2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I waited to get this recall taken care of, since many dealers in my area have stated that they have not received the parts from Ford, then about 3 weeks ago, I received an email from Ford saying, that dealers do have the parts and I should make an appointment. So, I contacted the closes dealership and was told, "Sorry, we don't have the part in stock, but was told they will make a service ticket and the part would be ordered" 3 days later received a phone call that the parts are in, when I told the service advisor (SA) I will need a loaner, the push back begun. When I explained to the SA that Ford does provide a loaner since this is a SAFETY issue, he backed down. I made an appointment to drop my truck off on Monday 5th (yesterday). I was truly expecting a horrible experience, which was further from the truth. So the airbag is being replaced, Grabby brake update 2.0 and a service will happen. I was given a 2023 Escape as a loaner.

This escape is optioned interesting, it's the "Active" model (one up from the base) the only option is the $4300 Tech II package MSRP is 33K. It has the 1.5l EB engine, I'm not sure what the issue but this engine stumbles right off idle, then surges, then stumbles, and then will smooths out, I have driven it now for about 40 miles (It only has 105 miles) overall this thing is gutless, my HYbrid has more grunt. But for a commuter car, it's ok.

Ford Maverick Air Bag recall and Loaner 1686063186797

As we all know the Mavericks got the cheapest SYNC system Ford could find, this SNYC 4 is SOOOO nice... It's fast, the connection is quick.. Wireless Apple CarPlay is very nice too. The 13" screen is NICE, easy to read and you can have multiple apps open at the same time. Here are some screenshots.

Ford Maverick Air Bag recall and Loaner IMG_3818[1].JPG

As you can see the screen is very clear and crisp. Love having the map on the screen when another app is open, my BMW does this too.

Ford Maverick Air Bag recall and Loaner IMG_3819[1].JPG

Here is the driver's screen, the sign recognition works brilliantly, and when you go over the posted speed limit the sign flashes to grab your attention. Yeah, it was 89 degrees at almost 10 PM (welcome to PHX in the summertime).

I have been saying since picking up my Maverick 15 months ago, Ford needs to offer a Tech Package for the Maverick. I know that the Escape has 2 Tech packages, one is $995 and the other is $4300. I like the digital dash, 13" screen (which comes in the $995 Tech Package) SYNC 4 is fantastic (that comes in the $995 tech package) SO if Ford is reading this offer the Tech Package for $995 and give us the real SYNC system.

Overall this Escape is nice, as a commuter it does the job, but if it was my only car, I would upgrade to the Hybrid.

Now, here is a question, why hasn't Ford offered the Escape Hybrid as standard equipment, they saw how the Maverick was a sure win they could do the same thing with Escape.

One other thing, this has a charging pad, when I lay my phone on it, the phone get hot after about 10 minutes of charging, does anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

RichH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Ford Maverick Lariat/Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I scheduled my recall service visit as soon as I got the notice that the parts were available. My loaner car was a Tesla Model 3 and I got a sweet YETI thermos a couple weeks later.

Take the case off the phone if you use the charging pad in the Maverick. The phone won't get hot. (my experience anyway)

Ford Maverick Air Bag recall and Loaner IMG-7731

Ford Maverick Air Bag recall and Loaner IMG-7732

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Feet!

OP
OP
Eagle11

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I scheduled my recall service visit as soon as I got the notice that the parts were available. My loaner car was a Tesla Model 3 and I got a sweet YETI thermos a couple weeks later.

Take the case off the phone if you use the charging pad in the Maverick. The phone won't get hot. (my experience anyway)

IMG-7731.jpg

IMG-7732.jpg
How long after the fix did u get the Yeti? This is what I'm looking forward to

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I waited to get this recall taken care of, since many dealers in my area have stated that they have not received the parts from Ford, then about 3 weeks ago, I received an email from Ford saying, that dealers do have the parts and I should make an appointment. So, I contacted the closes dealership and was told, "Sorry, we don't have the part in stock, but was told they will make a service ticket and the part would be ordered" 3 days later received a phone call that the parts are in, when I told the service advisor (SA) I will need a loaner, the push back begun. When I explained to the SA that Ford does provide a loaner since this is a SAFETY issue, he backed down. I made an appointment to drop my truck off on Monday 5th (yesterday). I was truly expecting a horrible experience, which was further from the truth. So the airbag is being replaced, Grabby brake update 2.0 and a service will happen. I was given a 2023 Escape as a loaner.

This escape is optioned interesting, it's the "Active" model (one up from the base) the only option is the $4300 Tech II package MSRP is 33K. It has the 1.5l EB engine, I'm not sure what the issue but this engine stumbles right off idle, then surges, then stumbles, and then will smooths out, I have driven it now for about 40 miles (It only has 105 miles) overall this thing is gutless, my HYbrid has more grunt. But for a commuter car, it's ok.

