John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion, 2023 Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
  • Banned
Are there any builds completed for vehicles actually ordered in 2023, or are they still building 2022 and the cancelled/re-ordered 2023 trucks that were ordered in 2021 and 2022?
I pulled the trigger and ordered a Hybrid XLT in February, and don't see any means of estimating a realistic delivery date. Is Ford making progress on working through the backlog of orders, or are they still an incredible 100,000 behind? Given that I need to plan for keeping the current vehicle on the road for that unknown amount of time, is it going to be 6 months or 2 years or what?
Sponsored

Daverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

2023 order banks were closed prior to February 2023.
Yes 2023 models are being built, but none of them were ordered in 2023.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
MY23 orders were taken over a 4-5 day period in September. Ford took more hybrid orders than they can build and enough EB orders to last most of the production year.

Call your dealer if you are interested in getting on a list, but the opportunity to order has passed until MY24.

OP
OP

RedRider

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
  • Banned
The Canadian orderes were never closed off like the U.S. ones were. I confirmed this with 2 dealerships. I'm not sure why American are getting more restrictive ordering rules than Canadians.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Canadian orderes were never closed off like the U.S. ones were. I confirmed this with 2 dealerships. I'm not sure why American are getting more restrictive ordering rules than Canadians.
We probably put in a lot more orders? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

2023 order banks were closed prior to February 2023.
Yes 2023 models are being built, but none of them were ordered in 2023.
MY23 orders closed on Sept 22, not Feb 23.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

MY23 orders were taken over a 4-5 day period in September. Ford took more hybrid orders than they can build and enough EB orders to last most of the production year.

Call your dealer if you are interested in getting on a list, but the opportunity to order has passed until MY24.
My 2023 order is built and awaiting shipment. I'm assuming that all MY22 orders that were rolled over correctly (Some dealerships just can't read) have been built.

Daverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2023 order is built and awaiting shipment. I'm assuming that all MY22 orders that were rolled over correctly (Some dealerships just can't read) have been built.
Nope. Allocations still play a role. There are MY22 orders that were rolled over still waiting to be scheduled.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sounds like a completely different ordering system in Canada and they kept taking orders right through today. That said with the small number of hybrids that will be built compared to orders (for US plus Canada) I would ask your dealer what your chances are- in other words how many orders they took and how many allocations they are due.

Sponsored

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

From what I read here the Mavericks were not as popular in Canada so they probably did not receive nearly as many orders- so they did not need to close down the "window." Again none of us know how many they are allocating to Canada versus the US.

sevsev

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT/73 MB 280C/97 Paseo Vert/11 xD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are there any builds completed for vehicles actually ordered in 2023, or are they still building 2022 and the cancelled/re-ordered 2023 trucks that were ordered in 2021 and 2022?
I pulled the trigger and ordered a Hybrid XLT in February, and don't see any means of estimating a realistic delivery date. Is Ford making progress on working through the backlog of orders, or are they still an incredible 100,000 behind? Given that I need to plan for keeping the current vehicle on the road for that unknown amount of time, is it going to be 6 months or 2 years or what?
Assuming you ordered with Kitchener Ford, don't expect anything anytime soon. I'm currently the oldest hybrid order there. Last I heard, they had 10 behind me. It's been a year for me, not scheduled yet.

snowkarver

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60, XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This being the main order forum, and not the one specifically for Canada...

Canadian order banks are open, and never closed. Demand - especially for ecos - is softer up here than was projected and our regional allocation currently exceeds orders. We're actually seeing ecoboost dealer stock (blue stickers) starting to trickle onto lots.

With that said, OP ordered a hybrid which of course is factory constrained and are being delivered at the same rate as U.S. orders, which is to say it's likely to be a year or may never be built at least in MY23. Ecoboosts are another matter, and these are very reliably being built and delivered within about 5-6 months. If you look around the forums and reddit, September orders are mostly being driven now. Mine just arrived at the dealer. A good chunk of Oct-Dec 2022 orders are scheduled. If you switch yours to an eco, you'll almost certainly see it by late summer/early fall. Unfortunately, you may not ever see your 2023 hybrid.

OP
OP

RedRider

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Assuming you ordered with Kitchener Ford, good luck. I'm currently the oldest hybrid order there. Last I heard, they had 10 behind me. It's been a year for me, not scheduled yet.
Sevsev, Thanks for the depressing news. That means I'm not going to last, and with the treadwear indicators showing, I'm going to have to put a new set of Michelin Pilots on the Fusion for the summer. Oh well, its only money that I could have used on the Maverick.
FYI, I ordered through the new Cambridge dealership, even though our (3) current vehicles are serviced at Kitchener Ford. I just liked them better, and I don't like having to wait 4 days for an appointment to do an oil change.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, in a perfect world, Ford would give allocations by the month and dealerships would only order by the month. So, rather than front-loading the order banks, dealerships would know they are getting X hybrids, X EBs, X tremors for May and would schedule to match. Then, you would know you are being scheduled because your dealer reached out to you.
Sponsored