Sponsored

Anyone else having daily issues with infotainment?

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Early March build has had a few issues. I have found that plugging in your phone rarely connects Android Auto the first time. The second time rarely fails. Sometimes my phone won't link with bluetooth without repeated attempts. As Shay has said. JINKY!

Ford, let's get some updates these screens desperately need. It's ruining your already sketchy reliability reputation.
Sponsored

Last edited:

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sync 3
Had one issue with Google Maps through Car Play.
I plug the phone in and the map was out of sync with my location. Unplugged it and the phone shows where I actually am. Plug it back in and it's out of sync again.
Had to turn truck off and back on to reset it.
Had that happen once. Not fun when your driving.

Tuner_Obsession

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JDM Fairlady Z TT (300zx), 350z, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I understand that most automakers suck at infotainment, but I’m curious if my issues are common or unique to my truck. So far I’ve experienced:

• Audio cutting out entirely 2x
  • Backup camera not opening, completely freezing infotainment 3x
  • Minor lag / skipping on backup camera on occasion
  • Bluetooth connecting to my phone, but I cannot select it as an audio source on occasion
  • My biggest issue: Bluetooth disconnecting while playing audio. This happens damn near every day. Sometimes it reconnects immediately, sometimes it needs to be reset
Software is up to date. Does anyone have any insight as to how likely we are to get regular updates to fix bugs?
The non-Sync system is terrible and a lot of us are having all the same types of issues. Soft reset and patience has become a few times a week occurrence. We just have to hope that as more of these get built Ford puts more resources and effort into their software development team.

btg321

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi there! This doesn’t sound like the experience we want you to be having with your Maverick. Please go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information. I’d be happy to look into these infotainment concerns for you. Thank you.
A lot of people complaining and making comments on the EXACT same issues. Please respond back to us and not a canned “working on it” or “direct message us your vin”. Give us information on what exactly is being worked and if we can expect a fix, and potentially a timeframe. Again, with the amount of issues this info system has, I potentially see a class action coming from it.

Sincerely,
All Maverick Owners

Superchunk

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had very few issues the first couple of weeks and now constant issues. Android auto barely works. I have to skip 3-4 songs between each one that works. Odd. Sometimes the first 5 seconds plays then it stops. To me this is a big deal, I listen to music 12-17 hours a day. I can't drive without it. I mean, 15 years ago my aftermarket head units and iPod connections never failed me.

Google maps also is regularly screwing up. I have no sense of direction so basically it's a crap shoot if my drive is going to suck and be stressful or not based on having to dig out my phone, dangerously and illegally in order to navigate.

I've tried different phones and whatnot. Oh Bluetooth also doesn't work, it connects and shows a song is loaded but won't play it, same as android auto does, so I've narrowed it down to definitely being the infotainment not my phone or apps (have cleared all the caches and whatnot).

Kind of frustrated to have this on a brand new car.

That's my vent...

Sponsored

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Android auto cuts out when I move my phone sometimes. I suspect it might be my cable or my phone. It's an old phone and the connection for the USB port is getting loose. No other issues yet. However I've only had my truck 3 weeks.

It is nice having the navigation and streaming music through Android auto, but I am fine using my phone for gps when I need it, and I have a USB flash drive for music. It's nice to not deal with plugging in a phone or even connecting to Bluetooth every time you get in the car.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I had very few issues the first couple of weeks and now constant issues. Android auto barely works. I have to skip 3-4 songs between each one that works. Odd. Sometimes the first 5 seconds plays then it stops. To me this is a big deal, I listen to music 12-17 hours a day. I can't drive without it. I mean, 15 years ago my aftermarket head units and iPod connections never failed me.

Google maps also is regularly screwing up. I have no sense of direction so basically it's a crap shoot if my drive is going to suck and be stressful or not based on having to dig out my phone, dangerously and illegally in order to navigate.

I've tried different phones and whatnot. Oh Bluetooth also doesn't work, it connects and shows a song is loaded but won't play it, same as android auto does, so I've narrowed it down to definitely being the infotainment not my phone or apps (have cleared all the caches and whatnot).

Kind of frustrated to have this on a brand new car.

That's my vent...
Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your Maverick's infotainment issues!

BabyBeeJoy4

First Name
Joy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Hi there! This doesn’t sound like the experience we want you to be having with your Maverick. Please go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information. I’d be happy to look into these infotainment concerns for you. Thank you.
Yep, came to this thread with the same issues... :confused:

Hank3

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, my Bluetooth is constantly cutting off mid-drive. Have an appointment at my dealership next week about that, a faulty USB plug up front, and the recall.

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had some problems with my August 2021 build, update seemed to fix but maps still was hanging, dealer suggested using OEM USB- c cable and it has not hung up once since. Try a better quality short cable.

Sponsored
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Aug 29 XLT Hybrid build is supposed to show up Sept 19-25. It's my first Ford, so I'm curious what I'll experience for reliability. This forum has me concerned. Add to that my brother-in-law, who after 40 years of driving exclusively Ford trucks, switched sides and traded his '21 F-150 for a Chevy Colorado, because he was having these exact same infotainment/camera/controls issues. He took it to the dealer many times, but they were never able to get it working.

stuckinparts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
WILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very glitchy. Sometimes the camera just decides to not show up. Sometimes nothing on the screen except the Ford logo. Yesterday on my 40 minute drive home from work the screen was frozen. Time was stuck at 5:20 for the entire time. This morning everything is back to normal.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Very glitchy. Sometimes the camera just decides to not show up. Sometimes nothing on the screen except the Ford logo. Yesterday on my 40 minute drive home from work the screen was frozen. Time was stuck at 5:20 for the entire time. This morning everything is back to normal.
Hey there! I can look into your Maverick’s infotainment concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I get it that this radio sucks in general but Is this a phone problem with either Apple IOS or Android version compatibility? It seems like more Android users are having problems with this unit glitching and locking up or am I mistaken?
Sponsored