Nunya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

I really like the Maverick. I like the simple, low cost, easy to clean and durable looking interior; I like her 200" length; her reasonably narrow body. I like her starting price; I like the utility of the bed, and the underneath storage feature of the rear bench seat. I like that Ford built integrated frame rails under the bed, and I like the Maverick's simple, yet durable, suspension. I had some concerns about the longevity of the base engine, but those concerns have been mitigated.

The thing I cannot get past - on paper, the Maverick has ample ground clearance - but her profile, when you look at the truck, it looks like a crossover, unitbody, SUV. Yes...it has the ground clearance of a truck, but her profile looks low to the ground. Some people might like a low step in height, but I prefer the feel of a higher step in feel of a body on frame truck. The Ranger is a little too costly for me, and the Ranger is simply too long; I won't go the Ranger route. But I cannot get past the "the Maverick looks like an SUV with a low step in height."

Am I alone with my visual impressions?
There are a couple of options that will give the Maverick a little more of that truck look. One is to do a lift... The other is the Tremor package. The Tremor package offers a slight factory lift.
I absolutely love my 2023 Lariat with the Tremor package. The step-in height is just right for me, and cargo in the bed is easy to reach. However, the truck I had before was a 2021 Ranger XLTwith the Tremor package. That rascal was as tall as an F-150. The average Joe couldn't reach anything in the bed.
I am very much happier with my Maverick... Quieter ride, easier to drive (like a car) better gas mileage, and better in parking lots.
Sponsored