BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea it’s supposedly sitting at the rail yard in Houston. They haven’t called me much or updated me in the year since I ordered it. I have to ask them everything. Even then they take a while to answer. Last 2 weeks felt like playing hide and seek with the dealer.
Keep an eye on your Ford tracking. The minute mine showed DELIVERED, I called the dealer to arrange to pick it up the next day. It won't give your dealer a chance to sell it from under you. Sucks that that has happened too many times. Price and financing are another story.

Ford Maverick Any advice before I go pickup? Screenshot_20230122_110159_Gallery
Sponsored

mrothe570

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Lexus IS300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Never had a call from my dealer other than letting me know they had a Maverick order "turn downed by the customer" and was I interested in paying over MSRP for one that was not close to what I ordered. Never had a single email from Ford, all my info has come from Ford Chat or Ford customer service. I was left out of the loop as well when somehow my SIBL got changed to a DIBL without my knowledge and Ford said that it was the dealer who changed it but the dealer claims they do not know what happened. Just letting you know you are not the only one being left in the dark.
Thanks for this reply.

I should actually say that any time I've reached out to my dealer, they've been great about talking to me about my order. No matter where it's been at in the ordering process. I think the "issues" I'm having can be attributed to a new(ish) salesman more than anything.

rJay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Atlas Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess I'm lucky my dealer didn't screw me over. I'm reading so many horror stories on here. I'm sorry y'all are going through those things.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah. I'm gonna need to stop by on Monday to check things out and make sure I'll know when it's in. Just from how little contact I've had from him, even when updates were clearly available, I'm a little on edge going into this. I ordered with lux package, alto blue color... It's an appealing truck and they can probably get a crazy markup out of it. I'm just nervous is all!
Just drop in and have them pull up their Visibility report and see what status is on your order. If it says "In Transit" it's on the transporter truck on the way to your dealer (but they may have 1 or more stops before it gets to you). Mine had an ETA there too that slipped out once- then the truck arrived earlier than the newest ETA, lol. Mine actually was dropped off overnight and I was driving by every day looking for it and saw it before the dealership even opened the next day. I had previously Texted my sales guy and asked him not to let them take around back for the PDI stuff until I could come by and look for any possible transit damage. He did, I looked at it and all was good. They had it cleaned up later same day, I test drove it, completed sale and drove it home :cool:

Hope your experience goes as well!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess I'm lucky my dealer didn't screw me over. I'm reading so many horror stories on here. I'm sorry y'all are going through those things.
keep in mind there's been over 100k Mavericks sold and the bad experiences on here are a tiny % of the total vehicles.

Sponsored

Bill Quattlebaum

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I have plenty of closer dealers near me than driving 1 hr to buy it.

I did have a trade in but the maverick took so long the transmission blew up and I have been waiting 2 months for it to be fixed under warranty. So I will just have to sell it later whenever it comes back.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully, your luck will change to the better soon!

27DTunes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lydia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Lincoln MKC, ‘23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Funny, I am about to get my Maverick from Mac Haik Houston on I10. Smooth experience so far. They promised no adds, signed an agreement at order. I wanted to pay a deposit, they said not needed.

I wouldn't buy a car from Autonation if they were free. Their jeep dealership in Katy screwed me hard on service side. Never again with them.
I’m still undecided on where I’ll go for service. I’m not familiar with the service departments for any of the Ford dealerships in and around the Houston area.

My previous vehicle was a Lincoln, so it went to Bayway Lincoln on 45 if I took it to the dealership’s service department at all. Otherwise I just took it somewhere local to me that I could trust.

After my last oil change in my Lincoln, however, I’m VERY leery of going back to my local place because it wasn’t until an hour and 25 miles after I left that it was discovered that they didn’t screw something back in place when they completed my oil change (ahem… Take 5…) they didn’t put back all of the screws that hold in place the cover that keeps debris - rocks and stuff - from getting up inside the engine. Do it was literally dragging on the ground as I drove!!!

