First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I took my 22 Maverick in to my local Ford dealership in January. Was told after they started to tear into it they realized they needed parts Correct connectors for the air bags. So they ordered them.
I rescheduled for a month later and they call me to reschedule another two weeks out do to personal issues.
Dropped it off yesterday evening for a 7 am appointment today. They are only open 7-2 and told me it would be a half a day. Hours go by and I call them and even stop by the dealership. They had to stay past closing and they finally call me and tell me 7 hours into it that they have a lot of trouble codes and would have to wait until Monday to try and fix it.
They are trying to say the led lights I had installed in my footwells could be causing it. 🤣
I notified them those have been installed for a year with no issues. And they are on a keyed switch labeled extra fuse.
I also reported to them a restraint light that came on three weeks ago. They was also trying to say low battery which could be attributed to the led lights in the footwells. They charged the battery and reset the restraint light. They were even trying to saying there could be a charge if it was due to a drain on the battery due to led lights. 🤔 They are setting me up in a rental I will be picking up tomorrow.
Pretty much sounds like they have to contact Ford about all the trouble codes. I was dreading taking my truck in to a dealer but has to be done for resale in the future.
Beware if you do your air bag recalls.
Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hear ya- Dealer had my truck for a total of eight days with 2 days being an attempt to fix the aftermath of oil finger timmy and his hack job- Yours and others are worse but to have to deal with open heart surgery on new rigs to have them put together as is and will never be factory finish is a shame. The Maverick door seals are dreadful and hopefully get upgraded to a better design/material- The recall really shows how inadequate these seals are- Yall should see how dusty this interior gets after one day in the dirt it's amazing- Anyways still love our Maverick but Ford can/should do better with recalls of this caliber- Heck my dealer can't even figure out to close out the warranty/recall R/O so it shows up as incomplete in the app/online account. Its been fun

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigbicep24

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
YeahI took about 50 pictures of interior and exterior of the truck before I took it in. Be surprised if something isn’t messed up.
I told my wife I installed my 2” lift myself in August 2022 with no issues. But watch they won’t be able to replace some air bags without issues.

Reactions: bgn

mswillis5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will say that my experience with the airbag recall went well and there were no complications. Had an appointment and it was done that day. In at 7am and done at 4pm. They told me that they had 12 Mavericks being done all at the same time that day with 1 Tech per car.

My dad set an appointment at another dealer that wasn't the one he purchased it from and they didn't even have the parts ordered when he took it in. It was a mess and he now has an appointment where he purchased it which is the one that I had mine done at.

I had mine done on April 7th and I just received a shipment confirmation of the Yeti bottle that is talked about here.

David A

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I took my MAV ECO in on my first day of ownership with my delivering salesman. Had issues with not being able to tune any stations on the radio. After 5 scheduled appointment over two months they finally got it fixed. 3 hours wait on the last visit.

Hence, I will not be taking mine in for the air bag recall.

I will let it go to the next owner so they can get acquainted with their local dealer.

Waiting for my new one to come in. And, haven't even got a VIN yet.

I can appreciate when I hear of people having no problems with their Mav issues being properly repaired.

Sponsored

Zotman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only issue I experienced was the 7-1/2 days it took for the 2 safety recalls and the TSB for the grabby brakes. Everything appears to have been done cleanly and correctly.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All of the above is a reason I have chosen not to do any electrical changes (except light bulbs) for fear of causing other electrical issues. Had my first oil changes 4 months ago and it was not reassuring when 4 or 5 tech's came running out to see the first Maverick that had entered their shop...and this is a billion dollar (8 locations) dealership...I'll wait for the "air bag fix" until next year.

It is not surprising that both of my Ford Service schedulers had not heard of the "air-bag" recall....that was announced to me 4 months ago.

Last edited:

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am reluctantly taking mine in for this recall tomorrow. I am also going to have them evaluate it for the wiring harness TSB and the grabby brakes. I am at ~25,000 miles and want to get all of this sorted before end of bumper-to-bumper warranty.

I had some outdoor/gardening projects that required the use of my truck.
Fortunately, I rushed and got them done this weekend as repair turnaround is uncertain based on what I've read on here.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am reluctantly taking mine in for this recall tomorrow. I am also going to have them evaluate it for the wiring harness TSB and the grabby brakes. I am at ~25,000 miles and want to get all of this sorted before end of bumper-to-bumper warranty.

I had some outdoor/gardening projects that required the use of my truck.
Fortunately, I rushed and got them done this weekend as repair turnaround is uncertain based on what I've read on here.
Mine came back ugly. Grimy handprints, scuffs, tool marks, weatherstripping not reinstalled correctly.

OP
OP
bigbicep24

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine has been at the Ford dealer since April 22nd. They can’t figure out the blind spot detection and restraint lights on. I was told they have to wait on a Ford engineer. He might have to come to the dealership.
One plus is I have a nice rental for free. A 2020 Lincoln Nautilus.
I miss my truck. 😭

Deb from MN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deborah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I will say that my experience with the airbag recall went well and there were no complications. Had an appointment and it was done that day. In at 7am and done at 4pm. They told me that they had 12 Mavericks being done all at the same time that day with 1 Tech per car.

My dad set an appointment at another dealer that wasn't the one he purchased it from and they didn't even have the parts ordered when he took it in. It was a mess and he now has an appointment where he purchased it which is the one that I had mine done at.

I had mine done on April 7th and I just received a shipment confirmation of the Yeti bottle that is talked about here.
mine is going in on Tuesday morning, hope it all goes well.....
Sponsored