First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just received a letter from Ford saying more or less "oops, when we told you your VIN was NOT part of the gas tank recall inspection program, we were wrong! please schedule as soon as possible."

Are they freak'n kidding me! It's A VIN! it was either in the group or it wasnt.

No fuel leaks, no smell, and no trust in what they are telling us, or not. ive saved both letters so if it blows up the lawyers can have a lot of fun but with the horror stories on the airbag recall damages and now this…….Im not taking it in till they (my dealer and corporate) can demonstrate at least average ability todo the right work on the right truck with the right parts.

End of rant. Still Love my Maverick in every way!
Sponsored

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just received a letter from Ford saying more or less "oops, when we told you your VIN was NOT part of the gas tank recall inspection program, we were wrong! please schedule as soon as possible."

Are they freak'n kidding me! It's A VIN! it was either in the group or it wasnt.

No fuel leaks, no smell, and no trust in what they are telling us, or not. ive saved both letters so if it blows up the lawyers can have a lot of fun but with the horror stories on the airbag recall damages and now this…….Im not taking it in till they (my dealer and corporate) can demonstrate at least average ability todo the right work on the right truck with the right parts.

Interesting post. I didn't know that Ford sent letters to owners telling them their vehicle is not part of a recall.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
unless they expanded the group

OP
OP
Ringo

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting post. I didn't know that Ford sent letters to owners telling them their vehicle is not part of a recall.
It was an e mail in answer to my request for info.

Sponsored

Rod

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You got an official recall notice in the mail. Prior to that you received an email from someone at ford saying they didn’t think your truck was involved with the recall?Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Right hand Not talking to the Left.
I think there is a general problem with hired help these days overall but this is in No way making an excuse for FORD MOTOR COMPANY. As said before, all this with the VIN 🤪!
I could just imagine how pissed I would be if I got home with half a dozen holes hogged out of my engines skid plate and then received another notification that said, Opps, bugger that recall we sent you mate, no worries!
Right…….🤬

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ringo

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You got an official recall notice in the mail. Prior to that you received an email from someone at ford saying they didn’t think your truck was involved with the recall?Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Nope, those were 18 months apart ssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Easy way to check. Take a piece of solid wire like froma coat hanger or something. And poke it down the holes in the front of the bed. Do it while your tank is full. If you the wire goes down more than a few inches and comes up dry. You are probably all good and can sit on your letters. if it comes up wet with gas after going down 18". That would give you reason for concern. If you have the time and dont wish to die a fiery death I would take a look.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

They are expanding the vins #'s that are to be included in the recall. Op's vin # appears to initially be on recall not needed list when first list was mailed out. Now the vin# is included and this letter confirms that. Go online again and verify the vin is now on the recall list!

OP
OP
Ringo

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
my problem with recalls is lack of communication between ford and my dealer. “Yeah, take it to dealer”. “We don’t have the parts yet”. We will call when they come”. In case anyone missed it, I said my post was a rant. You don’t expect rants to do anything. Just a venting for playing phone tag so long that I give up on this minor crap

Columbia defines rant as”to speak, write or shout in a loud, uncontrolled, or angry way, often saying confused or sillythings:

”when all is said and done, more is said than done “ at the dealer

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Ringo

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Easy way to check. Take a piece of solid wire like froma coat hanger or something. And poke it down the holes in the front of the bed. Do it while your tank is full. If you the wire goes down more than a few inches and comes up dry. You are probably all good and can sit on your letters. if it comes up wet with gas after going down 18". That would give you reason for concern. If you have the time and dont wish to die a fiery death

OP
OP
Ringo

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the good suggestion. I did that very thing back when they first announced the possible problem. All solid and no odors so I dont really want someone removing my tank, esp when they say they have order the tank IF there’s a problem. Maybe if I trusted them more I wouldn’t think twice.
Sponsored