Sponsored

Any Insights when to hope for Build Dates for Orders After August?

Chicora

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My best guess is mid-to late February. Below is how arrived at that guesstimate.

Would love to know what others think.

============

My goal is to estimate how much longer before I get a build date. I ordered my truck on Sept 3. XLT Lux with 360. [For the record, my initial guess when I placed my order was end of March.]

What we know from various press statements:
1. There were about 40,000 reservations after first week when it was possible to make a reservation.
2. There was a total of 80,000 reservations around July 28.
3. There were a total of 100,000 reservations as if Aug 23.

We know that Ford apparently planned for a 40%-60% split of orders between hybrid and Ecoboost.

It seems that the actual split is the inverse: 60% Hybrid and 40% EcoBoost.

If true, this would mean of the 100,000 reservations placed by Aug 23 that the estimated number of reservations are:
60,000 Hybrid
40,000 EcoBoost

We know that not every reservation was turned into an actual retail order.
At this point I have to make the following assumption about the ratio of reservations to actual orders. I could assume that they are roughly even. But I am going to say that there was a larger percentage of hybrid reservations turned into orders. The actual count of final orders is not necessarily important but rather the relative number of actual orders. Ford Bronco converted about 65% of their reservations so let's go with that for EcoBoost and say Hybrid is 75% (a guess).

Adjusted counts:
45,000 Hybrid orders
26,000 EcoBoost orders
[Remember it's the proportion that is important here. The actual count could be way off for this tea leaf reading experience.]

We also know that even some EcoBoost orders are getting build dates currently.

To me this seems to indicate that, in some cases, Ford is semi-current for EcoBoost orders. That bodes well for EcoBoost. Congratulations!

But I am interested in Hybrids and when I might get a build date (It is all about me -after Gabbydad, DryHeat, EMD, of course!)

It seems to me that Ford reservations are starting to pick up mid-July orders. Eighty percent of total orders (at the time when I placed my order at least) were placed by end of July. This, the me, means that Ford scheduling is looking for trucks to build from about 80% of the total orders. We also know that there have been and will be more constraints and issues affecting production. So maybe 50% of the 80% being considered have build dates. This means about 18,000 hybrids have build dates. (Remember actual counts are irrelevant.)

Where does this leave me with a Sept 3rd order date? I don't see that Ford scheduling will continue expanding to include later order dates at the same rate. Those overlooked earlier will be scheduled first. Later order dates will only be added if all prior orders filled (generally). To me it feels like Ford Scheduling won't be looking at orders placed after Aug 31st until mid to late February. That means my initial guess of a March delivery date is highly optimistic but not totally without possibility.

What does all this really mean?

I could have played Vincini in the movie The Princess Bride!

Ford Maverick Any Insights when to hope for Build Dates for Orders After August? d5ca8bcaf61366ec594b5d4bbc195755

Hope the journey was enjoyable!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chicora

Chicora

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nobody have their own guestimates?

Ford Maverick Any Insights when to hope for Build Dates for Orders After August? when-you-realize-that-there-arent-enough-the-princess-bride-48458953

Sinner

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD 2.0l
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered an XLT in September, but switched to a basic XL in November. Also waiting for a build date. Not sure how long my current truck is going to last.

Speds

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed a hybrid (lariat lux) order mid July and my build date is week of Feb 14th

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Order Oct. 13
March would be early
Hoping for April
Expecting May

Sponsored

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Where does this leave me with a Sept 3rd order date? To me it feels like Ford Scheduling won't be looking at orders placed after Aug 31st until mid to late February. That means my initial guess of a March delivery date is highly optimistic but not totally without possibility.
Are you talking about mid to late February as when Ford would assign you a build date, or the build date itself? If it's the former, your actual build date would likely be in April, making March delivery impossible.

If it's the latter it's probably not realistic. Ford has already been scheduling February build dates for customers with June and July orders who they notified in November and December.

OP
OP
Chicora

Chicora

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for your input. There have been people with a hybrid order date of end of August getting a build date last week.

In my search, I think I've detected a pattern I can use:. Look for the latest build date of a truck with my exact configuration (July 24 in my case). On the next scheduling I'll look to see what the latest is again and see if there is a later order date getting a build date. That will tell me if they are getting close.

As far as when the build date is scheduled ...that is a non-sequential exercise. We'll see.

Cheers!

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for your input. There have been people with a hybrid order date of end of August getting a build date last week.

In my search, I think I've detected a pattern I can use:. Look for the latest build date of a truck with my exact configuration (July 24 in my case). On the next scheduling I'll look to see what the latest is again and see if there is a later order date getting a build date. That will tell me if they are getting close.

As far as when the build date is scheduled ...that is a non-sequential exercise. We'll see.

Cheers!
I’ve got a 2.0T Lariat Lux (we’ll just see my signature) on Oder since 8/26. I’m consigned to getting it scheduled sometime between now and when Hell freezes over or by October next year whichever comes first. 🙁

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The upcoming January 13 & 20 Scheduling flurry will provide hints to whether my 9/21 order will get scheduled in February or March…or April.
It contains a couple of stated constraints that won’t be changed, ‘cuz the stubborn gene has been activated.
May Day to drive it off the lot would be nice…if not earlier.
Sponsored