise could be added, they swapped the entire wheel out.
Sponsored