Sponsored

Anyone having issues with front CV axles?

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Literally the same thing just happened to me. At 32.5K miles on my Hybrid, I needed both front axles replaced. Thankfully covered under warranty. They said replaced with better parts.
Better parts yeah suuuure.
Show me the part numbers Mr. Dealer.

Any way to get a class action or recall started on this?
Sponsored

23grayXLT84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 hybrid xlt base.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Better parts yeah suuuure.
Show me the part numbers Mr. Dealer.

Any way to get a class action or recall started on this?
I know on forums you hear the majority (of issues), but there is no way some alarms are going off at Ford. Given this is covered for 5/60k, its a lot of $ warranty work considering most are reporting issues well before that.

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2023 hybrid owner. Would anyone be kind enough to describe in detail what the "shimmy" is like?
thanks...

Mikk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2023 hybrid owner. Would anyone be kind enough to describe in detail what the "shimmy" is like?
thanks...
I own a 2022 hybid. In the past few months I have noticed a shimmy in the front end when applying power, mostly in the 60-80 km/h (35-50mph) range. It is not there at high, divided highway speeds. It got really bad this past week, after a long highway drive. Any time I applied power there was a noticable shimmy, I would say at wheel speed, in the front end. I could not feel it through the steering wheel, but rather through the floor/structure. Taking my foot off the gas and reapplying it once or twice seemed to lessen it, but not always. I took it to the dealership this week, they comfirmed the issue and replaced both front halfshafts under warranty. Apparently the outer CV joints were worn and had play. 53K km (about 32K mi) on it, all highway driving, not abused. I agree with other's assessments that the high off-the-line torque of the electric drive may warrant heavier-duty halfshafts on hybrids. I still love the Maverick and think Ford pretty much nailed it, although recent price increases and de-contenting don't make it the bargain it once was. Some teething pains are to be expected on a new model.

Last edited:

Sponsored

shadow76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stopped by the dealer the truck was purchased from and noticed several ā€˜24 Maverick EB on the lot. All looked a bit different regarding height compared to the hybrid parked nearby. Talked to a sales woman and she said the trucks had been lifted 2ā€ by the service department. Went to the parts/service departments to ask about upgraded CV axles but as this was on Sat near closing, the knowledgeable folks were off. Did manage to snag a couple of tasty danish though in the waiting room.

Next time in the area, Iā€™ll stop and ask about upgraded CV
axles and whether these parts are on the ā€˜24 models.

Bwicka

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick tremor/2023 maverick hybrid lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Tremor axles are larger in diameter on the shaft .
Casts seem to be all close to same , about 110-130 average and wait time for the 2 different ones I ordered in last couple months was only 4 days each.
Takes about 45 minutes to change drivers side add 10 minutes for passenger side for extra support and bottom cover removal .all hand tools and a jack in your driveway maybe add 15 minutes more.
Seating axles properly at inboard side of transmission splines seems to be an issue .
Hybrid transmission and electric motor keep them at peak torque and horsepower use for the entire drive period .
Really small balls in the hybrid joints .
im about to have a set of tremors extended 3 1/2ā€ inches to widen my tremor . So far Iā€™ve added 2 degrees average constant running angle to mine with the flat out struts and no problem .
And I donā€™t drive nice with the 255/75/17 big muds .
I may buy a tremor axle to take apart and compare .

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, eco-boost tap out Flatout tric
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 2022 XL 2.0 with what appears to be a bad inner CV axle on the driverā€™s side. It has less than 5k miles on it. I put a Rough Country 2ā€ leveling kit/lift on it with about 2-3k miles. The passenger side is fine. I did find some grease coming out of the bottom of the boot. Itā€™s making a clunking noise when you rock of back and forth at low speed. It also shakes a little when I accelerate from about 10-25mph. Alignment was done a few days after the lift was installed.

I took it to the dealer and advised them of my suspicions. They stated that it was most likely the issue, but they wouldnā€™t cover anything as the lift voided the warranty.

Iā€™ve seen a few things online where people are having the same issue without the lift, so I wanted to see if this is more widespread.
2022, Maverick 2.0 same issues, front and rear CV boots failure theyā€™re crappy plastic trying to find a good silicone replacement. The dealer wouldnā€™t touch my truck because I did some Suspension modifications and so on and so forth Iā€™d rather not have Ford work on my truck anyways, Iā€™m a truck builder from way back and this thing is pretty lightweight. OK, but it needs some love and I hope to put it in perspective and find the right silicone boots to replace them myself and move on.

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, eco-boost tap out Flatout tric
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tremor axles are larger in diameter on the shaft .
Casts seem to be all close to same , about 110-130 average and wait time for the 2 different ones I ordered in last couple months was only 4 days each.
Takes about 45 minutes to change drivers side add 10 minutes for passenger side for extra support and bottom cover removal .all hand tools and a jack in your driveway maybe add 15 minutes more.
Seating axles properly at inboard side of transmission splines seems to be an issue .
Hybrid transmission and electric motor keep them at peak torque and horsepower use for the entire drive period .
Really small balls in the hybrid joints .
im about to have a set of tremors extended 3 1/2ā€ inches to widen my tremor . So far Iā€™ve added 2 degrees average constant running angle to mine with the flat out struts and no problem .
And I donā€™t drive nice with the 255/75/17 big muds .
I may buy a tremor axle to take apart and compare .
Cool itā€™s about time I got together with somebody that knows what theyā€™re talking about. Anyways, Iā€™ve got Flatout Suspension on my truck. Also set up as a rally vehicle and Iā€™m having those issues with my boots. Failing dealer doesnā€™t want to touch it thatā€™s fine Iā€™d rather not so Iā€™m looking to upgrade axles also it seems like you have some information I havenā€™t found yet About the tremor axles will work on the 2 L
The $300 was for the entire axle. This one for reference. Part number nz6z3b437a
so was that for the trimmer axle the bigger one or was that the stock replacement axle? They make an eight bearing one aftermarket that seems heavy duty Iā€™m gonna be putting silicone boots all the way around myself to save the hassle in the first place forward wouldnā€™t help as you know.
Sponsored