Sponsored

Anyone else keep bouncing back and forth on what trim to get? I thought I had it figured out!

ldanielsjr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer XLT / 2018 Ford Expedition Ltd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My quest for a Maverick started as a third vehicle, driving to the dump and to the beach on the weekends. Over the past year, that has morphed into being a second vehicle for the future, so I have changed my mind on model options. I had originally planned an XL with moonroof, hitch and 360. I felt it would be the perfect third vehicle and occasional driver. The moonroof was certainly a luxury pick, but living in Florida, I thought I'd use the heck out of it.

Now that my needs have changed and this will be a second vehicle, and my daily driver, I've decided to move to the XLT lux, moonroof. I see value in the XLT package, especially since I'll be driving this one daily. I drive about 35 miles each way to work, mostly country highway and still plan to go with the hybrid.
Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For my self the brown vinyl seats in the Lariat are just no in Florida, prefer the XLT wheels over the lariat wheels as well.

Don't mind the orange trim in xlt heck people are buying orange mavericks.

This is an experiment for me as well. Never had a hybrid or battery powered anything. No vehicle has to be permeant. No like get rid of it.

Bburg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Love my Rapid Red First Edition Hybrid 😍, although a long 9.5 months wait, it was worth all the features.
You are blest, I have the same build and mine was built this week with an arrival about one year from when I ordered last August 20.

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Toyo LC, 1988 911, 2005 STI, 2010 STI, 3 More
I find the "plastic leather" in my Lariat WAAAY TOOO HOT!!!!!!!!! Considering letting it go for that very reason.

Ford Maverick Anyone else keep bouncing back and forth on what trim to get? I thought I had it figured out! 754043BE-1C1E-4F2E-806D-960734A6E3A5

Ford Maverick Anyone else keep bouncing back and forth on what trim to get? I thought I had it figured out! 64398D54-CC4D-4887-AF6A-13B77967DBA9

Last edited:

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I find the "plastic leather" in my Lariat WAAAY TOOO HOT!!!!!!!!! Considering letting it go for that very reason.

754043BE-1C1E-4F2E-806D-960734A6E3A5.jpeg
Looking good. Where did you find those 2.0L decals on your front door. They look good. I like it. Thanx

Sponsored

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You probably know this, but if you don't, the dealer can not make changes if you are a priority 2. The dealer would have to change you back to a priority 10 which they could do if you don't have your vin yet. Then the zone rep would have to change it back to a priority 2 at the dealer's request, as long as you have not added a constrained item.
Good luck with that!

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Xlt eco is the winner and quickest built. so XLT has good price and you can upgrade it and still keep it under 30k

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What will change for the 2023 model?
THAT is the $50,000 question! My hope is some of the options in the Lux packages are split off so they can be ordered without the entire Lux package.

Gottahavmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 5.0 6 spd.,mx-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You probably know this, but if you don't, the dealer can not make changes if you are a priority 2. The dealer would have to change you back to a priority 10 which they could do if you don't have your vin yet. Then the zone rep would have to change it back to a priority 2 at the dealer's request, as long as you have not added a constrained item.
Ok, thanks for the info.

Poultrygeist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know if the XL seats are the same as the XLT except for the color and trim. Also is the XL driver's seat adjustable for up and down movement? I also wonder if the more expensive models would have more sound proofing?

I'm thinking orders with fewer options like the base XL might get built sooner?

Sponsored

Sgthell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL AWD Maverick, 2022 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the XL, EB 2.0 with AWD. Can’t say that I miss the cruise control and the door mirrors only need to be adjusted once. The AWD gives you the IRS, which makes for a much better ride than the FWD version. I’m getting 29.5 mpg around town and limited highway driving. For $27K out the door, that’s a pretty good deal nowadays.

Sgthell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL AWD Maverick, 2022 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know if the XL seats are the same as the XLT except for the color and trim. Also is the XL driver's seat adjustable for up and down movement? I also wonder if the more expensive models would have more sound proofing?

I'm thinking orders with fewer options like the base XL might get built sooner?
My XL driver seat has lots of up/down adjustments.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went xlt on my 22 because cruise control wasn't available on the XL and the lariat has a bunch of luxury items that I really don't want, need or would use. Also I wanted the fx4 package which you can't get on the xl.

That said, the entire point of the custom ordering process is to get exactly what you want. I was able to get everything I really wanted and needed and nothing more or less. It's the first vehicle I have ever owned that was not a compromise on some level and as a result I am extremely satisfied with it. S

Since roughly 1990 I wanted a compact pickup with crew cab, AWD and and automatic transmission but literally no car company made exactly what I wanted. I am also a cheapskate and would not pay $50k + for a large pickup truck that I didn't really need. The nissan frontier is the closest match but it's still a bit bigger and more expensive than the mav and the mav exactly matches my wants and needs.

All it takes is patience.

Mav as heck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Ordered a Lariat Hybrid with Lux package and moonroof, no other options.

Hoping it actually gets built....

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Until Ford decided to push the order date back!

I was just going to go in and bite the bullet and order the Lariat Lux. I drive 70 miles a day, so the ACC and Lane Centering would be nice. My wife's van has keyless push button start and I love not having to fish out my keys. Wireless phone charging pad would be nice. Current truck has a sliding rear window that I use, so another one that's electric would be nicer than having to reach back and try and do it.

But then I think I could order a XL and because how long the orders are taking I could probably save damn near the whole purchase price! All those things I'd like are nice, but my current vehicle doesn't really have them so I'm also not missing out!

Damn you Ford!
I j purchased a maverick someone slaked away from so I went real deep in. My perfect package for the maverick was the XLT with lux pkg and copilot 360. I was fine until my wife saw a Larait
Until Ford decided to push the order date back!

I was just going to go in and bite the bullet and order the Lariat Lux. I drive 70 miles a day, so the ACC and Lane Centering would be nice. My wife's van has keyless push button start and I love not having to fish out my keys. Wireless phone charging pad would be nice. Current truck has a sliding rear window that I use, so another one that's electric would be nicer than having to reach back and try and do it.

But then I think I could order a XL and because how long the orders are taking I could probably save damn near the whole purchase price! All those things I'd like are nice, but my current vehicle doesn't really have them so I'm also not missing out!

Damn you Ford!
i felt the best configuration for Me was the XLT 2.0 with the lux package and copilot 360 for all the safety factors. My wife saw a Lariat and felt with the lux package and copilot 360 is what I needed. Well not knowing how long it would take for delivery I wound up buying a Lariat with towing, lux, copilot 360, All wheel drive and more. This truck was ordered by a person and he walked away for some reason. I still feel the XLT with lux and copilot 360 is my first choice From a economic perspective but I am very very happy with my over the top Lariat. I am 77 and I got used to all the safety features in our Chrysler Pacifica and The safety features are important to me. This is nice 4 passenger car with a large open boot. So far it meets my expectations and my wife is happy. Good luck with your decision but don’t take too long. Old saying “he who hesitates looses”.
Sponsored