sunismymed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 xl
Engine
Undecided
Same thing the dealers think but many call that unscrupulous. Double standard 🤔
Not at all. Dealers have an obligation to their customers, messing with a deal in order to sell at a higher price can be found as fraud, and certainly opens them up to a claim of unjust enrichment whereby they lose their profit to the party they failed to protect. Also, Dealers operate under a complex agreement with Ford MC - and likely risk their franchise investment each time they do something underhanded.

If someone buys anything, and the market goes up, they enjoy the market price. Just as they suffers when the price goes down. If a dealer has a vehicle in stock and did nothing underhanded then the dealer can enjoy the market, so long as Ford MC doesn't mind. If the dealer was underhanded, it's up to the original customer to say something, and only the most reckless dealer would risk such a fight. Sadly, there may be some dealers who test the waters to see which customers are willing to take it.
Sponsored

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I paid $248K for my house, Market value is well over $500K now. Am I a bad guy if I sell it at market valve? I do feel for people trying to buy off the lot, but, supply and demand are what drives our Country's economy. So it is hard for me to get upset at anyone doing this. Jealous because I didn't order multiple Mavericks and sell all but the one I want to keep. Absolutely!
Would you want to sell that gorgeous F-150 of yours? I drool every time I see the photo come up for it. Nice ride, man!

sunismymed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 xl
Engine
Undecided
Im an athiest but there was this guy, long time back. think his name was Heyzuse, he used be real down on people being greedy for the sake of being greedy. He said it was some kind of sin.
He said "give it to Caeser" - and now it's easy cause Caesar just takes it.

Im not into all the religion stuff. I just want the world to be a better place, so I have never and will never take advantage of someone like that just to get myself ahead in a game that shouldnt even be played. I dont mind hating the player, the game, the ref, the fans, or the grass on the field because its too dang smooth to be trusted.
It seems you're conflating crookedness with market swings. The best way to make the world a better place is to invent something, or make a better process, be more efficient. Wealth lifts up mankind. Hating anyone merely for success is wrong and a waste of your own energy. Hating someone for buying off politicians for tax advantages or special laws, that's OK.

May we all get our Mavericks soon!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

He said "give it to Caeser" - and now it's easy cause Caesar just takes it.

It seems you're conflating crookedness with market swings. The best way to make the world a better place is to invent something, or make a better process, be more efficient. Wealth lifts up mankind. Hating anyone merely for success is wrong and a waste of your own energy. Hating someone for buying off politicians for tax advantages or special laws, that's OK.

May we all get our Mavericks soon!
Something tells me the guy with a detached heated garage in his back yar isnt lifting up mankind with his $10,000 profit. He is pouring a concrete driveway. :ROFLMAO:

Anyone who amasses more money than they need plus say a %10-15 happiness fee and doesnt use that excess to "lift up mankind" is a bit of a dick. They know it, thats why they need the money to measure it with.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same thing the dealers think but many call that unscrupulous. Double standard 🤔
You are right on this. It is a double standard. When we as individuals "buy low sell high" we are happy. When someone else (like a dealer) does it, we are calling them unscrupulous.

The underlying issue isn't the dealer, it's the model. Econ 101 teaches us about supply and demand curves, and the "invisible hand" of the market that causes a price and quantity where the demand curve and supply curve intersect. That point, for the Maverick is at a HIGHER price than what the market price is. The causes of this, whether component shortages (which shift the supply curve to the left resulting in a higher price/lower quantity equilibrium), or enhanced demand (e.g. the demand curve for this vehicle is shifted right due to higher gas prices, resulting in a higher price/higher quantity) is somewhat irrelevant. The important fact is that the true market price for this vehicle should be higher than what it is being sold for. The result is that Econ 101 suggests that if the price is lower than what the market price should be, the result is:
* A shortage of availability
* Lowered quality
* Actors "getting around" the price limit (e.g. dealers adding ADM)
and other not so good stuff (like dealers selling out promised vehicles to other parties at a higher price).

It is what it is. But imagine if instead of the current dealer system, Ford had a system where dealers were paid a fee for providing delivery services, and Ford AUCTIONED OFF each vehicle as it were made. The result would be higher prices but no shortage...those for whom the vehicle had increased value would pay more and get it earlier. Those for whom it didn't have as much economic value would wait and pay less.

Sponsored

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did not check availability but Chapman in Horsham had this one listed for sale on their site today:
Ford Maverick And I thought dealers were bad 126322CE-40BF-4647-800C-E81B322FF5CB

Fast64Ranchero

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted 96 F150, 65 Mustang, 2021 R3
Would you want to sell that gorgeous F-150 of yours? I drool every time I see the photo come up for it. Nice ride, man!
Not right now, it's my daily till the maverick comes in. Thanks for the compliment.

James L. Harrison

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I paid $248K for my house, Market value is well over $500K now. Am I a bad guy if I sell it at market valve? I do feel for people trying to buy off the lot, but, supply and demand are what drives our Country's economy. So it is hard for me to get upset at anyone doing this. Jealous because I didn't order multiple Mavericks and sell all but the one I want to keep. Absolutely!

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wondering how many you can buy and sell in a year without getting a dealer licence.

Sponsored

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am intrigued to see everyone in heated discussions about selling there autos at higher prices.
Auto dealers and Manufactures must be laughing their faces off.
They caused the shortage and they are reaping the rewards all the way to the bank.
Put your energies to hating them for their recklessness.

numike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
42,000 dollars?? For a maverick?
VW's Diess: Electric pickup in U.S. a ‘good idea'

jmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its a free market,,,,no one has to pay his asking price but as I always say there is an ass for every seat.
Sponsored