First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hate to be a PSA, but don't call 911 for an auto crash unless someone needs medical attention. Damaged vehicles are not an emergency.
Sponsored

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hate to be a PSA, but don't call 911 for an auto crash unless someone needs medical attention. Damaged vehicles are not an emergency.
Obviously you don't hate it enough to avoid it, oh well. Is that not the job of the first responders to evaluate who is hurt? What if you are unaware of which local agency to call. 911 is there to help.

Last edited:

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, a vehicle immobilized in the roadway (e.g. live freeway lane, the middle of an intersection, etc), a deer dead in the middle of the road at night, etc. are not emergencies that should be attended to promptly?

It's one thing if everyone feels ok and all vehicles can be removed from the roadway under their on power. It's another entirely if traffic is obstructed by vehicles, debris, animals, etc.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used to live in CA and they have signs all over the freeways telling drivers involved in minor accidents to move safely to shoulder or center divide to exchange INS information on your own and not call 911. Seen that in a couple other states I have passed through as well. Common sense should rule here?

Sponsored

Pop2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is that not the job of the first responders to evaulate who is hurt? What if you are unaware of which local agency to call. 911 is there to help.
Then maybe it's a case of "YMMV". I know there are regular stories of "stupid" 911 calls. Maybe the policy varies depending on locality, but no, I don't consider hitting a deer at night or cars blocking a lane of traffic due to a collision to be an "emergency."

From 911.gov:
An emergency is any serious medical problem (chest pain, seizure, bleeding), any type of fire (business, car, building), any life-threatening situation (fights, person with weapons, etc.) or to report crimes in progress.

While you may know that you should call 911 in an emergency, you may not be sure of when you should not call 911. Too often, requests to 911 do not involve a true emergency, which overloads the 911 system with non-emergency calls.

OP
OP
fishinmagician

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The crush zone for the bumper, under the truck, is going to end up causing the truck to be totaled.
Sorry for your misfortune.
BTW...sue YouTube...why not, right?
Good idea, go after the big $$$$ 😂

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Then maybe it's a case of "YMMV". I know there are regular stories of "stupid" 911 calls. Maybe the policy varies depending on locality, but no, I don't consider hitting a deer at night or cars blocking a lane of traffic due to a collision to be an "emergency."

From 911.gov:
An emergency is any serious medical problem (chest pain, seizure, bleeding), any type of fire (business, car, building), any life-threatening situation (fights, person with weapons, etc.) or to report crimes in progress.

While you may know that you should call 911 in an emergency, you may not be sure of when you should not call 911. Too often, requests to 911 do not involve a true emergency, which overloads the 911 system with non-emergency calls.
Ok, PSA cut and paste time. I found this as further information on 911 calls.

• Do Not Call If:
  • You want general police information, the time, a weather report, or local directory assistance.
  • Your utilities went out.
  • You have small cuts, bruises, the flu, or a broken bone (unless partially or fully amputated). However, in the event of a traumatic fall or accident, these minor external injuries may be signs of more serious internal injuries. Use your better judgment to determine if that is the case.
  • You want to report a non-emergency, like a noise complaint, stray animals, or glass on the street.
  • You want to set up ambulance transportation to medical appointments.
  • Your cat is stuck in a tree.

OP
OP
fishinmagician

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Take some pictures of the structure boxes under the truck on both sides of the spare tire then compare them to the truck that was totaled earlier. Hope your damage is less. Please share
the picture. Thanks
Will do later when I get home

OP
OP
fishinmagician

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Lol you must not have scrolled down and seen the picture of the Tacoma. Airbags deployed, driver came out guarding his arm and disoriented.

I'm a registered nurse so I think I know who needs medical care

Sponsored
OP
OP
fishinmagician

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I used to live in CA and they have signs all over the freeways telling drivers involved in minor accidents to move safely to shoulder or center divide to exchange INS information on your own and not call 911. Seen that in a couple other states I have passed through as well. Common sense should rule here?
Did you not see the Tacoma? And I am pulled off to the median...

OP
OP
fishinmagician

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Lol no 911. Sorry it’s a 911 type call. The non emergency number for our suburb city is a different city! takes several minutes to find and get picked up by a human.
I don't think they saw the picture of the Tacoma. Or they are trolling

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everybody has something to say these days.

Sorry to see you having to deal with this and the crash. Good luck.
Sponsored