Any advice before I go pickup?

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Palisade, Model X, Ioniq 5
Engine
Undecided
My maverick is supposed to be ready for pickup next week. I was wondering other than having the transition offer certificate # and the farmers bureau certificate is there anything else I have to worry about?

I was trying to get the buyer's order for the last week and they told me today they need the inventory manager which will be back on Monday to send it out. Is that usually true? I am trying to get the final price so I can get a money order ready, but my dealer has been very non communicative the last 2 weeks. I am worried lately that they are going to not honor their word on MSRP or they just sell it out underneath me. Maybe I am just being paranoid. Never had to really worry about buying a car before.
Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My maverick is supposed to be ready for pickup next week. I was wondering other than having the transition offer certificate # and the farmers bureau certificate is there anything else I have to worry about?

I was trying to get the buyer's order for the last week and they told me today they need the inventory manager which will be back on Monday to send it out. Is that usually true? I am trying to get the final price so I can get a money order ready, but my dealer has been very non communicative the last 2 weeks. I am worried lately that they are going to not honor their word on MSRP or they just sell it out underneath me. Maybe I am just being paranoid. Never had to really worry about buying a car before.
There's a reason that humans have paranoia. It's a survival instinct. The reason you worry is so you address problems beforehand. My dealer told me everything was good, I gave him my certificate # for the special offer and I asked for an invoice for the final price and the special offer won't show. Well, he has 3 or 4 weeks to work on it. At least it's not the day of. So, anticipation of problems is good. Make sure he has his ducks in a row.

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My dealer wanted us get insurance on it before we signed the papers. I said no, I can’t insure something that’s not mine yet. Okay we closed the deal but had to insure it before they released it to me. No biggie…

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They always say, make sure you come in early and plan to spend the better part of the day, even if it only takes a few hours. Make sure you eat and bring a jacket. Review your credit is unfrozen and you’re comfortable with what’s in the various scores, even if you’re planning on paying cash.

Financing is where the dealership makes a majority of their money. Never tell them you’re not planning on financing with them, until it’s time to sign.

Make sure you tell them that you want basic PDI, nothing that cost more money. Some dealers like to add dealership profit enhancers to vehicles, like paint coating, anti-theft, window tint.

If you’re buying out of state, make sure they have temp. tags and I would pressure them to get you something in writing with the final price, before you go in.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

HotJombalya

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They always say, make sure you come in early and plan to spend the better part of the day, even if it only takes a few hours. Make sure you eat and bring a jacket. Review your credit is unfrozen and you’re comfortable with what’s in the various scores, even if you’re planning on paying cash.

Financing is where the dealership makes a majority of their money. Never tell them you’re not planning on financing with them, until it’s time to sign.

Make sure you tell them that you want basic PDI, nothing that cost more money. Some dealers like to add dealership profit enhancers to vehicles, like paint coating, anti-theft, window tint.

If you’re buying out of state, make sure they have temp. tags and I would pressure them to get you something in writing with the final price, before you go in.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Could you explain what PDI is?

Sponsored

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Could you explain what PDI is?
A pre-delivery inspection (PDI) is the final check a dealer performs on a car before it can be sold to a customer. It is a comprehensive inspection of the vehicle to make sure it is ready to be driven on the road.

mrothe570

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Lexus IS300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm really antsy that I'm going to get screwed out of my order. I didn't even know that I was getting my vehicle yet until a week and a half ago. And it's since been built and shipped, with a loose ETA of 02/02-02/08. Anyone else been left out of the loop like this?

HotJombalya

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A pre-delivery inspection (PDI) is the final check a dealer performs on a car before it can be sold to a customer. It is a comprehensive inspection of the vehicle to make sure it is ready to be driven on the road.
Thank you!

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Uh, that's not exactly the case.

You can put insurance on a vehicle you're picking up in the future. Give them the VIN number and effective date.

My dealer wanted us get insurance on it before we signed the papers. I said no, I can’t insure something that’s not mine yet. Okay we closed the deal but had to insure it before they released it to me. No biggie…

Sponsored

27DTunes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lydia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Lincoln MKC, ‘23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Absolutely not true! My sales representative an the sales manager both sent me the buyer’s order several days in advance. The sales manager even included a copy of the window sticker, invoice, and purchase agreement. He also asked me to sign the purchase agreement and buyer’s order as well as signed it himself before handing me the physical copy and sending it to both me and the sales rep via email. It’s totally possible!

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Uh, that's not exactly the case.

You can put insurance on a vehicle you're picking up in the future. Give them the VIN number and effective date.
Agreed but why would I insure I don’t own yet. Liberty mutual basically said take ownership so when you figure out who the payee is (loan company) then we’ll do it.

h20mxracer222

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade EXT and Toyota 4runner Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm really antsy that I'm going to get screwed out of my order. I didn't even know that I was getting my vehicle yet until a week and a half ago. And it's since been built and shipped, with a loose ETA of 02/02-02/08. Anyone else been left out of the loop like this?
My salesman hasn't been very good at communicating with me. I ordered mine in Sept. Only updates I've gotten was from the Ford emails. My salesman hasn't called or contacted me once since I ordered. I've stopped in multiple times to check in with him. He didn't even know I had a build date. I stopped in this week to tell him it's been shipped and to expect it mid Feb. He had no idea what was going on. I'm learning it's good to always be pro active.

OP
OP

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Palisade, Model X, Ioniq 5
Engine
Undecided
Absolutely not true! My sales representative an the sales manager both sent me the buyer’s order several days in advance. The sales manager even included a copy of the window sticker, invoice, and purchase agreement. He also asked me to sign the purchase agreement and buyer’s order as well as signed it himself before handing me the physical copy and sending it to both me and the sales rep via email. It’s totally possible!
The cynic in me thinks they are waiting for the inventory manager to see which add on they will add when they told me they wouldn’t do any of that when I ordered. But I guess I will see Monday.

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The cynic in me thinks they are waiting for the inventory manager to see which add on they will add when they told me they wouldn’t do any of that when I ordered. But I guess I will see Monday.
You got the right attitude, they will try to sell you everything under the sun during closing… it’s their job… repeated polite nos go a long way…
Sponsored