Sponsored

Any Problems Associated After Lifting Your Truck? I Didn't Like What I Saw Today...

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't want to get into a pissing match with anyone: everyone has their own likes and dislikes, and that's fine. Not everyone will agree with what I am about to write, and that's fine too.

My issue is with today's society, is that people are not entitled to have their own opinion: people get way bent out of shape when someone expresses an opinion contrary to their own. I'm kind of tired of it; if you don't agree with me, skip this thread please:

I saw a Maverick up front and in person today for the first time, and I was extremely impressed: the truck is a lot more handsome in person than it is in photos, and the interior looks a lot more substantial in person than in photos. Likewise, the bed looks a lot larger in person than it is in photos, and it's adequately sized for me.

The only thing that I didn't care for, is that the Maverick could not betray her crossover origin: the truck sits too low for me.

I do not care for lifted trucks; I simply want an equivalent to my stock, last gen, Ranger: the Ranger handles crowning, rutted, dirt roads well, and her ride height is perfect. The Maverick was too low to the ground, for me. I realize that, on paper, the Maverick has clearance. But I wish that she were a little higher off of the ground.

I was thinking of a 2" lift all around, but my concern is that a lot of lifted trucks appear to have camber issues. This might not be the case, but it looks it in some photos. I am also concerned about future warranty repairs: will any of this be affected? I know that Ford won't cover any non original part, but I am wondering if there might be any other issues associated with lifting the truck?

Overall, Ford did a great job on the Maverick: she looked good on paper, but she looked even better in person.
Sponsored

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Potential for warranty issues are possible. Potential for premature wear on other suspension components is possible.

I’m over 6,000 miles on a 1” lift from 4WheelParts and 245/70 tires with no issues.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Potential for warranty issues are possible. Potential for premature wear on other suspension components is possible.

I’m over 6,000 miles on a 1” lift from 4WheelParts and 245/70 tires with no issues.
Exactly. You have any issues with the suspension or drivetrain axles, brakes you name it the most dealers are going to tell you to go pound sand on a warranty repair when you put in a lift kit and larger tires.

OP
OP

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This seems ironic.
How is it ironic?

People are free to disagree with me; I have no issues with anyone disagreeing with me.

But I don't wanna get into a multipage pissing match with:

"The Maverick is perfect for ME"

"If you want a higher truck get the Ranger"

"They designed the Maverick for fuel economy, so it's lower to the ground"

"I HATE lifted trucks"

"The Maverick already has 8+ inches of clearance you idiot"

I don't wanna hear it; if people are happy with the stock Maverick height, great; I simply want my truck a little higher off of the ground. I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with me, but I don't wanna deflect off of the original premise.

The intention of this thread is not a pro and con about lifting the Maverick, it's "what potential issues might I face if I lift the Maverick." When I have posited lifting the Maverick in the past, I received replies like those above. Yet in the past, I never asked what potential issues might I face, with a lifted truck.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put a 2 inch lift under mine with no issues. After the lift took it to get aligned and the toe was off just a tad. No camber issues. No issues at all.
Appreciate the reply

OP
OP

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Appreciate the reply, and that's my concern.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those two lines disagree with one another. You do seem to have issues with people disagreeing with you, and having a discussion.
Maybe OP went about it the wrong way, but it isn't too much to ask to just answer his question instead of getting in a pissing match about whether lifted trucks are good or bad. That is a serious issue on this forum, and pretty much every other one.

OP
OP

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe OP went about it the wrong way, but it isn't too much to ask to just answer his question instead of getting in a pissing match about whether lifted trucks are good or bad. That is a serious issue on this forum, and pretty much every other one.
I very much appreciate your reply, and you perfectly said what was on my mind.

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i have heard some people have experienced problems with the cv/axle shafts on some of the 2+ inch lifted mavericks (and bronco sports) and depends on your dealership have found some are getting warranty work as needed (just not the "non-oem" suspension pieces) as i have been watching myself i love the look of these little guys lifted but i don't wanna lose my fuel economy (again it's just my opinion) & seen some sweet lower trucks too.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Patience man, patience. There is a nice high quality spring lift coming. Should be by the end of the year at the latest.

OP
OP

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i have heard some people have experienced problems with the cv/axle shafts on some of the 2+ inch lifted mavericks (and bronco sports) and depends on your dealership have found some are getting warranty work as needed (just not the "non-oem" suspension pieces) as i have been watching myself i love the look of these little guys lifted but i don't wanna lose my fuel economy (again it's just my opinion) & seen some sweet lower trucks too.
Appreciate your reply, and what you wrote makes sense.

I do have to admit, lifted or not, the truck is extremely impressive in person. The fit and finish were excellent too.

Patience man, patience. There is a nice high quality spring lift coming. Should be by the end of the year at the latest.
Appreciate the reply; there's a rumor that Eibach is working on a solution.

I would hope that Ford would have something in the pipeline as well.

numike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After reading the above verbiage regarding possible warranty issues and my personal use of the Maverick I dont think I will rush out and lift the truck However I would like to swap out the wheels/tires I really like what Mav615 has https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...pplers-18-kmc-wheels.10791/page-4#post-231324 And to be honest I like the 'look' more than a requirement to off road If any one has suggestions on alternatives to achieve the look that Mav615 has it is appreciated ty

Reactions: NDL

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take a hard look at how a lift impacts the centering of the rear wheels in the wheel wells.

Boomhauer1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2010
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Appreciate your reply, and what you wrote makes sense.

I do have to admit, lifted or not, the truck is extremely impressive in person. The fit and finish were excellent too.

Appreciate the reply; there's a rumor that Eibach is working on a solution.

I would hope that Ford would have something in the pipeline as well.
Yea I feel you on being concerned about the vehicle if you modify it. It's one of the concerns people have when you modify an engine as you are now taking something which was designed with it being stock in mind and now changing the way it operates. I am no engineer and I agree with concerns about components not lasting as long but the real question is will it reduce the lifespan of the components from say 100k miles to 80k miles or to 50k miles I have no idea. At the end of the day it could be just that, an added cost for an additional benefit and if you feel that it is worth it to you, I would still consider the options available now or in the future.
Sponsored