I went back, spoke to a manager, and demanded they fix it immediately. They just zip tied it back up and gave me a coupon for half off my next oil change which also expired a month later!!! They still had the screws and everything, but couldn’t be bothered to put them back in.

I’m not going to risk having similar issues with my Maverick, so I’m doing my due diligence to determine where the best place to go is. Any suggestions are welcome! Also sorry for any possible hijacking of the post! 😂

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m still undecided on where I’ll go for service. I’m not familiar with the service departments for any of the Ford dealerships in and around the Houston area.

My previous vehicle was a Lincoln, so it went to Bayway Lincoln on 45 if I took it to the dealership’s service department at all. Otherwise I just took it somewhere local to me that I could trust.

After my last oil change in my Lincoln, however, I’m VERY leery of going back to my local place because it wasn’t until an hour and 25 miles after I left that it was discovered that they didn’t screw something back in place when they completed my oil change (ahem… Take 5…) they didn’t put back all of the screws that hold in place the cover that keeps debris - rocks and stuff - from getting up inside the engine. Do it was literally dragging on the ground as I drove!!!

I went back, spoke to a manager, and demanded they fix it immediately. They just zip tied it back up and gave me a coupon for half off my next oil change which also expired a month later!!! They still had the screws and everything, but couldn’t be bothered to put them back in.

I’m not going to risk having similar issues with my Maverick, so I’m doing my due diligence to determine where the best place to go is. Any suggestions are welcome! Also sorry for any possible hijacking of the post! 😂
Those quick places not putting skid plates back is a common complaint. I typically use Caliber Auto Care and have been happy with them. I'll probably use dealer while under warranty though.

27DTunes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lydia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Lincoln MKC, ‘23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those quick places not putting skid plates back is a common complaint. I typically use Caliber Auto Care and have been happy with them. I'll probably use dealer while under warranty though.
I have a slight memory issue due to a medical condition so completely forgot it was called a skid plate. Thank you for that. For the life of my I just couldn’t recall what it was called! 😂 I’ve never had an issue at the one location it had happened at at. That was the first and the last.

I’m in the Deer Park, La Porte, Pasadena area so anywhere I was to go that isn’t a dealer would be preferably close to the area. I’ll check out Caliber Auto Care as far as my other/former car though if my dad decides he doesn’t want to do it himself. I can’t get it done myself anymore now with the way that I’ve become disabled in recent years.

FESTUS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

GOOD LUCK ON PICKING UP YOUR MAV. Sure hope your dealer isnt like a lot of them out there A REGULAR SCUM BAG. Hope they treat you right and stick to their word

Sponsored
OP
OP

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Palisade, Model X, Ioniq 5
Engine
Undecided
Well finally got my buyers order and fees are really reasonable but they wanted 1k in dealer add ons. I called my salesman to ask and he said I can decline and the add ons were paint protection and anti theft. I declined them, so I guess we will see when I go pick it up if that's true. I knew they were going to try and do this and I was right.

Edit: they also add something called a consumer benefits package for 199. Probably won't ever use it since its a 2 hr round trip each time I want to use any of the benefits. Im not sure if I can take it off either.
Ford Maverick Any advice before I go pickup? 1674499425635

Last edited:

rJay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Atlas Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well finally got my buyers order and fees are really reasonable but they wanted 1k in dealer add ons. I called my salesman to ask and he said I can decline and the add ons were paint protection and anti theft. I declined them, so I guess we will see when I go pick it up if that's true. I knew they were going to try and do this and I was right.

Edit: they also add something called a consumer benefits package for 199. Probably won't ever use it since its a 2 hr round trip each time I want to use any of the benefits. Im not sure if I can take it off either.
1674499425635.png
I also declined all my dealer add-ons. They automatically put almost $1,800 worth on there, plus some Ford maintenance plan thing that was a rip-off for $600. Salesman was a great honest guy, but on this, he did push back and told me that's standard and "most people on the road have those things". Not a great sell. Had them remove every one of those. I wanted a truck for less than $30,000, not a bait and switch.
Sponsored