Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They tried sell me a service plan for oil changes and tire rotation for 36000 miles for 650 bucks… umm the math didn’t work 😂. Especially since you get the first 2 with ford pass points for free!!
Sponsored

mrothe570

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Lexus IS300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My salesman hasn't been very good at communicating with me. I ordered mine in Sept. Only updates I've gotten was from the Ford emails. My salesman hasn't called or contacted me once since I ordered. I've stopped in multiple times to check in with him. He didn't even know I had a build date. I stopped in this week to tell him it's been shipped and to expect it mid Feb. He had no idea what was going on. I'm learning it's good to always be pro active.
Yeah. I'm gonna need to stop by on Monday to check things out and make sure I'll know when it's in. Just from how little contact I've had from him, even when updates were clearly available, I'm a little on edge going into this. I ordered with lux package, alto blue color... It's an appealing truck and they can probably get a crazy markup out of it. I'm just nervous is all!

27DTunes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lydia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Lincoln MKC, ‘23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The cynic in me thinks they are waiting for the inventory manager to see which add on they will add when they told me they wouldn’t do any of that when I ordered. But I guess I will see Monday.
I sure hope that’s not the case…

Funny thing is I was originally told they do tint and wheel locks when I ordered, but when I got the call that it had come in to the rail yard on the other side of Houston, he asked if wanted those. At first I said yes to the tint then changed my mind later when my dad who co-signed for me said he’d get it done for me somewhere else later on. So I almost ended up with that situation.

I was also worried for a while that they were going to try to force us to finance through them. Thankfully they didn’t.

OP
OP

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Palisade, Model X, Ioniq 5
Engine
Undecided
Funny thing is I was originally told they do tint and wheel locks when I ordered, but when I got the call that it had come in to the rail yard on the other side of Houston, he asked if wanted those. At first I said yes to the tint then changed my mind later when my dad who co-signed for me said he’d get it done for me somewhere else later on. So I almost ended up with that situation.

I was also worried for a while that they were going to try to force us to finance through them. Thankfully they didn’t.
Yea it’s supposedly sitting at the rail yard in Houston. They haven’t called me much or updated me in the year since I ordered it. I have to ask them everything. Even then they take a while to answer. Last 2 weeks felt like playing hide and seek with the dealer.

27DTunes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lydia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea it’s supposedly sitting at the rail yard in Houston. They haven’t called me much or updated me in the year since I ordered it. I have to ask them everything. Even then they take a while to answer. Last 2 weeks felt like playing hide and seek with the dealer.
I didn’t get any communication from the dealership between placing the order and when it arrived at the rail yard at all myself.

I will say that there is a shortage of drivers for the trucks that deliver all the vehicles to dealerships from the rail yard nationwide. A very good friend of mine who works at Durrett Motor Company off I-45 even confirmed that for me. That makes it take a bit longer sometimes for vehicles to get fromrail yards to dealerships for people to get their vehicles. Also once those vehicles are assigned to a truck, they cannot be transported by any other truck.

I found out yesterday morning that the truck assigned to transport mine broke down and would take over a week to be repaired before it would be able to deliver the Mav to the dealership, so the sales manager got clearance for the sales rep to go pick it up and drive it to the dealership himself so I could complete my purchase.

Maybe you could try to see what the holdup is, and if it’s something similar they could possibly do the same for you if the have similar customer service values.
I would hope so…

Either way I really hope and pray that your wait ends very VERY soon and with the desired results!

Sponsored

BlueSpec1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT 2.5L, 22 Escape Plug In, 23 Bolt EUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sure hope that’s not the case…

Is that Mac Haik on I10 ?

27DTunes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lydia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is that Mac Haik on I10 ?
No it was AutoNation on I-45S. They’d said they did tint and wheel locks for $495 after arrival at the dealership. I originally tried to order with Mac Haik in Pasadena but was told it would go in as a stock. So I quietly went to take my business to AutoNation where I’d heard better things despite a Mac Haik guy being a member of the same credit union where my Mav was financed through and who did vehicle sales for them.

