Android Auto Issue

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When trying to setup Android Auto I can not find any sign of it on the Maverick system. I have read the owners manual and watched videos of it but have not been able to locate the setting to enable Android Auto or Apple Carplay. I have Android Auto loaded on my phone and hardwired and BT connected, at that point I can see some mobile apps but not AA. What am I missing?
Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A few things;
1. Make sure 'Do Not Disturb' is NOT enabled when you connect the phone. This suppresses the prompts and on some phones, it prevents Android Auto from starting.
2. Connect the phone the first time after starting the truck. Radio can be off or on. I have an older Samsung phone that wouldn't set up correctly until I did this the first time. Once its set up, it works without issue every time now.
3. If the Android Auto stuff doesn't pop up automatically, tap the Phone button, and see if it prompts to connect. If so, you should see a 2nd option to connect Android Auto.

OP
OP
ShadowBlack XL440

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A few things;
1. Make sure 'Do Not Disturb' is NOT enabled when you connect the phone. This suppresses the prompts and on some phones, it prevents Android Auto from starting.
2. Connect the phone the first time after starting the truck. Radio can be off or on. I have an older Samsung phone that wouldn't set up correctly until I did this the first time. Once its set up, it works without issue every time now.
3. If the Android Auto stuff doesn't pop up automatically, tap the Phone button, and see if it prompts to connect. If so, you should see a 2nd option to connect Android Auto.
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried this with no luck until I tried a different phone and it worked. My truck just does not like my Kyocera DuraForce but did work with a Samsung phone.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had an issue today. Phone plugged in using same cable as normal. No connection. Phone had message could not connect to screen. Tried different cable and got the same thing. Both of these worked previously. After stopping for about 15 minutes both cables worked. Go figure.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Had an issue today. Phone plugged in using same cable as normal. No connection. Phone had message could not connect to screen. Tried different cable and got the same thing. Both of these worked previously. After stopping for about 15 minutes both cables worked. Go figure.
Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this phone connection concern for you? Thank you!
Sponsored