Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What happens to these lowered vehicles when you encounter some decently sized roadkill? (Serious question — have always wondered the outcome)
I hit an already dead deer in my lowered Odyssey (4:00am on the way to a bike race)
An 18 wheeler had jumped into my lane to pass another slow truck and I was closer to it than I’d normally be
The deer passed right between its wheels in the middle of the lane
At 70+ mph I had no choice but to hit it head on
Pretty sure the front tires left the ground
It was a big deer
Luckily didn’t damage any major components, just broke my bumper cover and dented the hell out of the underside
Lesson was learned that day, give the trucks their space

IPunchCholla

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 E150, 2014 Leaf
Fair enough.

Come on, man. I expect that from my high school students.
??? your students tell you, their teacher, to look up stuff? That’s funny, I tell my students (college) to look up stuff all the time. Like this thread, I’ll explain a concept, like how airbags work, once or Maybe twice, but after that it is on them to put the effort into understand.

in case you really don’t know what airbagged suspension is:

First link from DDG.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I love this so much. It's more than I would do, but it's amazing. I like straight forward bags. This xD was my last bagged car. Maverick will be next.

Ford Maverick Another bagged / lowered 2022 Maverick pickup build being built 21663_10151565709742135_800597882_n_10151565709742135 (1)

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
I hit a medium sized cat at about 50 that darted out in front of my lowered 00 Civic and it took out the bumper, radiator, several A/C components and the front core support.
“And just like that “now we know what will happen… hate to see what kind of damage a fat squirrel would do?.,

OP
OP
daddio211

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am not impressed with the rear design, maybe a backing plate to sandwich the main plate would be better aswell as partial boxing of the gussets. Otherwise cool. Make mine a hybrid with rear wheel hub motors! I would also like the flex bed sealed and designed as a hot tub.
From the pics it looks like the rear design has some room for improvement. I see a few potential concerns as well but this is still under construction. As with any pioneering effort I'm sure they're designing and improving as they go.

Just...why? RIP ground clearance, possibly warranty...
You either get it or you don't, and that's okay. Many of us grew up in the car community through the 80's, 90's and early 2000's when lowering cars was becoming an art form. What started out with cranking torsion bars and throwing in lowering blocks spawned an entire industry, and many of us were there and responsible for a large part of what it's become. Maybe it's nostalgia, maybe it's stupidity on our part, we don't care.

You mentioned in a later post that you leave your cars stock, so you obviously don't get this lifestyle. It truly is a lifestyle, not just a car modification. We breath and eat this stuff, we live this stuff every day. When you see something like this it isn't the person's "only car", this is a labor of love and the person probably has another dozen cars in various states of building.

Like I said, you get it or you don't. It's okay if you don't but because you don't understand doesn't mean it's the way you think it is.

??? your students tell you, their teacher, to look up stuff? That’s funny, I tell my students (college) to look up stuff all the time. Like this thread, I’ll explain a concept, like how airbags work, once or Maybe twice, but after that it is on them to put the effort into understand.

in case you really don’t know what airbagged suspension is:

^^^THIS!!!^^^

I'm going to borrow your link for the original post if you don't mind.

DreamWeaver21

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What happens to these lowered vehicles when you encounter some decently sized roadkill? (Serious question — have always wondered the outcome)
Years back, I was on a high school trip where we all drove ourselves to the destination. I had a normal S10 and the guy in front of me had one that was super low like 1-2" of clearance. He hit a medium sized dog that was already dead (the cars in front swerved but he didn't see it in time.) His front end bounced up pretty good and the carcass got stuck between the truck and the wheel. He drove a couple of blocks like that. It was a mess.

Not sure the total damage but he could still drive it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
daddio211

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've had the misfortune of doing the same thing. Somehow always with cats, though. Never fun to drag something a few blocks... :sick:

Sponsored

MAC_Detail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its brand new. Give it a little time. With as much buzz as there is with it, the aftermarket will respond. I read on another forum that Eibach is working on 2-3 lowering springs which would be just enough for me honestly.
We are currently working on lowering springs for the FWD application, at the moment we are not looking at lowering for the AWD just lift for now. Targeting 2" front lowering and 3-3.5" rear lowering.

OP
OP
daddio211

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We are currently working on lowering springs for the FWD application, at the moment we are not looking at lowering for the AWD just lift for now. Targeting 2" front lowering and 3-3.5" rear lowering.
This is awesome news, thanks for posting here. Is there any ETA on retail availability?

MAC_Detail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is awesome news, thanks for posting here. Is there any ETA on retail availability?
Not yet as we are still waiting for the rest of the prototype springs. Just keep on eye out on the forums, I'm updating the forum as we work through the development. I will most likely create a specific post when we get to installing the prototypes and get closer to finalizing the kit.

bingee3

First Name
bingee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f150
lowering them ,, no no back in the day of custom rides we who’d have chopped channeled and sectioned these rides
Sponsored