And I thought dealers were bad

sunismymed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 xl
Engine
Undecided
... There are loads of parasites and bad actors participating in this market...
So a 'free market' proponent is a 'flat earther'? You're sort of calling names to people that don't agree with your opinion.

Someone reselling at a profit irks you, but is the corrupt way College Admissions are sold/hoarded/privileged in the US fine? Are you OK when fed lawmakers induce volatility into our stock markets, so that they can profit through insider trading loopholes that allow them, & their spouses, to profit on price swings both up and down?

You're angry your truck isn't here, and venting against an insignificant actor when our Nation is filled with crooks. The elephant "got back", don't get yourself worked up over a pimple.
Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My favorite part of any market - Synthetic middlemen inserting themselves into the sales chain for a useless buck.

I see he's fibbing a bit about the MPG too. Nice.
The bucks aren't useless to him apparently. Can't blame a fella for trying. Caveat emptor and all that.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So a 'free market' proponent is a 'flat earther'? You're sort of calling names to people that don't agree with your opinion.
So, I'm just going to assume you haven't dealt much with these people. I'm going to explain that. If you still don't like it, that's fine. I understand it was a mean thing to say.

Flat Earthers and NFT Bros and most of their related ilk (A lot of groups I won't mention because even tenuously linking them to anyone here is gross) argue can most nicely be described as 'disingenuous.' They use a lot of tactics that are mostly aimed at just wearing people out.

Probably the most commonly used tactic is what I like to call perpetual retreat. Rather than pick an argument and stick with it, they'll just pick another one and try to force you to wad through it. Make someone talk about the car market, and then fall back to housing. Make them talk about housing, then fall back to the stock market.

And on and on, until either you find a topic the person isn't comfortable with, they make a minor mistake that means nothing but can be dissected forever, or they just get too damn tired to continue.

And that's what I meant when I brought it up. It had nothing to do with the free market, but to the long path I can see someone's trying to sucker me down and I wont have it.

Take it for what it is.

EDIT: Oh, missed this bit.

You're angry your truck isn't here, and venting against an insignificant actor when our Nation is filled with crooks. The elephant "got back", don't get yourself worked up over a pimple.
My truck is here, actually.

Can't get a video card to save my life though, so you can blame that if you like.

beef

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw,2023 hybrid xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stock market is a far more complex subject, which I expect is why you've retreated to it. I don't want to be nasty, but you're acting a lot like Flat Earthers and NFT Evangelists, trying to drag people around by the nose through complicated arguments you don't have much faith in, in the hopes everyone just gets tired and gives up.

I'm not particularly in the mood for it (Flat earth wins again), so I'll just say that the stock market, like most speculation markets, are a societal tool. So far it has worked out well (Ok for most of us, very well for some of us, and not at all for more than we'd probably like to admit). There are loads of parasites and bad actors participating in this market, but its often hard to spot them until things go tits up, like in the housing market crash (Hey, we're back!) where mortgages were abused or the tech bubble where funds were grossly misallocated by people who probably knew better but didn't care.
Stock market is a far more complex subject, which I expect is why you've retreated to it. I don't want to be nasty, but you're acting a lot like Flat Earthers and NFT Evangelists, trying to drag people around by the nose through complicated arguments you don't have much faith in, in the hopes everyone just gets tired and gives up. Please do not assume you know anything about me. I refuse to get into a pissing match a person like yourself, not worth my time. Have a nice day.

Fast64Ranchero

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted 96 F150, 65 Mustang, 2021 R3
Its really fun when people ignore important details.

If you buy a house, use it, and end up selling it for more, fine. If you buy a house for the express purpose of pumping the price and selling it 2 months later for a 30% markup to someone who's sole problem was he didn't get to the house before you did, you're a parasite.

EDIT: I should clarify that I don't have special knowledge of this guys situation. I don't know, maybe an alligator bit his leg off and he needs the money for medical bills. There's nothing wrong with that.

My suspicion is that isn't the case though. Regardless, my frustration is with scalping, which absolutely does happen (People here have admitted to it) and the people who defend it as some sort of economic driver when really it's just money extraction without providing value.
Most people now do not understand the difference between "need" and "want" No one NEEDS a Maverick, People NEED a vehicle, they WANT a Maverick. Well sometimes WANTS come with a price. No way in hell would I pay $5K over MSRP for one, but some people have the extra money or they WANT it bad enough to pay that.
If no one paid the adjusted over MSRP price, it wouldn't be an issue..
It won't be long and the Maverick will be a dime a dozen and the auto market will revert back to being realistic (at least I hope it will)

Sponsored

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know someone who got 33k for their Hybrid XL, not even XLT.

