First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 EB 2.5 XLT 302A, 2004 Chevy 1500HD 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Heading West on M-28 with the cruise set at 67 between Ewen and Bergland, MI today when Bambi shot out from the woods at full gallop. There was no time to react so it was a direct hit mainly on the left front. Killed the deer instantly. I was just on my way from getting the Maverick's oil changed at Big Valley Ford in Ewen and took out the deer around 7 miles away. After calling the cops and insurance, I drove it straight back to the dealership body shop where it will be for a little while getting fixed and waiting for a lot of new parts. Body shop estimates $6-7K in damage. Thankfully the airbags didn't deploy and the damage didn't reach the drivetrain, hurt the subframe, affect the radiator, or even affect the electronics (other than the headlight assy is history)...it actually drove perfectly normal back to the dealership...so I think this Mav will ride again! For a direct hit on a ~200lb deer going nearly 70mph, I am pretty impressed on how this little truck held up! I feel bad for the deer but at least she didn't suffer.

Ford Maverick My Maverick Had a Bad Day Today (And So Did the Deer) IMG_2580.JPG

Ford Maverick My Maverick Had a Bad Day Today (And So Did the Deer) IMG_2581.JPG

Ford Maverick My Maverick Had a Bad Day Today (And So Did the Deer) IMG_2582.JPG

Ford Maverick My Maverick Had a Bad Day Today (And So Did the Deer) IMG_2583.JPG

Ford Maverick My Maverick Had a Bad Day Today (And So Did the Deer) IMG_2584.JPG

Ford Maverick My Maverick Had a Bad Day Today (And So Did the Deer) IMG_2585.JPG

Ford Maverick My Maverick Had a Bad Day Today (And So Did the Deer) IMG_2586.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, that really stinks.

Bergland, Ewen, Mi. I seem to recall that tiny town actually has a Ford dealership. Might be one of the smaller dealerships I've even seen.

On edit: Ewen, not Bergland, duh! You said it right in your post. I did alot of snowmobiling in that area and remembered seeing it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What a shame. Seeing the lifeless deer sliding across the road from the friction of the impact is the most disturbing part. Hope your truck is salvageable after all this. I've seen many of these get totaled from minor front or rear impacts. Makes me paranoid god for bid that happens in mine 😥

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad your okay. Also glad the damage isn't worse. Hopefully they can get the parts and repair it quickly. Hope your insurance covers a rental.

donaldtr54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Heading West on M-28 with the cruise set at 67 between Ewen and Bergland, MI today when Bambi shot out from the woods at full gallop. There was no time to react so it was a direct hit mainly on the left front. Killed the deer instantly. I was just on my way from getting the Maverick's oil changed at Big Valley Ford in Ewen and took out the deer around 7 miles away. After calling the cops and insurance, I drove it straight back to the dealership body shop where it will be for a little while getting fixed and waiting for a lot of new parts. Body shop estimates $6-7K in damage. Thankfully the airbags didn't deploy and the damage didn't reach the drivetrain, hurt the subframe, affect the radiator, or even affect the electronics (other than the headlight assy is history)...it actually drove perfectly normal back to the dealership...so I think this Mav will ride again! For a direct hit on a ~200lb deer going nearly 70mph, I am pretty impressed on how this little truck held up! I feel bad for the deer but at least she didn't suffer.

IMG_2580.JPG

IMG_2581.JPG

IMG_2582.JPG

IMG_2583.JPG

IMG_2584.JPG

IMG_2585.JPG

IMG_2586.JPG
Sorry for the bad news, great video. What kind of dash cam?

OP
OP
AHarris67

AHarris67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What a shame. Seeing the lifeless deer sliding across the road from the friction of the impact is the most disturbing part. Hope your truck is salvageable after all this. I've seen many of these get totaled from minor front or rear impacts. Makes me paranoid god for bid that happens in mine 😥
That was tough to see, she was a beautiful creature. I hope they don't total my truck--the body shop seemed very optimistic that this Mav will survive. If not, then I'll just get another one.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AHarris67

AHarris67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad your okay. Also glad the damage isn't worse. Hopefully they can get the parts and repair it quickly. Hope your insurance covers a rental.
Fortunately my dealership just gave me a free rental as long as I need it...and my insurance does have rental coverage in the event I didn't have a dealership as generous as Big Valley Ford.

OP
OP
AHarris67

AHarris67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry for the bad news, great video. What kind of dash cam?
It's a Nextbase 222. A great cam and I think it only set me back about $50

OP
OP
AHarris67

AHarris67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, that really stinks.

Bergland, Ewen, Mi. I seem to recall that tiny town actually has a Ford dealership. Might be one of the smaller dealerships I've even seen.

On edit: Ewen, not Bergland, duh! You said it right in your post. I did alot of snowmobiling in that area and remembered seeing it.
What they lack in size they make up for in service...I won't buy anywhere else.

OP
OP
AHarris67

AHarris67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you file a claim with insurance, please let us know if they increase your rates.
I doubt they will...my wife hit a deer last year in our Honda CR-V which did about $8K in damage....our premiums did not change.

haycraftzack622

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 and 1992 Toyota pickup
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

IMG_2580.JPG

IMG_2581.JPG

IMG_2582.JPG

IMG_2583.JPG

IMG_2584.JPG

IMG_2585.JPG

IMG_2586.JPG
Worry about your maverick the vehicle is more important as well as your safety
Sponsored