1686063186797.png

As we all know the Mavericks got the cheapest SYNC system Ford could find, this SNYC 4 is SOOOO nice... It's fast, the connection is quick.. Wireless Apple CarPlay is very nice too. The 13" screen is NICE, easy to read and you can have multiple apps open at the same time. Here are some screenshots.

IMG_3818[1].JPG

As you can see the screen is very clear and crisp. Love having the map on the screen when another app is open, my BMW does this too.

IMG_3819[1].JPG

Here is the driver's screen, the sign recognition works brilliantly, and when you go over the posted speed limit the sign flashes to grab your attention. Yeah, it was 89 degrees at almost 10 PM (welcome to PHX in the summertime).

I have been saying since picking up my Maverick 15 months ago, Ford needs to offer a Tech Package for the Maverick. I know that the Escape has 2 Tech packages, one is $995 and the other is $4300. I like the digital dash, 13" screen (which comes in the $995 Tech Package) SYNC 4 is fantastic (that comes in the $995 tech package) SO if Ford is reading this offer the Tech Package for $995 and give us the real SYNC system.

Overall this Escape is nice, as a commuter it does the job, but if it was my only car, I would upgrade to the Hybrid.

Now, here is a question, why hasn't Ford offered the Escape Hybrid as standard equipment, they saw how the Maverick was a sure win they could do the same thing with Escape.

One other thing, this has a charging pad, when I lay my phone on it, the phone get hot after about 10 minutes of charging, does anyone else have this issue?

Just to clear up a few things about this recall:

Parts can be ordered, but have to be ordered through a special process tied to the VIN #. Dealers are very unlikely to have the parts in stock.

Ford does not pay for loaners for this recall (unless customer has loaner coverage from ESP).
The dealer bulletin for 22C20 says: "Rental vehicles are not approved for this program."
If the dealer provides a rental, it is at their expense.

OP
OP
Eagle11

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just to clear up a few things about this recall:

Parts can be ordered, but have to be ordered through a special process tied to the VIN #. Dealers are very unlikely to have the parts in stock.

Ford does not pay for loaners for this recall (unless customer has loaner coverage from ESP).
The dealer bulletin for 22C20 says: "Rental vehicles are not approved for this program."
If the dealer provides a rental, it is at their expense.
First, the email I received stated differently, you can say what you want. This is not up for debate.

Ford, has decided to be cheap and not to offer a rental when a vehicle has a safety recall and offer a loaner.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer, Ballentine Ford, Greenwood SC, did the air bag recall, changed oil and rotated tires in two hours while I had breakfast across the street. They also did an excellent job. (y)

OP
OP
Eagle11

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My dealer, Ballentine Ford, Greenwood SC, did the air bag recall, changed oil and rotated tires in two hours while I had breakfast across the street. They also did an excellent job. (y)
I'm on day three. This just goes to show that not all dealership work as effectively.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First, the email I received stated differently, you can say what you want. This is not up for debate.

Ford, has decided to be cheap and not to offer a rental when a vehicle has a safety recall and offer a loaner.
I work at Ford dealership....I work w/ warranty claims... I'm not making up stuff here!

They very well may email you that parts are available, but that doesn't mean that dealers have the parts in stock. The parts are not on open order. The airbags must be specifically ordered for a certain VIN through something called the SSSC. This is what dealers see when we look up 22C20:
"The seed stock program has been lifted. Parts ordering through SSSC is still required."

Ford can decide on when to offer a loaner or not. It doesn't always make sense. Technically, this is a compliance recall (hence the C in 22C20) and not a safety recall (if it were, it would have S rather than C). That may play a roll in whether Ford is willing to pay for a loaner or not??
Ford paying for a rental/loaner and the dealership offering a rental/loaner are two separate issues.

There are recalls that I am surprised a rental is not offered by Ford. And others that are so quick, that I am surprised one is. I don't how whether or not to offer a loaner is decided by Ford.

Sponsored

dennish

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat :-)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What dealer did you go to, still Rodeo?

OP
OP
Eagle11

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What dealer did you go to, still Rodeo?
No, Earnhardt, I got the truck back and they damaged the inside window tint, they are taking responsibility for it and I'll get it fixed.

Morgan33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went in for the 3hr exhaust fix. It ended up 2 and a half weeks. And a replaced cat .They fixed the airbag recall too. For the loaner We got a monster excursion . My wife drove it thought it was awesome untill she had to fill the tank. Two days after getting my mav back. The airbag light is on. It goes back this Friday while I rent a car to go on vacation. I Need a third row to fit everyone. While it's there they're gonna look at my sudden vibration upon acceleration. Still love the truck.
Sponsored