MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They could do something, they chose not to. Seems simple to not send another vehicle to the offending dealerships. Yeah, that vehicle is constrained, sorry!

Ford has a lot of lawyers, they can’t hold a dealer accountable for giving corporate (a brand over the dealers for) a bad name?

🤔
Do you not understand contractual agreements? If this was easily remedied, they would do so. Ford is not making any extra profit off these deals, only the dealers are. And they are able to do this thanks to their powerful lobbying resulting in franchise laws that tip the scales heavily in their favor. Ford does what they are able to do, but they are bound by the laws and the contracts.
Sponsored

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you not understand contractual agreements? If this was easily remedied, they would do so. Ford is not making any extra profit off these deals, only the dealers are. And they are able to do this thanks to their powerful lobbying resulting in franchise laws that tip the scales heavily in their favor. Ford does what they are able to do, but they are bound by the laws and the contracts.

If that’s the case then Farley shouldn’t have said they were going to do something about it.

No, I don’t understand an agreement I’m not privy to. Contract needs to be renegotiated then

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are working on that, but it is still a ways off.. and again, due to the lobbyists, they probably never will be able to 100% enforce a zero markup business.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are working on that, but it is still a ways off.. and again, due to the lobbyists, they probably never will be able to 100% enforce a zero markup business.

Old Ford and new ford?

Gm did it although for different reasons, mainly to avoid lawsuits

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've found a very good way to negotiate is to play the dealer's game. Act at first like you don't even care about the markup or don't acknowledge it. Pretend like you fell in love with the car but there are a couple things you are skeptical about (IE: Seats aren't too comfortable, something like that). Once you sit down with them and start negotiating and talking money, play dumb and act like you didn't know there were markups and you are in a tough financial situation and can only afford so much. It's 10x harder for a salesman to let a customer walk away in person than it is over the phone/internet.

Sponsored

Powerstroke46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT,velocity blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why are you even comparing a Maverick to a Prius? They aren't even the same classification of vehicle. If I gave my top guys in the field a Prius they would get laughed off the jobsite. And how are they going to move ladders or equipment to another job if I need them to?
Tacoholder obviously doesn't get it.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
I didn't lose a minute of sleep when I sold my 2006 RAV4 for $4000 over Blue Book Value. Value is what people will pay for any item due to demand. If I'm a dealer selling half of what I sold two years ago and my overhead is on the rise, I have no choice but to raise my prices. When was the last time you saw a MSRP on a dozen eggs?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems like some people on here don't understand Ford Motor CO does not own the dealerships and that Ford SELLS each vehicle to the independent dealership when the vehicle transfers from transporter to the dealer lot. Also, MSRP was never intended to be some inflexible legal standard maximum price that dealers must conform to- it was only a way for buyers to have the same starting point in negotiations at every dealership across the country- a "level playing field". Negotiating at, above, or below MSRP is strictly a unique financial transaction between seller and buyer to agree upon. Buyer always has the upper hand because we can choose NOT to deal with a business we think treats us unfairly for any reason and take our business elsewhere.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every day I'm reminded about how we were misled in high school about college degrees vs learning a trade. What a fool I've been.
Depends on your degree. Engineering degree. Job's aplenty $$$
Degree in Fifteenth century art not so much.

Learning a trade is also good.

Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I disagree. The dealer pays a franchise fee based on their profit. Ford gets a piece.

22Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The value/price of something is what someone is willing to pay.
At the dealership I ordered from they had a top of the line bronco marked up over 30k because they wanted to keep it as a showroom piece. Then someone agreed to the 30k markup and it was gone.

The electrical field as seen increased shortages on panels, breakers, meter bases, etc. The prices have reflected those shortages just like vehicles. At least the Maverick is not 2 1/2 times more than what Romex was 2 years ago.
Sponsored

Last edited: