Sponsored

Anyone else have this unusual issue? Marijuana smell coming from your vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveMave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Toyota p/u, Santa Cruz SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Save The Bales (not the whales!)
Sponsored

DaveMave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Toyota p/u, Santa Cruz SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe Ford is repeating its own history-
The oldest recorded recall in the US was in the early 1900's by Ford. Henry Ford stuffed the seats of his first Model T's with Spanish moss, after observing local indian tribes using the moss for cushioning. What Ford didn’t know was that the tribes boiled the moss to eradicate any pests. This prompted the first automotive recall when little bugs called red bugs or chiggers started crawling out and biting drivers on the rear ends.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I smell weed everywhere I go. 😉

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My kind of potpourri! Emphasis on the pot.

Sponsored

LAClippers420

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, initially I thought it was just from driving around the general Daytona area (and anyone who lives in the area knows what I'm talking about) but...

Are you ready for this question?

When anyone starts their Maverick and drives for the first mile or so, do you have the distinct smell of...marijuana (!!) coming from your vehicle?

The first time I noticed this I was picking up pizza in town, and there was a skeevey homeless dude hanging around the outside of the pizza shop, probably sizing me up to either ask for money or flat out rob me. (Don't try it, buddy...home girl is packing heat when I travel in Daytona. That's another story.) Anyway, after I assume he decided not to tangle with me he kind of huffed off in the other direction and took out a vape pen that smelled like marijuana. He wasn't anywhere near my truck when all this went down.

After leaving work that same afternoon, I got into in my truck and it completely reeked of marijuana the moment I sat down inside, and did for days afterward.

Today (weeks after the above incident) I got about a half mile down the road and my husband looked at me and asked, "Do you smell marijuana?" So, I know I'm not going crazy, and the smell is very distinct when it is present, which happens at the most random moments.

I'm going to bet no one else is having this issue. Wish I knew a cop who was a K-9 handler to do a walk-around, because I'm totally baffled as to WTF is going on. Beginning to wonder if my truck is insulated with something other than insulation.

you make this sound like it’s a bad thing. We have a Christmas miracle on our hands! Blessed by baby Jesus of cannabis. Congratulations! Your maverick is the chosen one! 420 edition!

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
you make this sound like it’s a bad thing. We have a Christmas miracle on our hands! Blessed by baby Jesus of cannabis. Congratulations! Your maverick is the chosen one! 420 edition!
A gift from the wise men?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It'll be better to get the police to confirm it isn't there now than for them to find it during some random traffic stop. Easier to explain if you call them and tell them what you are smelling.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah if you called the police and explained the situation they wouldn't arrest you even if they did find weed....... Unless you actually work for a cartel hahahaha
Yeah, no worries there. My last ticket was in 2014. I have no reason to fear the police.

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Given that the smell dissipates as you drive away, that raises some questions.

Do you also smell this outside of the vehicle where it's parked, or in a nearby building?

Is it always at the same place (e.g. home) or does the smell that fades occur at other destinations?

Does anyone else drive or have access to the vehicle, such as a teenager?

OP
OP
JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It'll be better to get the police to confirm it isn't there now than for them to find it during some random traffic stop. Easier to explain if you call them and tell them what you are smelling.
With all the weird crap going on these days with the Apple Air Tags, gotta wonder if someone is randomly planting MJ on/in my truck somewhere. I haven't had any issues until the pizza stop a few weeks ago, and then again today.

I don't even know how to broach the subject of willingly getting my car searched by a police officer. This isn't something normal people agree to do.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid