Sponsored

Air bag recall aftermath, you’ve gotta be kidding me.. vehicle left dirty and damaged

PaidEMS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Boss pays you no matter what. You work hourly. That's why I'm paying $80 an oil change for $2 of oil/filter and 15 minutes of labor. Not every job is going to have massive margins.

And again, that's up to the dealer. If they no longer feel like they can make good money selling and servicing a brand, time to move on to another one.

Returning a brand new vehicle with gouged plastics and oil on the headliner will never be acceptable to me. 😉
I understand your disappointment in your dealership. My first dealership, Chapman-Horsham (PA), bait and switch my initial deal. (SALES). Then they lost a screw from the last engine fire prevention recall (SERVICE). And when I went to purchase the bumper cover for the hitch, they told me it was not in stock with unknown ETA (PARTS). So three for three, could not recommend them. Now I use Fred Bean-Newtown (PA). They order my part and was there in three days. I have since ordered accessories without a hitch. (PARTS). All my other "adventures" with recalls and defective parts have been promptly addressed. (SERVICE). I recommend them to anyone looking to service their vehicle or looking for parts and accessories.
Sponsored

NorthShoreMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If anyone is in the New York area, my airbag recall was done by Empire Ford of Huntington in Suffolk County Long Island. It took two days to complete, but they did a good job. I rather them take their time and do a complete job.

ChrisAA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Which dealership did you go to? I have an appointment next week at my local dealer in NY. If it's at this same dealer, I will go somewhere else! Thank you

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which dealership did you go to? I have an appointment next week at my local dealer in NY. If it's at this same dealer, I will go somewhere else! Thank you
I think OP's in the Buffalo/Erie county area.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Boss pays you no matter what. You work hourly. That's why I'm paying $80 an oil change for $2 of oil/filter and 15 minutes of labor. Not every job is going to have massive margins.

And again, that's up to the dealer. If they no longer feel like they can make good money selling and servicing a brand, time to move on to another one.

Returning a brand new vehicle with gouged plastics and oil on the headliner will never be acceptable to me. 😉
Many techs are not paid hourly...... This recall pays 2 hours from Ford to the dealer. In many dealerships, the tech will be paid for two hours, whether it takes them 1.5 hours or 4 hours to do the job.

Sponsored

Maverickshudder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took my truck in for the it bags and can’t believe the mechanic was such a hack. On the drivers side the bag is sticking out, weatherstripping wasn’t put back in properly, head liner has grease marks, headliner has a bend from where it was pulled back, clip laying on the floor. Passenger side sill plate is filthy and scratched along with the door panel. No one ever sits on that side since it is my commuter vehicle only. Also took it back for the brakes and they didn’t see a problem. Told them there was a TSB on the grabbing . Sad when a customer has to tell the dealer how to fix the problem.

62D71C8A-2CBC-45E7-BF6B-292F2589006E.jpeg

E229D0FB-D5EC-4A66-AC89-B2275885DEB4.jpeg

8DAF84B6-6785-4732-8E21-8C495268C658.jpeg

B81DB65E-49F2-4C51-88F7-B3F181206622.jpeg

2388E310-C4ED-49C1-AB06-C0A2A8D22C11.jpeg

1CEC56FE-0A77-4772-8BFE-0B235CD36380.jpeg
. Same thing happened to mine . Headliner hangs down on both side and fingers prints all over headliner .

Ford Maverick Air bag recall aftermath, you’ve gotta be kidding me.. vehicle left dirty and damaged 842E40B0-09A9-4F3B-9488-3C24F13C7912

Maui

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Kia Soul Convertble
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We had a Subaru with a light cloth interior. It was dropped for service, and when we picked it up it had a Shroud of Turin like greasy, filthy, smelly full body image of a tech across the entire back seat. Never purchased another thing there.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Then ford corporation is wondering why customers are hesitant on get them in for services . odds don't seem very good .

VRausch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT EB 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Reposting as this thread is more relevant:

Truck went in for an oil change and they did the recall while it was there. Got the truck back with damage to the dash (BIG scratch and a chunk missing), damage to the door panel (scratches), and dirt/grime etc on the headliner and both a-pillars. Tech also left me a pry tool in the center console. Also got a text from the dealer at 4am letting me know my vehicle was apparently at the dealer when it was already delivered back to me, so that was nice. Dealer knows and so far has taken responsibility, but we will see how this goes.....

Last edited:
Sponsored

NorthShoreMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got my YETI today in the mail. So far no issues with the recall. Knock on wood. YETI is very nice.

Ford Maverick Air bag recall aftermath, you’ve gotta be kidding me.. vehicle left dirty and damaged 4457FCB8-B53D-4226-BECF-F8279CE7E43D

Ford Maverick Air bag recall aftermath, you’ve gotta be kidding me.. vehicle left dirty and damaged 72BD2971-527E-4AFA-9C64-F48A35B7C4AA

19redsox67

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kona. 2013 Soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had no problems with my dealer on the airbag recall. They also vacuumed the inside and washed the outside. Some dealers care more than others. Also received my Yeti today👍

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had no problems with my dealer on the airbag recall. They also vacuumed the inside and washed the outside. Some dealers care more than others. Also received my Yeti today👍
Take it back and demand greasy finger prints on headliner. 🤣

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I should. I feel that I was cheated by my dealer😂
There was a thread a few days ago in which a headliner retainer pin and,/or something was either added to the air bag recall or a procedure change. May have required headliner replacement. I don't remember. May have been tsb or recall itself.
Sponsored