BlueSpec1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT 2.5L, 22 Escape Plug In, 23 Bolt EUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No it was AutoNation on I-45S. They’d said they did tint and wheel locks for $495 after arrival at the dealership. I originally tried to order with Mac Haik in Pasadena but was told it would go in as a stock. So I quietly went to take my business to AutoNation where I’d heard better things despite a Mac Haik guy being a member of the same credit union where my Mav was financed through and who did vehicle sales for them.
I was told by Mac Haik Pasadena I'd have to put down $1K deposit. Planet Ford 69 wanted $500.
I passed on those since I didn't know if they'd tack on last minute add ons.

OP
OP

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I was told by Mac Haik Pasadena I'd have to put down $1K deposit. Planet Ford 69 wanted $500.
I'm at planet Ford i45. I only ordered it from them because I went to test drive one they had on their lot and they wanted 3k markup plus 2k in add ons. I told them no and I was about to leave when they said they don't add anything on it I ordered and no markup so I said why not. Looking back it was bad decision since I live in sugar land area.

27DTunes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lydia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I signed a document for a $500 deposit as part of the paperwork when I placed my order, but never actually paid a deposit. Neither dealership asked me for one. Both said zero deposit whether paperwork said there was one or not.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm at planet Ford i45. I only ordered it from them because I went to test drive one they had on their lot and they wanted 3k markup plus 2k in add ons. I told them no and I was about to leave when they said they don't add anything on it I ordered and no markup so I said why not. Looking back it was bad decision since I live in sugar land area.
Sugarland is too far? :ROFLMAO:

I ordered from a dealer 1000 miles away! :rolleyes: But it is also only 30 miles from my brother's house, so I'll enjoy a visit with him when I go pick up my pickup. (Assuming it ever comes in...)

Bill Quattlebaum

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My maverick is supposed to be ready for pickup next week. I was wondering other than having the transition offer certificate # and the farmers bureau certificate is there anything else I have to worry about?

I was trying to get the buyer's order for the last week and they told me today they need the inventory manager which will be back on Monday to send it out. Is that usually true? I am trying to get the final price so I can get a money order ready, but my dealer has been very non communicative the last 2 weeks. I am worried lately that they are going to not honor their word on MSRP or they just sell it out underneath me. Maybe I am just being paranoid. Never had to really worry about buying a car before.
If you have a trade in, you might want to transfer your tag. That can save you some money. Also, beware of added dealer fees. Some dealers charge $500 or more for fees. In South Carolina you pay sales taxes, also.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Funny, I am about to get my Maverick from Mac Haik Houston on I10. Smooth experience so far. They promised no adds, signed an agreement at order. I wanted to pay a deposit, they said not needed.

I wouldn't buy a car from Autonation if they were free. Their jeep dealership in Katy screwed me hard on service side. Never again with them.

OP
OP

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Sugarland is too far? :ROFLMAO:

I ordered from a dealer 1000 miles away! :rolleyes: But it is also only 30 miles from my brother's house, so I'll enjoy a visit with him when I go pick up my pickup. (Assuming it ever comes in...)
Well I have plenty of closer dealers near me than driving 1 hr to buy it.

If you have a trade in, you might want to transfer your tag. That can save you some money. Also, beware of added dealer fees. Some dealers charge $500 or more for fees. In South Carolina you pay sales taxes, also.
I did have a trade in but the maverick took so long the transmission blew up and I have been waiting 2 months for it to be fixed under warranty. So I will just have to sell it later whenever it comes back.

crunchie_frog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT 2.0 4K, 1999 & 2000 5.0 AWD Mountaineers
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm really antsy that I'm going to get screwed out of my order. I didn't even know that I was getting my vehicle yet until a week and a half ago. And it's since been built and shipped, with a loose ETA of 02/02-02/08. Anyone else been left out of the loop like this?
Never had a call from my dealer other than letting me know they had a Maverick order "turn downed by the customer" and was I interested in paying over MSRP for one that was not close to what I ordered. Never had a single email from Ford, all my info has come from Ford Chat or Ford customer service. I was left out of the loop as well when somehow my SIBL got changed to a DIBL without my knowledge and Ford said that it was the dealer who changed it but the dealer claims they do not know what happened. Just letting you know you are not the only one being left in the dark.
Sponsored