Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Does anyone else have issue with their android auto completely failing, and won't launch no matter what cable or port they use on the das?
Sponsored

Airrun8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had issues at first but bought a brand new cord and that fixed it. But I still notice if I have my phone plugged in before I start the truck it will not launch.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I assume you tried both the type "C" and old style USB ports with no success. If so I can't help. Read Pixel 6 was problematic but someone posted using an adapter from type "C" to Type "A" and made it work. Good luck with it.

Maui

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Kia Soul Convertble
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I said many bad words using my andriod auto with the $3.99 cords displayed right next to the bong exhibit at the local employees are really high corner store. Then I went to my T-Mobe store and bought a real one. Now it works as it was designed to.

Why don't they make a bong cell phone?

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I had issues at first but bought a brand new cord and that fixed it. But I still notice if I have my phone plugged in before I start the truck it will not launch.
Hi there! Can you send us a message with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I’ll look into this on my end. Thanks!

Sponsored

haakepuck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi there! Can you send us a message with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I’ll look into this on my end. Thanks!
I am having the same issue. Tried the phone issued cord as well as a third-party cord. I tried both the front and rear USB ports. Purchased a new phone about 2 weeks ago and worked fine until today. I have tried it now during two different drives.

Thanks

Rick Haake

VIn #-3FTTW8E35NRA21382. Purchased at HAGGERTY FORD, West Chicago, Illinois.

JohnDLG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had an issue where it wasn't working. I restarted the phone then it worked. Give that a try.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My USB port did not work from day 1. I took it to the dealership and they blamed me for not having the right cord and blamed me for blowing the fuse because I plugged a usb adapter into the cigarette lighter. They then made a service appointment for me to come two days later. After waiting 1-1/5 hrs at the service appointment, the dealership told me they had to order a part. They would call me next week when the part comes in. I hope it is not another service appointment to get the part installed.

On a more positive note, Spotify works through the bluetooth connection. The sound quality is much better than FM.
Sponsored