Sponsored

Ford Authority: Fleet orders being built first......

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Below article includes some pretty good info, although some seems to be "old news". Interesting that the first Mavs to be built will apparently be mostly fleets. I assume because of less constraints. Article says all packages have constraints. I also thought it interesting that Lariat EB now comes "standard" with AWD. :) When you go in the build, and select the EB "option", it adds about $2200 to the "base price". Not exactly standard IMHO!!!!
nhttps://fordauthority.com/2022/11/2023-ford-maverick-production-has-already-begun/ews
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nothing stated in the article was new news. In fact, the depopulated key thing only impacts the F-150. As far as I recall, Ford isn't actually doing that with the Maverick.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which at the time was completely unconfirmed with the only thread on the subject being locked down due to it being an unproven rumor. Ford Authority should not be considered a reliable resource.
I think we have members here with build dates in 11/22 and 12/22 already for their 2023MY...and the folks are NOT fleet buyers. "Ford Authority" seems to be headed towards "MotorBiscuit" level of inaccuracy.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think we have members here with build dates in 11/22 and 12/22 already for their 2023MY...and the folks are NOT fleet buyers. "Ford Authority" seems to be headed towards "MotorBiscuit" level of inaccuracy.
Well, Tim mentioned the first handful off the line would be fleet. And that was to be expected. You don't want customer orders to be the ones you tune the tools and processes on. Cook's Pest Control likely doesn't care that there is a seam out of place on a chair. But Ford Authority has proven itself unreliable time and again with people working at dealerships coming on here proving them wrong.

And we have an entire thread of MY22 EBs built two weeks ago being delivered right now and not a one of them mention a depopulated key. So, obviously Ford never did what that blog said they would do.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

And we have an entire thread of MY22 EBs built two weeks ago being delivered right now and not a one of them mention a depopulated key. So, obviously Ford never did what that blog said they would do.
On a related side note, someone kindly posted their 2023 Lariat Hybrid Lux window sticker. I noticed they do not show the Wifi modem at all. No $20 credit, just omitted on the WS.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@fordvideoguy covered this topic during a live stream. The first job of a new MY production allows the production line to "proof" the process and make minor adjustments.

The fleet order guide limits the number of options. Stock orders will allow for more options, but not as many as retail. Since businesses with more money will order more vehicles (over the long run) it makes sense to "keep them happy".

Dealers will get some initial stock orders in MY23 the same as they did in 22. For example, a local dealer received two Ecoboosts late last September so customers could see and handle the new product triggering orders and sales.

For posters wanting to learn more there is an excellent thread at BOF. A search for Ford stock order re framing reveals details. @fordvideoguy also covered the reduction in vehicle configurations for stock orders. Customers view the retail guide online. Dealers access stock and fleet guides through their FMC portal.

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Which at the time was completely unconfirmed with the only thread on the subject being locked down due to it being an unproven rumor. Ford Authority should not be considered a reliable resource.
Ford has not officially announced depopulated key for the Maverick, but it would not surprised me. I have had keys on order sense June with no ETA and Ford stopped taking orders mid-October and have yet to re-open orders.

Ford Maverick Ford Authority: Fleet orders being built first...... 1669775548391
Sponsored