Sponsored

Anyone else have this unusual issue? Marijuana smell coming from your vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, initially I thought it was just from driving around the general Daytona area (and anyone who lives in the area knows what I'm talking about) but...

Are you ready for this question?

When anyone starts their Maverick and drives for the first mile or so, do you have the distinct smell of...marijuana (!!) coming from your vehicle?

The first time I noticed this I was picking up pizza in town, and there was a skeevey homeless dude hanging around the outside of the pizza shop, probably sizing me up to either ask for money or flat out rob me. (Don't try it, buddy...home girl is packing heat when I travel in Daytona. That's another story.) Anyway, after I assume he decided not to tangle with me he kind of huffed off in the other direction and took out a vape pen that smelled like marijuana. He wasn't anywhere near my truck when all this went down.

After leaving work that same afternoon, I got into in my truck and it completely reeked of marijuana the moment I sat down inside, and did for days afterward.

Today (weeks after the above incident) I got about a half mile down the road and my husband looked at me and asked, "Do you smell marijuana?" So, I know I'm not going crazy, and the smell is very distinct when it is present, which happens at the most random moments.

I'm going to bet no one else is having this issue. Wish I knew a cop who was a K-9 handler to do a walk-around, because I'm totally baffled as to WTF is going on. Beginning to wonder if my truck is insulated with something other than insulation.
Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey, working an eight hour shift in the Hermosillo assembly plant can get pretty boring. An occasional smoke helps but when the supervisor shows up you have to hide it. Sometimes that vehicle moves down the line before you can retrieve it.

ITS SOMEWHERE!!!!;):p

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Call your local police Im sure they would be happy to have a canine sniff around at your request. ( not joking ) If there is pot, fido will find out where it is hidden :)

Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Call your local police Im sure they would be happy to have a canine sniff around at your request. ( not joking ) If there is pot, fido will find out where it is hidden :)
I wonder if OP will be able to post from jail? "I swear, it's not mine!, I don't know how it got there!"

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah if you called the police and explained the situation they wouldn't arrest you even if they did find weed....... Unless you actually work for a cartel hahahaha

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When I am out walking I get a strong weed odor from passing cars- lots of people out there smoking while driving. If you are around them in traffic you would definitely get some of the odor in your car unless you drive around on recirculate all the time.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the Redneck (@Redneck Garage ) is on the right track. If you want to find out for sure.

Last edited:
Sponsored

HawkeyeBunny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford C-Max SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I always get a whiff of weed in my truck when I'm driving in the city but I smelled it in my C-max too...but that's cuz the "fine" state of New York legalized it.

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do you play any Doobie Bros.?