Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

People have posted like yourself they have "called Ford." What is the number you are calling? What are they able to tell you and what information do you need to provide?
See post #16 right in this thread, as well as many posts all over this forum.
Sponsored

Ih8thew82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT LUX Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Curious about the same I got the confirmation email but never got a free FITS email...
I didn't get the FITS email either but I went to my dealer last week and he showed me the confirmed order on the Ford site. I ordered early October so maybe they sent that email to earlier orders.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
If the customer has a screen shot of where they built their Maverick for the dealer, it will have a date on it - Ford should accept the order and charge the dealer the destination fee. Keep those Maverick owners happy!!
That would be a really good thing to do but the reality is that the Dealer is taking all the flack here, they can let shit slide downhill and if that's one less Mav to fulfill they're probably not complaining and the dealer has to make it right or lose someone.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are good.

Sponsored

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Barbara Hollar

First Name
Me n my mav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
People have posted like yourself they have "called Ford." What is the number you are calling? What are they able to tell you and what information do you need to provide?
Hybrid. i will try calling Ford just to make sure.

Barbara Hollar

First Name
Me n my mav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your dealer should take money off your order or give you something like an extended warranty etc. That’s a hugh fail on their part.
how would you do that? this is my first time ordered the Maverick online. i've always bought at dealership.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
how would you do that? this is my first time ordered the Maverick online. i've always bought at dealership.
I’d tell them how pissed I am and that it is totally their fault. They could help make it right by giving you a discount on the truck or an extended warranty. Maybe free accessories/gift card etc.

OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The original order date is preserved in the system so this order should get pulled and filled quickly. I had this happen with Jim Click Ford and the original order date was June 18th but not ROVP till over a month later. Ford still tracked my order date. I got a build date right away. I cancelled the order because they wanted to price gouge me.
Oct 10, 2021

earlier i posted that i ordered on 6/9/2021, then found out it did not go thru, dealer just re-ordered on 10/7/2021. this time i got the confirmation from Ford. can't wait, super excited
on Nov 15 my dealer emailed me saying i had to resign with buyer agreement form, this was done and submitted to Ford.
This is still confusing as to which date will be selected as the order date 6/9 or 10/7. From Barbara's posts it looks like the order on 6/9 got canceled then a new order on 10/7 was done. So I expect that 10/7 is the order date that Ford will use and with a bunch of Maverick's being scheduled on 12/2 for January builds hopefully she will get a build date for January.

Her dealer is still really crappy as they screwed up her order twice because they had no idea that they had to get the paperwork in for verification (ROVP) and only when Ford informed them to do it or get canceled did they get off their butt.

Sponsored

kpomeraning

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav on order, '17 Focus, '16 Focus, '09 Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered from Montrose Ford and they got me for a $500 deposit. Oh well.
I got my order in at Klaben 11/15 without a deposit, but I've also known my salesperson for 20+ years and this will be my 7th car from him at that dealership. When we asked about ordering a Maverick he stated, "Fords #1 priority is to build vehicles ordered by customers. Some unscrupulous dealerships were ordering vehicles using fake customer names as a way to get inventory on their lots. Because of this, Ford is requiring you to sign the build sheet (or whatever he called it) along with a copy of your driver's license. We'll turn that in and you're good to go." I asked about a deposit or "earnest money" and his comment was that he didn't need it -- "I know I can instantly sell that vehicle if you decide to change your mind."

JackZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Cruz, Ford Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received a confirmation email from Ford after ordering my first hybrid(cactus gray XLT) in September but did not after ordering my second hybrid in October(white XLT). So I called the Ford number listed in this thread. Stayed on hold about 30 minutes but it was worth it. The lady found both of my orders and confirmed they are in process and I will receive both trucks. No build dates but at least I know I have them coming. Also the second hybrid order had the wrong email address so she said that was the problem. She did say not all orders got confirmation emails. Also told me hybrids will start shipping out December 8. So we’ll be a 2 Maverick hybrid family in the months to come.

Hank3

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford's roll out of build on demand is not going very smooth. First the virus, then supply chain issues, now inept dealers.

If this is going to work, Ford's higher echelons will need to step in and have some Come-to-Jesus meetings with the rank and file.
Yeah, I agree that the "build on demand" model needs some serious tweaks. First, Ford should make it very clear what to expect when submitting a reservation, and the actual date that orders will open (I reserved my hybrid on the very first day-- but my dealer told me they couldn't take orders until mid-July). In the reservation system Ford should make it clear that the dealer will be asking them to sign an order, provide a driver's license, and may ask for a deposit. Once the dealer has submitted the order, the customer will get an email from Ford within a week-- and if they do not, here is the process for contacting Ford to confirm that 1) the order was submitted properly, 2) the email address on file is correct, and 3) fix the email issue if necessary. I'm one of those customers who has never received any communication from Ford. But thanks to this forum I learned I could call the 800 number to check my status using my order and sales number. The very nice woman confirmed my order and my email address, but went on to say that a lot of customers were, for some reason, just not getting emails (and yes, I've been checking my junk folder)... which means I've got to reach out to the dealer every couple of weeks to find out if I've got a build date (not yet). Certainly, whatever is going on with emails can be resolved by Ford IT. Hopefully Ford uses this experience (and the experience with the Bronco) as a chance to learn and improve.

Jim53r88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agreed
However, there are a ton of posts on here that detailed the process and quite a few that mentioned reputable dealers. Tim even posted a great video a while back detailing the order process. The number to Ford customer service is mentioned a bunch as well. I went with Chapman, a solid 90 minute drive away rather than the local dealers for my comfort level that they absolutely knew what they were doing plus the pricing was incredible. It stinks for the crappy dealers and something needs to be done but those ordering should not have had blind faith in them. It’s a shame but I knew the process by reading posts on here and Chapman followed it perfectly. Not being critical of anyone or judging anyone but there was plenty of info on this forum to know what to expect when ordering.
I hope everyone that wants a Maverick gets one. My Maverick is awesome and I am so glad to have it. I have zero regrets about my purchase and feel like I got great value for my $33K Out the door.
Ford should penalize the shitty dealers in some way but not having a negative impact on the buyers.
I would be ripping the shitty dealers on every venue on social media. If they suck tell everyone that can read that they suck.
Just my opinion.
I did the exact same thing (went with Chapman Ford) for the same reasons. Very diligent and professional. They have a dedicated ordering team and their procedures are down pat.
Sponsored