Sponsored

Anyone else have this unusual issue? Marijuana smell coming from your vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So, initially I thought it was just from driving around the general Daytona area (and anyone who lives in the area knows what I'm talking about) but...

Are you ready for this question?

When anyone starts their Maverick and drives for the first mile or so, do you have the distinct smell of...marijuana (!!) coming from your vehicle?

The first time I noticed this I was picking up pizza in town, and there was a skeevey homeless dude hanging around the outside of the pizza shop, probably sizing me up to either ask for money or flat out rob me. (Don't try it, buddy...home girl is packing heat when I travel in Daytona. That's another story.) Anyway, after I assume he decided not to tangle with me he kind of huffed off in the other direction and took out a vape pen that smelled like marijuana. He wasn't anywhere near my truck when all this went down.

After leaving work that same afternoon, I got into in my truck and it completely reeked of marijuana the moment I sat down inside, and did for days afterward.

Today (weeks after the above incident) I got about a half mile down the road and my husband looked at me and asked, "Do you smell marijuana?" So, I know I'm not going crazy, and the smell is very distinct when it is present, which happens at the most random moments.

I'm going to bet no one else is having this issue. Wish I knew a cop who was a K-9 handler to do a walk-around, because I'm totally baffled as to WTF is going on. Beginning to wonder if my truck is insulated with something other than insulation.
Well. You won't let him smoke in the house. He has to smoke SOMEWHERE.
Sponsored

Mav2112

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, initially I thought it was just from driving around the general Daytona area (and anyone who lives in the area knows what I'm talking about) but...

Are you ready for this question?

When anyone starts their Maverick and drives for the first mile or so, do you have the distinct smell of...marijuana (!!) coming from your vehicle?

The first time I noticed this I was picking up pizza in town, and there was a skeevey homeless dude hanging around the outside of the pizza shop, probably sizing me up to either ask for money or flat out rob me. (Don't try it, buddy...home girl is packing heat when I travel in Daytona. That's another story.) Anyway, after I assume he decided not to tangle with me he kind of huffed off in the other direction and took out a vape pen that smelled like marijuana. He wasn't anywhere near my truck when all this went down.

After leaving work that same afternoon, I got into in my truck and it completely reeked of marijuana the moment I sat down inside, and did for days afterward.

Today (weeks after the above incident) I got about a half mile down the road and my husband looked at me and asked, "Do you smell marijuana?" So, I know I'm not going crazy, and the smell is very distinct when it is present, which happens at the most random moments.

I'm going to bet no one else is having this issue. Wish I knew a cop who was a K-9 handler to do a walk-around, because I'm totally baffled as to WTF is going on. Beginning to wonder if my truck is insulated with something other than insulation.
I know you’ve gotten a lot of joke posts in response to your question but I wanted to offer that i too have smelled the unmistakable smell of cannabis coming from my truck following a drive that gets everything up to temperature. I took delivery in May and noticed it the most in the first few months of summer. Id park and come back out to my 2 car garage it’s smell like someone just lit up. I don’t smoke, no one in my home does and I live in a rural area with no neighbors. I don’t smell it now that it’s cold but I looked all over my vehicle for hidden weed because it’s literally the exact smell. You’re not crazy and it wouldn’t surprise me a bit if years from now when I’m replacing a part if i find something hidden in the most inconspicuous spot.

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How many lawyers need to remind people?

Don't talk to cops.

A single police officer can ruin your life and you have absolutely no repercussions. Going to the cops with an illegal item in your possession could easily range from no big deal to you ending up in jail. Likely it won't, but you run the risk every time.

Sniff around your car. Go to the dealer or a mechanically inclined friend. Don't go to the people who can ruin your life on a whim.

OP
OP
JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know you’ve gotten a lot of joke posts in response to your question but I wanted to offer that i too have smelled the unmistakable smell of cannabis coming from my truck following a drive that gets everything up to temperature. I took delivery in May and noticed it the most in the first few months of summer. Id park and come back out to my 2 car garage it’s smell like someone just lit up. I don’t smoke, no one in my home does and I live in a rural area with no neighbors. I don’t smell it now that it’s cold but I looked all over my vehicle for hidden weed because it’s literally the exact smell. You’re not crazy and it wouldn’t surprise me a bit if years from now when I’m replacing a part if i find something hidden in the most inconspicuous spot.
Thank you for your HONEST response. I still suspect mine is from living in an area where MJ use is the norm rather than the exception. Since having Covid (mild case) in April '21, my sense of smell has been off but I can definitely pick up the distinct odor of MJ and...BBQ. Everything else is a guessing game of hilarity.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Alright I’ve held my tongue long enough. I know a guy who was an expert at ditching weed at the early sign of PoPo, so he could retrieve it a few minutes later if it was just normal low level pot paranoia.
His full proof method was to flick it to the lowest part of the windshield of the least suspicious car in the area.
It would roll into the gap. Below the wipers if done correctly. Then when coast is clear he would do a grand stupid movement to redirect attention and grab it back with the hidden hand.
This practice became so wide spread in the Iowa area that pot heads could be seen practicing the flick and redirect movements like it was some sporting event almost the whole state. Check the air intake regions between the back of hood and below the wipers.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.