Sponsored

Anyone else had a visceral, BAD reaction to actually seeing one of the colors?

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every color photographed on ford website was represented pretty well to reality except cyber orange and alto blue. Cyber orange is dark yellow with a lot of shimmer in the paint (itā€™s beautiful for those who like yellow). Alto blue looks black unless thereā€™s a ton of light hitting it, then u see a dark blue also with lots of shimmer. Itā€™s nice for those who like dark colors. I was intrigued with every single one bc I just wanted a damn maverick lol. Area 51 and cactus grey were my choices.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thought the darker blue atlas blue would be nice till I got to see one just slightly dirty it was aweful. Looked dingy and dank and foreboding.

Sounder206

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have HPR XLT FX4 on order. Went to my local dealer to check on the status of my order, the sales rep told me they have on the lot a customer refused XLT FX4 4K in Cactus Grey and I liked it especially with the black painted FX4 wheels. Then I asked if I can get it at MSRP ($29k + $10k ADM = $39k) and the rep told me ā€œuhh.. noā€ and I told him to keep it, Iā€™ll just wait for my ordered truck.

If I couldnā€™t get my HPR Maverick, Cactus Grey would be my second option.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As an update to my previous post about having an XLT Velocity Blue hybrid Maverick, which I got a lot of compliments on, and being a conversation starter, I now have a hybrid Lariat Hot Pepper Red Maverick. I traded in the XLT for the Lariat on 26 Oct after getting several bad news emails from Ford, and a call from my ordering dealer that my ā€˜23 Maverick I ordered in Atlas Blue w/lux, both CPā€™s, and lux, has been canceled. The dealer took too many orders and didnā€™t have enough allocations. Ford sent me emails about parts constraints twice. So, I searched for a Lariat and found one. This is the one Iā€™m keeping for quite a while.

I am happy with the HPR Lariat. I had a 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe that was Volcano Red, which was very similar in color.

Whatever color everyone else chose, I respect that and their personal tastes. For me, I like the flashier colors.

Ford Maverick Anyone else had a visceral, BAD reaction to actually seeing one of the colors? 4F696808-AFD3-409A-B184-EFFBD12E5C77

Ford Maverick Anyone else had a visceral, BAD reaction to actually seeing one of the colors? 39259F27-F734-4AE6-B5D4-A05BF4227ABE

Ford Maverick Anyone else had a visceral, BAD reaction to actually seeing one of the colors? E533A2EF-A36E-424D-9776-ACB815770CEB

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had originally ordered carbonized grey, saw an iconic silver one and the color just made me go wow! However at that time I had already switched to cactus grey until I saw it in person on a bronco sport. I was mortified with that. At that point I quickly switched to iconic silver and never looked back. Well i actually do look back in admiration at my iconic silver beauty in the parking lot at my work.
I know what you mean about the Iconic Silver along with the black trim and grill and it's great look. It truly stands out. It took me three months to make up my mind about what color to order. My wife wanted red, but the XLT light interior and the Lariat interior colors she hated. I was ok with the Lariat interior with the red. She never uses cruise anyway, so, because of interior colors, we ordered an XL. We finally decided on Velocity Blue because we hadn't had a medium blue color since our '66 Corvette. We both like it but every time I see an Iconic Silver it makes me wonder why I didn't accept an offer of an all-wheel drive Iconic Silver XL when a dealer called. I told the guy at the time that I guess I would wait on the order from a different dealer...but, my wife is happy. You know the ol' saying, "a happy wife gives a happy life." Ironically, we've had the VB XL EB little truck for 13 months, 6 days, and she has never driven it. :cool:

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I know myself well enough to realize my truck isn't always going to be freshly washed and waxed all the time, so getting something that still looks decent with a bit of "Texas" on it was important to me. To me, that eliminated a couple of colors (shadow black and alto blue). I also eliminated the iconic silver because there are SO MANY cars on the road that are silver, and I just get tired of seeing it.

Of the remaining options, two stand out for me: Cyber Orange (favorite) and Hot Pepper Red (close second). Carbonized/Cactus Gray are pretty decent. To me, the other colors are "uninspiring" at best...

My wife prefers Cactus Gray and Area 51, with Cyber Orange next in line for her. She doesn't like the HPR for some reason - maybe we've just had too many other red cars. So we placed orders for CO for me, and CG for her, then lucked into an A51 a few weeks ago. If we don't get both of our orders fulfilled (highly probable), the A51 is OK with both of us. If we get one of our two orders, whoever got their color will drive that one, and the other will be OK keeping the A51. But if we happen to get both of our hybrids delivered, she will get to decide whether she wants the CG or A51. She says the A51 is growing on her...

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Every color photographed on ford website was represented pretty well to reality except cyber orange and alto blue. Cyber orange is dark yellow with a lot of shimmer in the paint (itā€™s beautiful for those who like yellow). Alto blue looks black unless thereā€™s a ton of light hitting it, then u see a dark blue also with lots of shimmer. Itā€™s nice for those who like dark colors. I was intrigued with every single one bc I just wanted a damn maverick lol. Area 51 and cactus grey were my choices.
My Cyberorange Maverick looked like School Bus orange (why the nice name) until I ceramic-coated it. Now the gold in the paint comes out more.

Ford Maverick Anyone else had a visceral, BAD reaction to actually seeing one of the colors? IMG_2950.JPG

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've seen all the colors on the street now. I think the smartest Maverick color choice is Cactus Gray. It makes the truck look sharply defined. I think it's innocuous and inoffensive and is likely to age well.

I'm OK with my HPR. I also saw a Cyber Orange once at sunset and loved it. I'd probably get Cyber Orange next time just to enjoy all the horrified looks I'd get on the road. But then I love to go walking through nattily-dressed Asheville in my rattiest exercising clothes just to see people cross the street to avoid me. I love to sartorially offend all the hipster poseurs here.

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

A "visceral, BAD reaction to actually seeing one of the colors" I don't think I could do that for any color of any vehicle.
I have seen a funky looking gold/orange color on Nissan and it makes me wonder...hmm? Just saying....

Sponsored

st3v

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I originally ordered Area 51 sight unseen in 2021. When I actually saw one on the freeway, I actually regretted that I ordered that color. I also felt stuck since my dealer told me if I make any changes the order may be balanced out since it happened to them on another order. So having my order rolled over to MY2023 was a relief, so I could change the color.

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Cyberorange Maverick looked like School Bus orange (why the nice name) until I ceramic-coated it. Now the gold in the paint comes out more.

IMG_2950.JPG
I still see yellow-but I still šŸ’› it. Deep down I wanted this color but my last vehicle of 20 years was a yellowSRT4 soā€¦

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I still see yellow-but I still šŸ’› it. Deep down I wanted this color but my last vehicle of 20 years was a yellowSRT4 soā€¦
This is a better photo of the gold

Ford Maverick Anyone else had a visceral, BAD reaction to actually seeing one of the colors? IMG_2827.JPG
Sponsored