First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There still seems to be a lot of misinformation about getting Coolwalk. It has nothing to do with the version of Android Auto on your phone, your trucks software, your phone carrier or anything else that is within your control. It is simply enabled by Google server side for you. You can't do anything to get it. It's up to Google.

I finally got it a few days ago. I have been a Google everything person for over a decade. Always have Pixel/Nexus phones. Use Chromebook as primary computer. It is aggravating that this is the way Google decides to do things. Even their most loyal customers get past over. I have been trying to get into the beta forever and have beta tested many of their products in the past too.

It still has a lot of bugs to work out. I hate that it keeps popping up my Tidal app when I don't want it there. Going between full screen and tiled mode is clunky, like if you wanted to expand your map from tile mode. The lack of integration with the FM radio is very annoying. There has to be a way to make this happen. I get that most younger and more urban/suburban people are basically just streaming music these days, but some of us slightly older people in rural areas do still use the radio regularly. I really hate that I am being pushed towards this future. The radio is basically an afterthought.
Sponsored

Noahma

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There still seems to be a lot of misinformation about getting Coolwalk. It has nothing to do with the version of Android Auto on your phone, your trucks software, your phone carrier or anything else that is within your control. It is simply enabled by Google server side for you. You can't do anything to get it. It's up to Google.

I finally got it a few days ago. I have been a Google everything person for over a decade. Always have Pixel/Nexus phones. Use Chromebook as primary computer. It is aggravating that this is the way Google decides to do things. Even their most loyal customers get past over. I have been trying to get into the beta forever and have beta tested many of their products in the past too.

It still has a lot of bugs to work out. I hate that it keeps popping up my Tidal app when I don't want it there. Going between full screen and tiled mode is clunky, like if you wanted to expand your map from tile mode. The lack of integration with the FM radio is very annoying. There has to be a way to make this happen. I get that most younger and more urban/suburban people are basically just streaming music these days, but some of us slightly older people in rural areas do still use the radio regularly. I really hate that I am being pushed towards this future. The radio is basically an afterthought.

The radio thing drives me nuts, but I do not think its Google's issue. Other infotainment systems leave a small space on the screen for their software to be able to change things. IE Jeep has a bottom bar with different parts of their system to be accessed like the radio, climate control ect without leaving android auto, it feels much more integrated. All ford really gives us is an "Exit" button that does not work half the time to return to the infotainment / sync screen to adjust things. In my Escape all I had to do was press the tuner button on the dash and it would switch to the radio. The Maverick does not have this button. Bit of a pain.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got it today. Slick looking. It seems to take over my phone calls. I couldn't hang up. My phone is an old Kyocera running android 9. Still can't get the MA1 dongle to work. I think my phone is just too old.

bckrupps

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got it today. Slick looking. It seems to take over my phone calls. I couldn't hang up. My phone is an old Kyocera running android 9. Still can't get the MA1 dongle to work. I think my phone is just too old.
MA1 requires Android 11 or higher due to certain wireless protocols added to Android 11 and above.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The radio thing drives me nuts, but I do not think its Google's issue. Other infotainment systems leave a small space on the screen for their software to be able to change things. IE Jeep has a bottom bar with different parts of their system to be accessed like the radio, climate control ect without leaving android auto, it feels much more integrated. All ford really gives us is an "Exit" button that does not work half the time to return to the infotainment / sync screen to adjust things. In my Escape all I had to do was press the tuner button on the dash and it would switch to the radio. The Maverick does not have this button. Bit of a pain.
If you push the Speaker button, next to Vol, it will go to this screen. Then push Audio to go back to what you were listening to.

Ford Maverick Android Auto "COOLWALK"  split screen (public stable release) working on my base XL Maverick! PXL_20230210_014617958

Sponsored

Noahma

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you push the Speaker button, next to Vol, it will go to this screen. Then push Audio to go back to what you were listening to.

PXL_20230210_014617958.jpg
Well damn, learn something new every day Thanks!!! That will save some annoyances for other things

QuesoEnFuego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got it today in Portland Oregon. Pixel 6a. I like it

GodFatherofTech

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Vette, '69 C10, HD Trike
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Quick review of Coolwalk with Motorola MA1 and AAWireless

I started with the Motorola MA1 and it has been great. I learned the AAWireless could adjust the DPI, so I figured it was worth a shot.

Removed the MA1 and installed and AA and started mucking with the DPI settings. Settled on a DPI of 140 and I am very pleased with it. The icons on the bottom are moved to the left and the clock moves from the bottom right corner to the top left.

I have attached the MA1 look and the new AAWireless look with the adjusted DPI to 140.

Ford Maverick Android Auto "COOLWALK"  split screen (public stable release) working on my base XL Maverick! PXL_20230212_204709019

Motorola MA1 with Coolwalk

Ford Maverick Android Auto "COOLWALK"  split screen (public stable release) working on my base XL Maverick! PXL_20230212_205207648

AAWireless with Coolwalk @ 140 DPI (sorry for the glare of the sun)

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had a glitch over the weekend and Waze was working with an overlay. I say overlay because the search function and speed were hiding under the righthand pages.
Ford Maverick Android Auto "COOLWALK"  split screen (public stable release) working on my base XL Maverick! 20230303_132113

Sponsored

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Update for me causes a lot of lag and a lot of restarting of the console :( I have a Pixel 7 too so its not like the phone is shitty lol Prior to this update, I had to restart ONCE the entire year and now its like at least once a week. Google maps just freezes

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update for me causes a lot of lag and a lot of restarting of the console :( I have a Pixel 7 too so its not like the phone is shitty lol Prior to this update, I had to restart ONCE the entire year and now its like at least once a week. Google maps just freezes
That sucks.
No issues on my Sync 3 and Pixel 6 Pro.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a glitch over the weekend and Waze was working with an overlay. I say overlay because the search function and speed were hiding under the righthand pages.
20230303_132113.jpg
I could live with that- Making the search bar vanish and be able to see more map zoomed out with out the ridiculous (Recenter) notification.

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I could live with that- Making the search bar vanish and be able to see more map zoomed out with out the ridiculous (Recenter) notification.
I do like having the current speed limit reminder though. Forscan still seems to have an issue with '23 Hybrids so I haven't been able to set up TSR.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Galaxy S21 5G on Verizon. After randomly updating AA, I noticed a new setting in my phone's AA settings; Taskbar widgets, so out to the truck I went and there it was...Coooooooooolwalk. Pretty cool, but It's going to take some getting used to, looking for the time and outside temperature at the bottom of the screen. I hope future updates allow to move the taskbar to the left, right or top of the screen.
Sponsored