First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These are are all things I see on most cars I review from American brands. This is status quo, especially for a vehicle originally designed to sell at $20k. We get what we pay for.
No one has mentioned at this point the discovered rust in the undercarriage. The areas that have no paint on the body if I remember correctly when someone was removing the rear tail light there was no paint. No one has brought up the bubbling or chipped paint on the exterior. The poorly fitted windshield. The rattle inside the cab from the area near the windshield. The removal of grill flaps and holes in the plate under the engine as a "fix" for potential fires. The time it's taken for Ford to address the battery issues. The braking issues on the Hybrid. Bad solder joints. Bare metal in many places underneath the vehicle. Different length cables for the rear tailgate. Just a few I can think of.
None of the issues I mentioned should add any cost other then the rework cost for not doing it right the first time. IMHO.
Sponsored

2022 pushed behind 2023's

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I forgot to look for problems with my Ranger or I may have sold it the same year I bought it.
Your 2000 ranger was a decent built truck, so, since you never bother to note, I did it for you.

This truck is a farce compared to the 2000 ranger.

Its nice to go thru life unaware of things, I guess?

After I broke 19+ bones at 38 and barely living I knew I was blessed from having seen and been aware of so much in life, cause I lived life.

I'd rather have lived 38 years and been aware than to live 99 and never have figured it out.

I'd say sorry if I hurt your feelings, but, thats just jerk saying.
OPs truck is missing the insulation pieces between the door and engine bay. My XLT has them on both sides.

Search here..

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/no-insulation-at-fender-to-engine.11244/

Post #42 in link above for part numbers.. many good pics in that link...

Mine was missing this as well...its compounded by mine missing the front inner fender wells also. Here I thought Ford just never planned on them being there, guess some just got them, others didn't?

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The level of expectations some of you folks have of your entry level Ford Maverick pickups never ceases to amaze me. I didn't buy my Maverick and expect it to have the component fit and finish of the Lamborghini Urus. If you want the same disappointment you are knit picking your Maverick about buy a Mercedes vehicle for a small fortune. I paid four times the price of my Maverick for a 2011 Mercedes SL55 AMG and got rid of it after 3 years with under 50,000 miles. I knew I couldn't afford to keep it on the road after the warranty expired. Same with my Mercedes GL550.
On the other hand I sold my 2000 Ford Ranger 4X4 XLT with 140,000 miles on it and upgraded to my Maverick with similar equipment. You know; I forgot to look for problems with my Ranger or I may have sold it the same year I bought it.
I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, but I have a few defects myself like being honest with and forgiving of people.
Enjoy your Mavericks folks !
Here are the defects on mine:

1. Rattling windshield or dashboard since April. Over a dozen visits to two dealers. No fix. Last dealer came back as "couldn't repro".
2. Squeaking brakes.
3. Auto start stop didn't work. They reset the system and it works now.
4. The dash screen doesn't start.
5. Steering wheel vibration.

So...I'm not expecting a Lamborghini. I'm not even expecting a Mercedes. I'm expecting what I paid for to work without defects.

I'm legitimately tired of people supporting Ford's poor build quality here.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford markets it as a city truck.

As a truck for people who might otherwise drive a Civic and never thought they were truck people. People who could use a truck for light duty tasks like DIY trips to a home improvement or landscaping store.

Ford does not market actively to “truck people” who might otherwise buy an F-150, etc. Maverick exists to expand truck sales, not cannibalize them. For one, they’d rather sell you the much more profitable truck. For another, they don’t need to. The truck sells itself to them.
Maybe it's just my area, but I don't see Ford "marketing" the Maverick AT ALL... No TV ads, no billboards, no magazine ads, nothing... Why bother, when the entire production for the year is already sold out, and every dealer has a lengthy waiting list of folks to call "in case someone cancels their order." (Heck, one dealership here has three Mavericks on their lot that are truly 'used' vehicles with 5K to 15K miles, all listed for $10K over MSRP for a new Maverick comparably equipped.)

