L_Ron_Hoover

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat; hybrid; luxury, locked vault up front
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a call from my dealership last week saying that I was given an estimated build date by Ford of 4/4/22. I called Ford Marketing the next day to confirm and, sure enough, 4/4 build date. I asked the rep to read me the email address they had on file for me and it was correct. I told her that Ford didn't email me and she said "that's strange." I also never got an email confirmation of my order, incidentally. I want people to know that this happened to me so that they are checking with their dealer, too. Or, better yet, call Ford Marketing. If my dealer hadn't let me know I would be sitting here in the dark like I have been since July 12th. Anyhow, the dealer didn't have my VIN but the Ford Marketing rep had it for me. Happy beyond belief to have a build date but my frustration with how Ford has made no effort to give status updates to pending order customers is as intense as ever. Entirely head scratching. How hard is it to send a customer, who spent five figures, an email occasionally? I'm pretty sure that emails are free. And automated. So the only conclusion I can come to is that Ford is indifferent about their customer's experience. Lazy at the very least.
Sponsored

Bruno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota, Mercedes, Tesla
I got a call from my dealership last week saying that I was given an estimated build date by Ford of 4/4/22. I called Ford Marketing the next day to confirm and, sure enough, 4/4 build date. I asked the rep to read me the email address they had on file for me and it was correct. I told her that Ford didn't email me and she said "that's strange." I also never got an email confirmation of my order, incidentally. I want people to know that this happened to me so that they are checking with their dealer, too. Or, better yet, call Ford Marketing. If my dealer hadn't let me know I would be sitting here in the dark like I have been since July 12th. Anyhow, the dealer didn't have my VIN but the Ford Marketing rep had it for me. Happy beyond belief to have a build date but my frustration with how Ford has made no effort to give status updates to pending order customers is as intense as ever. Entirely head scratching. How hard is it to send a customer, who spent five figures, an email occasionally? I'm pretty sure that emails are free. And automated. So the only conclusion I can come to is that Ford is indifferent about their customer's experience. Lazy at the very least.
My dealer forwarded me the same build week email. My truck is not built and scheduled delivery is 3/11. I have never received an email directly from Ford. Based on what I'm reading, Its not that strange at all. Some get them, some don't.

Bruno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota, Mercedes, Tesla
My dealer forwarded me the same build week email. My truck is built and scheduled delivery is 3/11. I have never received an email directly from Ford. Based on what I'm reading, Its not that strange at all. Some get them, some don't.
My build week was 2/21 and my truck was built on the 14th!

Last edited:

Detroit~made

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same thing over here, never got email 1 from FOMOCO and had previously complained about it. I called Marketing last week since it was obvious there was a communication breakdown and to my surprise was given a VIN and advised to contact my dealer for further information. Got ahold of my salesman and had him check the vehicle visibility page and was told my truck was scheduled for the week of 4/11/22. Ask questions and good luck!

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you didn't get an email from Ford I wouldn't bank on it🤔

Sponsored

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Scuttlebutt is that 40% of those with valid, approved orders never receive any e-mail.

Personally look askance at the figure being that high but there is no question whatsoever it is greater than zero. I have never received any e-mails from Ford after acknowledgment of the initial reservation, my dealer may as well be whispering on the far side of Neptune for all I've ever heard from them, and the Ford tracker now shows my vehicle as Built. Every further communication I've had with Ford has been via the 800 number (that's through where I first confirmed that all the ducks were in a row regarding my order and also where much later on received notice of a VIN).

And yes, according to the person on the other end of the phone, my e-mail address in their system is present and correct.

M-C Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here, I’ve never gotten an email from Ford. I submitted my order to the dealership, later contacted Ford Marketing and confirmed that the order was in their system, never got an email with a VIN and never got an email with a build date, but got a call from the dealer with the VIN and build date and confirmed the VIN on the order tracker. Seems like the email notifications would be the easiest part of the process in this day and age.
Sponsored