Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm not sure that it's carrier specific, especially something that play store related.

That said, darned if I know where the switch is for cool walk.
While I agree, I also know that carriers have the ability to restrict certain feature sets, even within independent software.
Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Find something: https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...first-users-no-good-coolwalk-news-209066.html

"In terms of the Coolwalk availability, it obviously doesnā€™t bring any kind of improvement, as the redesigned Android Auto experience is controlled by Google with a server-side rollout. This means that users are only getting the Coolwalk interface when the search company enables the update on their devices, and manually installing a specific build of Android Auto canā€™t change anything.

Google hasnā€™t shared an ETA as to when it plans to make the Coolwalk redesign broadly available to users out there. The rollout is making progress, and thereā€™s a chance the company would accelerate the release pace once the reliability data it collects indicates a low likelihood of bugs. In the meantime, more apps are being updated with support for the redesigned Android Auto UI, with Waze being the latest big name that is capable of running in the card-based UI. The latest beta build of Waze supports Coolwalk, and the same improvement is expected to go live for the stable channel in the coming weeks."

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmmm... S21 5G user here stilll waiting....

OP
OP
paneubert

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very few people have it yet. Check out the poll in this article.

https://9to5google.com/2023/01/16/android-auto-coolwalk-poll/
Good to see some confirmation that is is not just me. I mean.....not happy that others also don't have it, but still good to see it is not just me.

I would take issue with their claim in the article that "It appears to be account-based rather than tied to a specific app version...."

I am a good example of that being proven wrong since I had it on my S20 and lost it when upgrading to the S22. Same Google Account, all data automatically transferred from old phone to new phone. Same SIM card and phone number for crying out loud. The only change is the physical phone and the unique IMEI number associated with the phone.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still not live for me yet on an SGS21 with 8" Sync 3.

Sponsored

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Coolwalk showed up this morning for me. Looks good so far and glad the split screens can be easily removed for the full size maps when needed. I would like the time displayed a little larger and at the top of the screen instead of at the bottom corner. It may take a little time to figure the settings before knowing for sure how I like it.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Coolwalk showed up this morning for me. Looks good so far and glad the split screens can be easily removed for the full size maps when needed. I would like the time displayed a little larger and at the top of the screen instead of at the bottom corner. It may take a little time to figure the settings before knowing for sure how I like it.
Got it this morning, too! I like it (y)

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I also got it this morning! Love not having to choose between map and music

OP
OP
paneubert

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got it this morning, too! I like it (y)
I also got it this morning! Love not having to choose between map and music
You all are going to make me go out to start my truck, aren't you.......

Sponsored
OP
OP
paneubert

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep.. unless it's cold where you are, then wait lol
Already loaded up the bed for a dump run happening later this morning. But the loading happened yesterday. Have not braved the cold yet this morning. Will report back in a couple hours. Sounds like if 3 of us on this forum got it at the same time, that is a pretty strong indicator the floodgates may have opened for wide distribution.

OP
OP
paneubert

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't know if this is related, but I just manually ran a check on my phone and there is a new "Google Play System" (or whatever it is called) version available. I manually installed it and it is forcing a restart of my phone. I believe prior to this, we all were reporting the current version was dated from last November.

Edit: And another one. Always pays to go back and check even after you just updated. This one is less than 1 MB in size. Will keep restarting and checking for more Google updates before I risk starting my truck. Haha. And yes, I know CoolWalk is a server side thing.....so these updates should not have any impact on if I get CoolWalk (again).

Last edited:

Jtuc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received it this morning as well! Starting up my truck this morning in the bitter cold of Michigan, I was warmed to see the new interface on my screen šŸ”„

OP
OP
paneubert

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
YARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......still don't have it. What the heck Google. This is getting into the territory of a bug in the system since I had it on my old phone, yet don't on my new phone. If it is account based, there is no reason why I should have even lost it. Ohh well, happy for the rest of you. Haha.

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

:D Pleasant suprise for me today - I just upgraded my phone from a Galaxy S8 Active to a S21 FE

Ford Maverick Android Auto "COOLWALK"  split screen (public stable release) working on my base XL Maverick! 1-20230201_160937
Sponsored