Sponsored

BruisedLee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had to replace a windshield last week because of a stress crack. I guess the body flexes enough to crack the windshield. No rocks hit it and you can't even feel the crack outside or inside the cab.

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I knew I was buying a $20k truck before I ordered - hence the XL trim. Considering the long and distinguished history of automotive quality from our southern neighbor and the price point of which it was designed for - I believe the quality is actually quite impressive.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe it's just my area, but I don't see Ford "marketing" the Maverick AT ALL... No TV ads, no billboards, no magazine ads, nothing... Why bother, when the entire production for the year is already sold out, and every dealer has a lengthy waiting list of folks to call "in case someone cancels their order." (Heck, one dealership here has three Mavericks on their lot that are truly 'used' vehicles with 5K to 15K miles, all listed for $10K over MSRP for a new Maverick comparably equipped.)
There's more to marketing than television commercials and billboards, as well as other forms of purchased advertising space.

This very page is a product of Ford Marketing: https://www.ford.com/trucks/maverick/2022/

Ford Maverick Anyone else unimpressed by the build quality? Some examples inside 1669657750084

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Motorbiscuit is Fords unofficial marketing department with multiple meatless click bait articles per week. :ROFLMAO:

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But if you're gonna live with a pig, isn't it better that it's wearing lipstick? (Asking for a friend...)
Depends on how close you are to the pig.

Sponsored

xncrman

I bought the truck for what it is and promoted to be. It is a truck that was priced half of my F150 near $70K priced out. I did not expect it to be equal in manufacturing. It does exactly what I read it to be. And fits my life style choice for a truck. Are there different items such as the fender noise fillers yes but as described they were items that would be install on Lariat that would not be installed on XL and XLT without luxury packages too. My best advice to anyone that is thinking of future purchase is to read carefully the Maverick specs and addons and upgrades along with forum post. If you expect more then order a full size truck. Remember there is no other truck on the market that gets 40-50 MPG for under $30K. You can buy a base XL Hybrid still for under $25K.

Sgthell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL AWD Maverick, 2022 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Liking my 2022 XL AWD Mav so far. Outside of a rattle in the dash near the display, I have no real complaints at 2K miles. It handles well and zips right along.

Burdy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01' Excursion 7.3, 82' CJ-8, 01' ACTY, 23' MAV HYB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As someone who has a 23' on order that starts production Dec 19, this is a bit concerning. I did order the base XL hybrid with only a trailer hitch and power inverter add on. I am not expecting a $40k truck, but now I am wondering if I should expect a $22k truck.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am constantly amazed at the number of people that have no intention on buying something but continue to post about said product.

I thought the first model year the Eco was the safer bet and that has been proven correct. Seems that there is a little saltiness about the higher trims, but in actuality it's not just lipstick but many things that are improved when you move up in trim. Is it worth the trade off? Depends on your own situation and what you want/need it for.

I am over 13k miles in mine and love it.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As someone who has a 23' on order that starts production Dec 19, this is a bit concerning. I did order the base XL hybrid with only a trailer hitch and power inverter add on. I am not expecting a $40k truck, but now I am wondering if I should expect a $22k truck.
As far as what you should expect from a $22K truck... Go ahead and do a detailed comparison with ALL of the other trucks available new for $22K. I'll wait for your findings...

And for those of you who keep saying that at $XX price point, the value isn't there, I'd posit the same argument: Show me another new truck on the market that gets 40 mpg at even a $35K price point. I'll wait for your findings as well. (I'm getting pretty good at waiting, since I have a Maverick on order...)

I don't need or want a large truck, but I can definitely use a small, fuel efficient truck. I'm not a dyed-in-the-wool Ford fan (my last 3 trucks were Chevrolets). If any of the other automakers had anything remotely comparable (small truck that gets decent fuel mileage), I'd be interested. (The Santa Cruz fits the small part, but not the "fuel efficient" part. Styling is a whole 'nuther discussion...)
Sponsored