There is one listed in los angeles for 38k.

Can you blame them though? If you had the opportunity to flip a brand new car and make ANY profit, why not?
Same thing the dealers think but many call that unscrupulous. Double standard 🤔

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is the normal functioning of a free market, nothing more. The truck is his property, he is free to do with it as he pleases. Drives it, park it and just look at it, set it on fire, sell it at a loss. As long as nobody is being coerced there is no problem. If someone is happy to pay that much, who are we to judge them?

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stock market is a far more complex subject, which I expect is why you've retreated to it. I don't want to be nasty, but you're acting a lot like Flat Earthers and NFT Evangelists, trying to drag people around by the nose through complicated arguments you don't have much faith in, in the hopes everyone just gets tired and gives up. Please do not assume you know anything about me. I refuse to get into a pissing match a person like yourself, not worth my time. Have a nice day.
Wait, I just noticed... did you make a sock puppet account just to yell at me?

Holy crap.

Wilky4258

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Dodge Challenger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Someone reselling at a profit irks you, but is the corrupt way College Admissions are sold/hoarded/privileged in the US fine? Are you OK when fed lawmakers induce volatility into our stock markets, so that they can profit through insider trading loopholes that allow them, & their spouses, to profit on price swings both up and down?

Cannot agree more! love the response.

MattG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, B2300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't read all the replies..If I piss everyone off, so be it. I bought my Maverick for 24k. Paid around 2k in taxes etc. I just sold it to a dealer for 7k more than I paid , I pocketed 5k. They now have it listed for 12k above sticker. If you bought your house then flipped it for a profit , would you be mad at yourself? It's the market we are in, get over it. I get it, most of you are waiting on your trucks. Fact of the matter is, no one NEEDS a Maverick. It's not like people are flipping toilet paper or essential needs. The bubble will eventually bust. Be it a Maverick or Volkswagen, if I can make 5k , I'm going to make 5k. I wouldn't pay 5k or even 1k above sticker. I am not everyone though.

Sponsored

beef

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw,2023 hybrid xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
who is yelling ?. Ordered hybrid xlt oct 12. Following since inception. Could not believe some of the comments here. You seem to like stirring up things ?. good luck with that and again have a good day.

Dochatley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If some of you think that Maverick is bad be glad you’re not trying to get a Bronco. Ck this out. DEALER…. MSRP IS $59,205.
Ford Maverick And I thought dealers were bad 65B0AB28-B5BA-4548-B58C-B11BC034336F

2022mavxlt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
I cant see the price for the one posted link wont work for me, but one of the worst ones ive seen there is base xl hyrbid with not a single option posted on FB marketplace in CT for $37,000 sticker was prob around the lowest possible number from factory around $21,500 lolol most the of the dealers around Connecticut are $5,000-$10,000 over sticker price for anything on the lots. Ive been calling around on nissan frontiers as well nissan dealer in ct wanted $7,000 over sticker for a base frontier quad cab 4x4 lol makes you laugh, on the nissan dealers website it says $34,795 and MSRP is crossed out and says call for special discounted price I call and they tell me $7,000 over sticker at $41,795 hahaha its insane out there

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I know someone who got 33k for their Hybrid XL, not even XLT.

There is one listed in los angeles for 38k.

Can you blame them though? If you had the opportunity to flip a brand new car and make ANY profit, why not?
Im an athiest but there was this guy, long time back. think his name was Heyzuse, he used be real down on people being greedy for the sake of being greedy. He said it was some kind of sin.

Im not into all the religion stuff. I just want the world to be a better place, so I have never and will never take advantage of someone like that just to get myself ahead in a game that shouldnt even be played. I dont mind hating the player, the game, the ref, the fans, or the grass on the field because its too dang smooth to be trusted.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If some of you think that Maverick is bad be glad you’re not trying to get a Bronco. Ck this out. DEALER…. MSRP IS $59,205.
I'm convinced the Bronco is some sort of social experiment. It's my personal conspiracy theory. The vehicle itself is nice, everything around it is a train wreck and I just can't help but believe it was intentional.
Sponsored