Sponsored

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
I hope a forum member does this but with the back leveled so we can see a write up with some details.. The front I think is a perfect height so that is done. That would be sweet!! Should be doable under 400 I am guessing.
Sponsored

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not my cup of tea.
Just install Smaller wheel and tire from a ford focus. :) for mpg

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you use the right components it can increase the payload and ride quality. The truck highlighted in this thread is not that version. I love the look of lowered vehicles, but I bought this truck to get better around in the winter so I probably wont mess with it.
The Maverick in stock trim with 30.5" tailgate height is exactly perfect for me so I don't have to use our F-150 for most of my truck needs/adventures. I am going with steelies too, and that keeps it exactly the right height I was looking for to suit my short legs and cranky back :cool:

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wo
Someone Lowered a 2022 Ford Maverick Already and It Looks Sick
It's time to embrace slammed mini trucks again.

Lowered 2022 Ford Maverick slammed lowering suspension shocks springs 5.jpg
Lowered 2022 Ford Maverick slammed lowering suspension shocks springs 6.jpg
Lowered 2022 Ford Maverick slammed lowering suspension shocks springs 2.jpg
Lowered 2022 Ford Maverick slammed lowering suspension shocks springs 1.jpg
Lowered 2022 Ford Maverick slammed lowering suspension shocks springs 3.jpg
Lowered 2022 Ford Maverick slammed lowering suspension shocks springs 4.jpg

From: https://www.thedrive.com/news/42904/someone-lowered-a-2022-ford-maverick-already-and-it-looks-sick

October 28, 2021

Judging by the 100,000+ reservations for the new 2022 Ford Maverick, it'd be an understatement to call it well-received in the United States. The truck that's capable of 42 miles per gallon in the city brings the small pickup back into the limelight without sacrificing utility, and with a price tag of just over $20,000, it was only a matter of time before enthusiasts got their hands on one.

That's where Adam Edwards comes in. He's the owner Tedder's Body Shop in Searcy, Arkansas, and it didn't take long for him to become one of the first with a modded Maverick. Within a few days of taking delivery, he found a way to lower it.

Since no company officially makes an aftermarket lowering kit for the Maverick (yet), Edwards had to improvise. He took some measurements of the Maverick strut assembly and went to an auto parts store. After comparing a few options, he left with a pair of struts meant for a sixth-generation Nissan Sentra.

Edwards said that the strut mounted right up after replacing the top mounting cap with the factory Maverick part, and the only modification needed was a small 3/8-inch slotting on the bottom bolt hole.

The rears were a little more complicated. Edwards found a set of rear shocks meant for a number of older Fords ('66 Bronco and late '70s F-Series pickups) that also fit on the Maverick. Then, he cut down the rear springs and replaced the lower spring insulators.

The overall result was a four-inch drop in the front and a six-inch in the rear. In hindsight, Edwards says he wishes he had leveled it out just a bit more by only lowering it five inches in the rear.

This setup is just temporary, though. Edwards' Maverick will be headed to SEMA 2022, complete in mini truck attire. He tells us that he plans to put the truck on air suspension and that his build process will begin sometime in the next week or two. At least he gets to have some fun with a lowered truck on steelies in the interim.

Edwards told The Drive he hopes his project will inspire people to build next-gen mini trucks, and maybe even bring mini truck culture back to its former glory. Before compact pickups stopped being built, the hobby was thriving in all parts of the country. With the introduction of the Ford Maverick and Hyundai Santa Cruz, perhaps we'll see that scene make a comeback sooner than later.

"I believe if the people don’t embrace what we’ve been given here, we might never see a mini truck again," said Edwards. "I’m hoping [that] people adopt these and build them [until] they are as played out as S10s were."
Wouldn’t the SEMA maverick be the first lowered?

Mphsmav901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
He has AWD doesn't he? Just wondering cause the FWD rear shock looks like its going to be the offset decider for me.

If you have the AWD the 20x8.5 at 40 offset will suit you well. It will have 4mm more clearance from shocks then the 275/40/20 and stick out 8mm less. Plus the 245/45/20 tires are the best value 20" tires which is also the stock diameter.
I have the 245/45/20 on a 20x10 wheel and they ride perfectly

Sponsored

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wo

Wouldn’t the SEMA maverick be the first lowered?
SEMA is this week. This would be the first shown to the world. I'm hoping somebody will offer coilovers.

MAC_Detail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
H&R makes lowering springs for the 4th gen Escape which should work with Mavericks and Broncos Sports(although I think that lowering a Bronco Sport is the wrong direction for that vehicle). They can be purchased through TireRack and shipped to you or the shop you want to have install the springs.

The drop is only 1.4 inches.

This dropped Mav is sick and it looks like more than 1.4 inches.
FYI escape/bronco kit sports will not work as the passenger side spring is left hand wound on the mavericks for somee reason. You would have to buy the driver side isolators and then might work.

MAC_Detail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope a forum member does this but with the back leveled so we can see a write up with some details.. The front I think is a perfect height so that is done. That would be sweet!! Should be doable under 400 I am guessing.
We should have PT springs in a few weeks here for the FWD models. Targeting 2" front drop and 3.5" rear drop for level lowering.

Check out Eibach's insta for updates.

https://www.instagram.com/eibach_world/?hl=en

YakoJ

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0 ecoboost FWD
Needs a wide body kit now and a bigger turbo

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We should have PT springs in a few weeks here for the FWD models. Targeting 2" front drop and 3.5" rear drop for level lowering.

Check out Eibach's insta for updates.

https://www.instagram.com/eibach_world/?hl=en
Do you work for Eibach? It's not a terribly far drive for me. I have a hybrid on order, but will happily come pick them up whenever if will call is an option.

Sponsored

MAC_Detail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you work for Eibach? It's not a terribly far drive for me. I have a hybrid on order, but will happily come pick them up whenever if will call is an option.
Yea I work in R&D at Eibach, my guess would be production springs will hit the shelf summerish of 2022 given the current supply chain.

You can order online and pick up at will call.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yea I work in R&D at Eibach, my guess would be production springs will hit the shelf summerish of 2022 given the current supply chain.

You can order online and pick up at will call.

Excellent. I reached out in August. I'll keep an eye out. I'm collecting parts so that when mine arrives, I can spend a weekend putting it all together. I'm in Huntington Beach.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Waiting for first stanced Maverick. That will be super exciting. :sleep:
Sponsored